Skip to main content
Topic: Goaltracker (Read 52701 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Goaltracker

Reply #150
Not such a good comparison as Jenkins has played 4 less games (almost 30% less game time) than Meat so far this year and being the focal point means Meat gets a lot more traffic/opportunity through him than Jenkins does. I'd be confident that Meat would like to be doing better than he is as would his coaches and team mates, and there's little doubt he and the club would benefit from H helping out.

It's really not a good comparison because Jenkins is playing in a top 2 team and he has the luxury of Walker taking the best defender, etc, etc.  Casboult may get more balls kicked in his direction but Jenkins doesn't have two or three defenders trying to nullify him.

I think that comparing Casboult with Tex Walker is an apples and oranges situation but Walker has kicked 14% of the Crows' goals, Levi has kicked 15% of ours.

I don't think Casboult is anywhere near the class of Walker, Franklin, Kennedy, etc but he's not bad as a second ruck, part time key forward.  Put a decent tall forward alongside Meat and he'll do OK ... and I'm starting to have nightmares about Collingwood with Moore and Casboult  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #151
Second best forward in the league for contested marks behind Dixon.

Not bad for an "underperforming" key forward.

Take him out of our team and there would be one massive gaping hole that would take years to fill. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Reply #152
An underperforming key forward who is outdoing his previous performances is an improvement for sure.
However, an improved underperforming key forward does not mean he is playing at an acceptable level, or even average level. He can still be a below average forward...and i believe he is.
other
He's more a 2nd forward/ruck. He's taking marks, crashing packs, creating scoring chances and at least hitting the scoreboard. Doing a good job in his roles. I'm thinking Kreuzer and Casboult are about the best ruck combo in the game. The simple thinkers will go by goals only those that know about about the game will take the performance into account. There's a reason why he's getting interest from other clubs. I'll go with them rather than some poster with an agenda.

Reply #153
other
He's more a 2nd forward/ruck. He's taking marks, crashing packs, creating scoring chances and at least hitting the scoreboard. Doing a good job in his roles. I'm thinking Kreuzer and Casboult are about the best ruck combo in the game. The simple thinkers will go by goals only those that know about about the game will take the performance into account. There's a reason why he's getting interest from other clubs. I'll go with them rather than some poster with an agenda.

Kreuzer+Casboult might be the best ruck combo in the game.
You know what though.
Kreuzer might be the best ruck in the game at present, so as good as casboult might be doing in the ruck (that part is very debateable anyway) he is more like training wheels on a motorbike. There just in case, but not really needed.

Sure Casboult does things other than kick goals. But when he is your #1 forward (whether he is better suited to #1, #2 or #13 is incidental) and your team has the worst forwardline going for the second year running, then perhaps we need to have a big rethink about that forwardline. Having a bloke who struggles to kick accurately, especially under pressure, should set off red flags when trying to come up with a functional forwardline.

Us 'simple thinkers' were able to see that Fevola was indeed capable of being traded and being covered from such a trading. Unfortunately not all people were able to foresee such a thing, despite being self-proclaimed deep thinkers.  :-[

Perhaps lightning can strike twice Jimbo. Let go of YOUR agenda and think outside of the box you hid yourself in. Still plenty of people probably owed an apology from your narrow minded agenda driven insults from the past. But better to have a name change than own up to that right?

Reply #154
So feel free to tee off on casboult then and we'll all shut up about it because you were right about something to do with fevola...

Cas can kick straight, all but lead the league for contested marks, lead our goal kicking... And you can complain about how his left shoe lace is too short and we'll all agree he should be dropped / traded / shot.

I get the need to criticise our players when they are going badly but this feels more like some built up opinions that some people can't let go.

Reply #155
Many opinions about Cas , but he serves a purpose and this year has become a little more versatile. Seems to have his leading & marking feel back. Funny thing is that the year that Sav was missing he was spraying them all over. So he is teachable and seems more on track all round. Still a place for him here. But a second forward eg maybe time to bring in McKay for a run would be intersting & a little more space & freedom.

Reply #156
So feel free to tee off on casboult then and we'll all shut up about it because you were right about something to do with fevola...

Cas can kick straight, all but lead the league for contested marks, lead our goal kicking... And you can complain about how his left shoe lace is too short and we'll all agree he should be dropped / traded / shot.

I get the need to criticise our players when they are going badly but this feels more like some built up opinions that some people can't let go.

That Fev bit was specifically for Jimbo. It makes a point that others won't get.

As for Casboult, ask yourself a few questions.
1. Would you feel comfortable with the ball in his hands to win you a game of footy after the siren? Grand Final?
2. Do you think he would be a part of this side if we were legitimately vying for a flag?
3. Are you content with him as our FF/CHF for the medium-long term?

My answer to all of those questions is no.
That does not mean i don't appreciate what he does on the field.
That does not mean i don't cheer him on as much as the next bloke.
That does not mean i wish anything bad for him.

What it does mean is i want the best for this club.
What it does mean is that i think we need to make some hard calls on some players.
What it does mean is that I think Casboult needs to be replaced for the benefit of the club....and some others too

Nothing personal.

It's very easy for someone to say that a bloke like.....Dan Gorringe should get the chop at the end of the year. He is not in our long term future, blah blah. Well...why is that different to Casboult? Because he is playing games of footy? Doesn't mean he is up to standard, just means the cupboard is bare, and has been for a long time.

Reply #157
Jims argument the way I see it isnt about Casboult being a FF/CHF down the track ...its about him being a Forward pocket/No 2 ruckman and that the Kruezer/Casboult combo
is one of the better ruck combos going around.
Hopefully Kerr, Harry and maybe Jack will be taking those shots after the siren...
Rowe is a better ruckman than Gorringe....

Reply #158
That Fev bit was specifically for Jimbo. It makes a point that others won't get.

As for Casboult, ask yourself a few questions.
1. Would you feel comfortable with the ball in his hands to win you a game of footy after the siren? Grand Final?
2. Do you think he would be a part of this side if we were legitimately vying for a flag?
3. Are you content with him as our FF/CHF for the medium-long term?

My answer to all of those questions is no.
That does not mean i don't appreciate what he does on the field.
That does not mean i don't cheer him on as much as the next bloke.
That does not mean i wish anything bad for him.

What it does mean is i want the best for this club.
What it does mean is that i think we need to make some hard calls on some players.
What it does mean is that I think Casboult needs to be replaced for the benefit of the club....and some others too

Nothing personal.

It's very easy for someone to say that a bloke like.....Dan Gorringe should get the chop at the end of the year. He is not in our long term future, blah blah. Well...why is that different to Casboult? Because he is playing games of footy? Doesn't mean he is up to standard, just means the cupboard is bare, and has been for a long time.

Gorringe should be used like that big bloke at the Cats... a ruck-rover mid type....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #159
Gorringe should be used like that big bloke at the Cats... a ruck-rover mid type....

Blicavs....Gorringe likes his footy a bit too bruise free, skills are good but he just doesnt attack the ball well enough or show enough intent, his ruckwork is novice like

Reply #160
Gorringe will be gone at the end of the season.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #161
Seems pretty simple ???
While Casboult is the best we have in the position...he's in the team.
When somebody better comes along he's not.
When he's not able to make the side... we'll be a pretty good side. :D

Reply #162
Seems pretty simple ???
While Casboult is the best we have in the position...he's in the team.
When somebody better comes along he's not.
When he's not able to make the side... we'll be a pretty good side. :D

Summed it up perfectly as usual Lods  :)

However, there is another possibility:
When he's not in the side... he'll be playing in a better side  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #163
Jarrod Brander might be an option with pick 2

Reply #164
Seems pretty simple ???
While Casboult is the best we have in the position...he's in the team. Which is what's happening now. When we had J Waite, he was our key forward... when not injured or out reported.
When somebody better comes along he's not. We've been trying to replace him for years but recruited badly... (Watson, McCarthy that other bloke who played 1 game!) Lucky fella, Meat.
When he's not able to make the side... we'll be a pretty good side. :D Yep, couldn't agree more.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17