Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton's Big Unknowns In 2015  (Read 16216 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton's Big Unknowns In 2015

Some people are predicting a huge rise up the ladder in 2015, others are expecting more of the same as last year.

The club has a number of big unknowns that will directly determine the outcomes next season, best of all, no-one really knows the answer to them either :

1. Kreuzer - will he return to full fitness & playing standard plus will he be groomed as a key forward or played as a genuine ruckman again ??
2. Warnock - can he do more than just stand in the centre circle ??
3. Jones - where does he fit into the overall structure ??
4. Watson - how can he be fitted into the team ??
5. Casboult - can he ever kick straight and where will he fit into team ??
6. Buckley - does he stay in defence or is he going to be moved to the forward line ??
7. Jaksch - which end of the ground does he play at ??
8. Walker - will he return to the forward line permanently as that appears hi best slot ??
9. Cripps - is he ready to play regular senior footy ??
10. Thomas - is he really over this ankle injury ??
11. Henderson - where does he play, if forward, is it alongside Casboult, Jones & Jaksch ??
12. Menzel - is it time for him to really break out and kick 40-goals or more for the season ??
13. Rowe - can he replicate the good form he showed in defence last year or was it a once-off ??
14. Whiley - what impact will he have at a new club ??
15. Carrazzo & Curnow - can they be palyed in the team at the same time ??   
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Carlton's Big Unknowns In 2015

Reply #1
I think our "progress" may well depend on the progress of the other bottom teams in particular GWS, playing them twice might not be the blessing everybody thinks it is!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Too many unknowns for us to make an impact. We'll have our moments where things click as it did for Melbourne when facing Collingwood in 2010 but I am just hoping for a turnaround rather than a rocket up the ladder. Same as going into this past season really.

Reply #3
These are my answers/opinions...

Some people are predicting a huge rise up the ladder in 2015, others are expecting more of the same as last year.

The club has a number of big unknowns that will directly determine the outcomes next season, best of all, no-one really knows the answer to them either :

1. Kreuzer - will he return to full fitness & playing standard plus will he be groomed as a key forward or played as a genuine ruckman again ?? - #1 ruckman that has a slow start to the season until match fit
2. Warnock - can he do more than just stand in the centre circle ?? - No
3. Jones - where does he fit into the overall structure ?? - CHF
4. Watson - how can he be fitted into the team ?? - If injuries occur to a KPP
5. Casboult - can he ever kick straight and where will he fit into team ?? - No. Roaming link up player/back up ruck.
6. Buckley - does he stay in defence or is he going to be moved to the forward line ?? - Back pocket.
7. Jaksch - which end of the ground does he play at ?? - 3rd tall defender primarily. Might get a few minutes forward during development.
8. Walker - will he return to the forward line permanently as that appears hi best slot ?? - Has to play forward.
9. Cripps - is he ready to play regular senior footy ?? - No yet but will get plenty of opportunities.
10. Thomas - is he really over this ankle injury ?? - No and will never get back to his best. Can still be a handy contributor
11. Henderson - where does he play, if forward, is it alongside Casboult, Jones & Jaksch ?? - FF
12. Menzel - is it time for him to really break out and kick 40-goals or more for the season ?? - Yes it's time to break out but with more midfield time and same/less goals.
13. Rowe - can he replicate the good form he showed in defence last year or was it a once-off ?? - Lock him in but expect a few games where he gets towelled up.
14. Whiley - what impact will he have at a new club ?? - Good VFL player, in and out of seniors.
15. Carrazzo & Curnow - can they be palyed in the team at the same time ?? - No. I have Carrazzo ahead if he's fit. I'm not much of a fan of Curnow, though.

Reply #4
Too many unknowns for us to make an impact. We'll have our moments where things click as it did for Melbourne when facing Collingwood in 2010 but I am just hoping for a turnaround rather than a rocket up the ladder. Same as going into this past season really.

There may be unknowns to us but not to the club. 9 of those questions I can guarantee the club knows the answer to.

Reply #5
the unknowns sounds like a band,increase fitness and strength ,change our game plan ,been saying it all last year watch how syd,hawks style . Times last last season we did not look fit enough compared to other teamsbut the most important CHANGE OUR GAME PLAN mm.

Reply #6
Put this in the time capsule until this time next year. Supposedly we have a dream fixture, improvement in the list and hence the expectation is high for us next year. Watch our mob fork it all up and be 0-4 or 0-5 at the start of 2015 and miss the 8 again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our Club and other AFL Clubs, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

Regards to the Secretary of State USA

Reply #9
Anything less than improvement in ladder position is unacceptable given
-the draw
-full pre-seasons for most players.
-a supposedly improved list.

It will be hard to justify the old "we have to be patient" if we don't progress.

Reply #10
Anything less than substantial improvement lods.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
I think we are good enough to make the top 8.

I think we will need to be unlucky with injuries and/or close loses in key games to miss out.

That's my expectation anyway, am I aiming too high?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #12
Considering we play all the 'lesser' teams, absolutely not! Anything less is failure IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
Like all teams injuries to key players or lack thereof can make a massive difference. How our new look forward line functions will be important. A fit and firing Kruezer improves us and makes for greater flexibility. Need Buckley for his speed. Hopefully a season of stability and consistency.
Eat more chooks

Reply #14
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rumsfold

Is this what the Sheik is talking about? :)