Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Preseason Starts now! (Read 7553 times) previous topic - next topic

2015 Preseason Starts now!

So now 2014 is done and dusted, I sincerely hope the playing group (or what is to be left of it post draft/trades) gets some good rest in the coming weeks, as come grand final time (end Sept.), our squad should be running laps at Princess Park till xmas and beyond.

The Blues (along with all the other sides outside the top 8) all up to a 4 week advantage over the sides playing finals.

Lets use it Mick, and use it wisely.

Re: 2015 Preseason Starts now!

Reply #1
Indeed.

I don't have any worries about overseas camps and things, but we need to have them when it suits our training, not when it suits the venues best. Andy Collins told me the time in Dubai was the hardest he had ever trained, but that it was wasted due to poor timing.
I know Malthouse prefers America, but as long as we do the hard yards when we can get the best out of them, I am happy.

Whatever way we go, I'd be making sure all of the ops are done and dusted and that everyone will be ready for the start of preseason training. Juddy hasn't been through a proper preseason, for example, since he got to the club.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Mt Kosi is far closer. Send 'em there!

Defo +1 on the ops. Hell we should have had anyone with a niggle into surgery a month ago in any case.

Reply #3
I didn't like how some of the players and staff went to the US and some stayed home. I'd prefer the team stick together during the preseason, get to know new recruits and get some unity between players and staff.

Reply #4
I didn't like how some of the players and staff went to the US and some stayed home. I'd prefer the team stick together during the preseason, get to know new recruits and get some unity between players and staff.
Last year appeared to be more optional than previous trips. I hope this year pretty much everyone will be travelling and getting something out of it.
Hell, send them to Peru if they must, but make it relevant and worthwhile.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
what i have noticed this year and previous yrs is that our players have no muscle or strong build.So i like to see bell gibbs 2e kruzer and others in theGYM and comeback stronger for 2015.

Reply #6
Give them a couple of weeks in Wollongong :D

Reply #7
the club should not close for holidays and they should all work through Christmas and new year to get our club off the floor...

Reply #8
They need a rest, you can't keep a race horse in work for 52 weeks a year.
Our fitness is fine, we finish games well, it's the skills that need work.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #9
They need a rest, you can't keep a race horse in work for 52 weeks a year.
Our fitness is fine, we finish games well, it's the skills that need work.

Nothing to do with fitness, I am saying all staff board admin & players...

Reply #10
Get Levi (if he stays), Menzel, Waite (if he stays) and Hendo kicking 100 goals a day from when preseason starts to round 1 2015.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Make that 1000 a day....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
Back to basics please, we are not as good as we think we are.
Keep it local, keep it hard (very hard) and keep it very team orientated... Club orientated, none of this elitist stuff, they are just footballers FCS ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
Get Levi (if he stays), Menzel, Waite (if he stays) and Hendo kicking 100 goals a day from when preseason starts to round 1 2015.
From every conceivable distance and angle until they don't miss.
20 push ups for every miss: they'll get stronger and more accurate as they will be starting with plenty of push ups!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Learn to kick around the mark quickly. Learn to kick low and hard to targets. Practice kicking clutch goals. Get fitness to a new level. Tackle harder.