Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 30641 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 15: Post Game Frustrations: Carlton vs Collingwood

I'll edit the name for the thread depending on the result. I won't be back from the game until late, so... :)

Edited now. Name is quite suitable. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 15: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Not much you can say about that, neither side kicked 60 points on a fine night with no wind,  it was a very poor standard game.
Upside Silvagni, downside Byrne.
The least said about our lack of forwards the better, but let's hope the youngsters come on because what we have now is simply not good enough.
I liked Phillips' game, he'll be ok.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #2
Not much you can say about that, neither side kicked 60 points on a fine night with no wind,  it was a very poor standard game.
Upside Silvagni, downside Byrne.
The least said about our lack of forwards the better, but let's hope the youngsters come on because what we have now is simply not good enough.
I liked Phillips' game, he'll be ok.

There's one thing I can say, Everitt is over!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
One of the worst games to watch ever, really poor skills and decision-making by many of the players on the ground.

Sadly, we had more of them than they did.

The papers were stamped on a few of the older more experienced players tonight, they did not show anything when we were really screaming out for it.

Thank **** we have Simpson & Docherty !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #4
Observations from afar.  Our back six are looking relatively settled and should be left alone. Our defensive setups are in place and work more often than not.  We have found promise in Wright, Lamb, Phillips (and Kerridge / Sumner to a degree). We know that 'tomorrow' shows potential with Curnow, McKay and Silvagni. We are confident that our next trade period will unearth some more talent.

The rule of thumb seems to be to get yourself set up structurally in defence then work forward.  I'm satisfied we are on track. 

Reply #5
Poor coaching to let Pendlebury be opposed to Cripps...meant the former just ran loose all night and in a game with poor skills from most players the last thing we needed was the most skillful player on the ground getting free ball. Cripps is a great inside player but isnt going to be able to run with a player like Pendlebury in the open and we did lose that matchup badly..

Jack was good, took a brave mark and looked at home....Simpson was reliable, Philips tried hard but there want much else to be enthused about..
Gibbs got a tough tag from Greenwood who roughed him up and we dont  have the personnel to return fire... in fact we were bullied I thought and the Pies bigger bodies helped them win the game. We never looked like it but they only won by 12 points which shows you how crap they are....

Sad to see Byrne carried off and he will be a real loss as he gives  some run out of defense..

Need another big very Physical mid  badly...

Reply #6
Observations from afar.  Our back six are looking relatively settled and should be left alone. Our defensive setups are in place and work more often than not.  We have found promise in Wright, Lamb, Phillips (and Kerridge / Sumner to a degree). We know that 'tomorrow' shows potential with Curnow, McKay and Silvagni. We are confident that our next trade period will unearth some more talent.

The rule of thumb seems to be to get yourself set up structurally in defence then work forward.  I'm satisfied we are on track.

Agree with most of that, still like to see us unearth another big gorilla-minder in defence though. Rowe is only a short-term option and we will be well undersized when he goes shortly.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #7
Not sure what role Walker plays these days other than jumping (unsuccessfully) for everything, gives nothing at deck level, applies little pressure.

Everitt should be played on a wing where he can run around by himself not worrying about an opponent,maybe he could be eeffective in that role.  He can deliver the ball long with skill but don't ask him to win his own ball.

Casboult was flogged gave nothing - again.

SOJ's forward smarts shone out like a beacon, the others were in football terms, brainless.  No crumbers, no lead up options, no working to create space... Just hit the hot spot and hope somebody catches it.  And when we get a shot they burn it wide.

Gutted for Byrne, we need his pace and run.

Kreuzer tries but Grundy flogs him every time.

Cripps is injured, surely he can't be this bad. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
We really struggled up forward tonight. No one really stood up to be a target and our talls didn't really fire a shot in Walker, Casboult, Everitt and even Weitering when pushed forward in last quarter. Very disappointed in that area tonight.

Reply #9
what happened to Byrne?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Cripps keeps turning back into traffic and gets caught because the opposition are onto it..he did it last year with effect...but no longer...new tricks please Cripper ;)

Reply #11
Yep EB, I thought we were physically bullied and the umpires stupidly didn't step in and stamp it out, result was plenty of sly stuff and Aish getting nailed.  The hit on Docherty? was careless and should have been a report, wasn't even paid as a free!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
What has happened to Cripps?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
FRONT AND SQUARE! How many times did we bomb it in and nobody was at the front of the packs?

Reply #14
So no 50m penalty for Varcoe's late hit on Byrne? ... which was followed by an oh-so-brave high hit from Cloke? Give me a break.  I hate those feckers.
Keyboard warrior #24601