Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Casey at Casey Fields (Read 19485 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues vs. Casey at Casey Fields

Casey Scorpions vs. Northern Blues   
Saturday, August 02
Casey Fields at 2:00pm

Casey Scorpions
B:   Kent   Georgiou   Panozza
HB:   Strauss   Davis   Terlich
C:   Blease   Morris   Nicholson
HF:   Jones   Fitzpatrick   Salem
F:   Best   Smith   Kennedy-Harris
R:   Gawn   Michie   Riley
Int:   Petropoulos   Scott   Hillard    Page   Harmes   Godfrey    Evans   Paredes   Gawley*    Clisby   Rutherford   Barry
    Symons      

Northern Blues
B:   Armfield   Dirago   Byrne
HB:   Sheehan   McInnes   Walton
C:   Holman   Cripps   Lucas
HF:   Garlett   Coulson   Temay
F:   Wilson   Anthony   M. Watson
R:   Warnock   Wilkinson   Cattapan
Int:   Dorman   Reynolds   Johnston   Hunt*   D. Watson   Russell   Bransgrove   Bolger   Totevski

To be honest, this does not look the strongest team we've fielded this year, particularly considering the poor form of Garlett. However, we are running out of fit Blues, so beggars have few choices.
Hopefully there can be some sign of the spirit and endeavour the senior Blues showed last night.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northrn Blues vs. Casey at Casey Fields

Reply #1
Casey Scorpions vs. Northern Blues   
Saturday, August 02   
Casey Fields at 11:00am

Casey Scorpions

B   Corry   Corrigan   Godfrey
HB   Welsh   Rutherford   Hillard
C   Anderson   Scott   Barry
HF   Symons   Rennie   Paredes
F   Page   Fisscher   Rosier
R   Waters   Lang   Petropoulos
Int   Bundle   Westrupp   Winderlich
    West   Thomas (Jnr)   Jackson
    Murray   Currie   Pears
    Saunders   Davidson   Collins
    Del Papa      

Northern Blues

B   D. Watson   M. Gleeson   Grimes
HB   Johnston   Reynolds   Posar
C   Russell   McCann   Taglieri
HF   T. Thomas   Bolger   Haynes
F   M. Johnson   Dufficy   Dorman
R   Kur   Totevski   J. Gleeson
Int   Callaway   Jenkins   Curnow   Dowse   Tardio   Perry   Roberts   Yelland   Young
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Blues 6.14.50, Casey 13.14.92
Fist quarter was good, but the rest was pretty ordinary, as were conditions.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Glad I didn't drive down: it is about as far as you be from Bendigo.

Casey Scorpions   4.2.26  10.4.64 12.9.81    13.14 92
Northern Blues   3.6. 24  3.9.27 4.11.35    6.14 50

First quarter wasn't bad at all, but from then on it was one way traffic the wrong way.

Disposals:
Armfield 28, Cripps 27, Cattapan 22, Lucas 20, Wilson 18
Cripps appears to be best, but he got hurt in the 3rd quarter and had a huge icepack on his quad from about half way through the last quarter. He did come back one in the last quarter and got 5 possessions, but he probably shouldn't have. If he can be fit, then he probably deserves a senior game. But I would think it unlikely he could be fit enough. Maybe against Geelong?

Armfield getting 28 possessions is also a very good sign, as he has been pretty ordinary for quite a while now.

From the twitter feed, it sounds like Watson was OK at FF, even though he was not a prolific goal kicker. He was sent back to FB around Half Time, but does not seem to have been particularly effective there.

Goals:
Walton 3, Totevski, Bransgrove, Warnock
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Casey Scorpions   4.1  6.3  10.5  12.7 (79)
Northern Blues   1.1  2.4  4.10  9.14 (68)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Rennie 5 Lang 2 Paredes 2 Jackson  Fisscher  Murray
Northern Blues: Johnson 3 Curnow 2 Johnston  Haynes  Sutton  Watson

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Rennie Paredes Symons Hillard Corrigan Jackson
Northern Blues: Jenkins Johnston Roberts Thomas Watson Tardio
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Apart from Cripps and Arfield, seems like no one else really stood up.

Reply #6
2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Casey Scorpions   4.2  10.4  12.9  13.14 (92)
Northern Blues   3.6  3.9  4.11  6.14 (50)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Fitzpatrick 3 Best 3 Gawn 3 Scott  Salem  Jones  Page
Northern Blues: Walton 3 Bransgrove  Warnock  Totevski

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Gawn Michie Strauss Barry Fitzpatrick Jones
Northern Blues: Armfield Wilson Wilkinson Cripps Sheehan Warnock

Sheehan appears to have been OK.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Casey Scorpions   4.2  10.4  12.9  13.14 (92)
Northern Blues   3.6  3.9  4.11  6.14 (50)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Fitzpatrick 3 Best 3 Gawn 3 Scott  Salem  Jones  Page
Northern Blues: Walton 3 Bransgrove  Warnock  Totevski

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Gawn Michie Strauss Barry Fitzpatrick Jones
Northern Blues: Armfield Wilson Wilkinson Cripps Sheehan Warnock

Sheehan appears to have been OK.

I think Sheehan can be a AFL player...like to see him get a senior game before the season is out.
Solid build, neat kick and being mature I think he would benefit more by being played alongside better players which would further his learning quicker.
Cripps needs to be in the seniors next week in place of Brock who is gone IMO...

Reply #8
According to that report, in Armfield, Cripps and out Mclean, Ellard.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
Johnson should get dropped before McLean, Bell was ordinary as well and Graham was barely passable.
Johnson went OK against a woeful St Kilda but his other three games have been well below the required standard, I'm all for giving kids a go but not if it means rewarding mediocrity.
If we drop McLean before any of those three we aren't fair dinkum.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
Johnson should get dropped before McLean, Bell was ordinary as well and Graham was barely passable.
Johnson went OK against a woeful St Kilda but his other three games have been well below the required standard, I'm all for giving kids a go but not if it means rewarding mediocrity.

Reckon Brock is gone....came on fresh vs Freo and their blokes just ran away from him......agree Bell wasnt much good but i though Graham was promising.
I'd keep playing Johnson, no point going back to the tried and failed....

Reply #11
All their "best" were AFL listed players. Not sure what that means...

I thought Graham was good against Freo. Doesn't panic when he gets it in his hands, he just didn't get a lot of it. He's shown he can find the ball in the 2s, though. I think he's developing well, and that's exactly why he's been playing in the 1s.

I think Graham is one of the big positives from this year TBH.

Reply #12

Reckon Brock is gone....came on fresh vs Freo and their blokes just ran away from him......agree Bell wasnt much good but i though Graham was promising.

Johnson was terrible on Thursday night, we might as well have played one short, as it stands right now McLean is miles ahead of him.
There's no point playing kids for the sake of it then leaving them in the seniors when they're showing nothing, it breeds a loser mentality and gives the club an excuse for failure.
I heard enough of the young team excuses during Ratten's time.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #13

I like the kid. Just turned 19 but shows enough to suggest he'll be a very good player in the next couple of years. Showing more composure with each outing and being well managed by the coaching staff.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14

Johnson was terrible on Thursday night, we might as well have played one short, as it stands right now McLean is miles ahead of him.
There's no point playing kids for the sake of it then leaving them in the seniors when they're showing nothing, it breeds a loser mentality and gives the club an excuse for failure.
I heard enough of the young team excuses during Ratten's time.

Mate let it go re Ratten, you'll be still on here blaming him in a decade. You were one of the biggest voices out there saying Ratten should be winning a premiership with the list and now you blame the poor list on him. The fact that you still take pot shots at him says it all.

You do understand the philosophy of playing and developing players don't you? If Mclean plays ahead of Bell or Graham, then we are definitely not fair dinkum about moving forward. It's not rocket science.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!