Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 49520 times) previous topic - next topic

2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game

How many sleeps now people, not many! :D

WTF hasn't our club website got a massive countdown clock running. Lets get one up and running on the front page here if they failed to get with it!

DD:HH:MM:SS.SSSSS

We are the big show of the AFL season opener, the rest are just a sideshow! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #1
Chris Newman has an issue with a heart arrhythmia and will miss 2 weeks of training while it's addressed.  He'll probably miss Rd 1.  I doubt if the Tigers would be greatly prejudiced by his unavailability.

Reply #2
Chris Newman has an issue with a heart arrhythmia and will miss 2 weeks of training while it's addressed.  He'll probably miss Rd 1.  I doubt if the Tigers would be greatly prejudiced by his unavailability.

Apparently that heart thing happens to quite a lot of sports-people, I've heard it is something to do with potassium levels and fluid intake.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

Apparently that heart thing happens to quite a lot of sports-people, I've heard it is something to do with potassium levels and fluid intake.

I have it.
I've competed in Track and Field, including distance events, for most of my life without too many ill effects.
When I was younger I'd often arrive at the track with it out of whack and by the time I'd finished warming up it was back in sync as the heart got working.
Makes your chest feel a little full and you can get a bit light headed at times.

I suspect what they might do with Newman is a cardioversion where they shock the heart....like you see in the movies with the paddles.
It's a procedure I've had three times but after about three weeks it slipped back out of rhythm.
It's something that doesn't really affect lifestyle.....I actually feel better when it's not beating regularly.

The big danger with it is that because of the irregular beat the blood can pool and clot and cause a stroke.
As a result I have to take blood thinners.
It's particularly important to avoid high blood pressure and diabetes which are complicating factors

Assuming this is a similar case..... A younger healthier man should not be adversely affected in his sport particularly if the procedure is effective and the heart stays in rhythm.

Reply #4
Greg Denham says Andrew McKay told him that AW is 50/50 to play as he struggles to recover from knee surgery, Warnock may miss because of the injury he suffered against Collingwood but Gibbs should be right.  Denham says, reading between the lines, that Jones and Casboult might be competing for the one spot.

Reply #5
Greg Denham says Andrew McKay told him that AW is 50/50 to play as he struggles to recover from knee surgery, Warnock may miss because of the injury he suffered against Collingwood but Gibbs should be right.  Denham says, reading between the lines, that Jones and Casboult might be competing for the one spot.

Going by that,   AW will not play until round 5.  Warnock is out of favour and Gibbs will be the sub.

:P

Reply #6
B: Tuohy, Jamison Jaksch
Hb: Yarran, Rowe, Simpson
C: Thomas, Gibbs, Bell
Hf: Everitt, Henderson, Judd
F: Menzel, Jones, Cripps
Foll: Wood, Carrazzo
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Boekhorst, Curnow, Tutt, White
Emerg: Buckley, Casboult, Ellard

I really don't know!!!  :) 8) :-[

Reply #7
i want to see an open fwd line for the jones boy to use his space and drag rance away mean while we go long to casbolt in the goalsquare  can we do this.

Reply #8

Going by that,   AW will not play until round 5.  Warnock is out of favour and Gibbs will be the sub.

Going by Denham's track record 1AW is a certainty, Gibbs is out for the season, Casboult / Jones will be the twin talls up forward with Warnock our starting ruck! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9

That side looks top heavy to me, too slow and not suited for the wide open spaces of the MCG.

I think we will see another small on the field in the form of Graham or Smith type.

I don't think Boekhorst is ready, we won't pick him, Tutt or Ellard over a fit Buckley.

Jones and Jaksch are note certain to both get a start ahead of Casboult, Sheehan or White.

I think it's highly unlikely, assuming we are not already wrecked with injuries, that you will get all of Jaksch, Jones, Tutt, Boekhorst in this first game together. Five first gamers, I doubt it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10

That side looks top heavy to me, too slow and not suited for the wide open spaces of the MCG.

I think we will see another small on the field in the form of Graham or Smith type.

I don't think Boekhorst is ready, we won't pick him, Tutt or Ellard over a fit Buckley.

Jones and Jaksch are note certain to both get a start ahead of Casboult, Sheehan or White.

I think it's highly unlikely, assuming we are not already wrecked with injuries, that you will get all of Jaksch, Jones, Tutt, Boekhorst in this first game together. Five first gamers, I doubt it!
Cant see Ellard, Sheehan or Buckley getting in for rnd 1 given their limited time in the NAB games. MM stated the aim was to have 30 players available to pick from for rnd one. Ellard, Buckley, Sheehan and Walker dont fit in the squad due to lack of preparation.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11

I think Casboult will play......Wood vs Maric all day wont work... the tiger man is a tough hombre and will need to be worked over by a couple of ruckman just to break even IMO.
Reckon Jaksch and Jones are certs and one of Tutt or Boekhorst will play....my money is probably on Tutt.....however I reckon there might be some perceived pressure to play Boekhorst given his selection
was to say the least controversial and the footy dept might feel they have to justify picking him.....sub would be his role if he does play IMO..

Buckley, Ellard and Graham are no hope IMO...

Reply #12

Going by Denham's track record 1AW is a certainty, Gibbs is out for the season, Casboult / Jones will be the twin talls up forward with Warnock our starting ruck! :D
Denham is a Flog of the highest order....thinks his s..t don't stink...very inflated opinion of himself ;)

Reply #13
Lets start the season on a positive note. This is a danger game for us. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14

Tutt over Smith purely because of conditioning, Smith looks like he needs more work.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time