Skip to main content
Topic: Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10609 times) previous topic - next topic

Green Shoot of the Week

Considered starting this last week, trying to extract a positive from a negative and using our coach's vernacular...Green Shoots. 

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face.

I'll start off with 'The fearless willingness of Zac Fisher.' No a great game, but you can put on weight, bulk up, gain strength etc, but you can't teach courage. He's got determination and courage.

Worthy of a Green Shoot acknowledgement.

Re: Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
Great thread.

I thought samo was very good again today, tried some Hollywood footy but so clean and great skills. Those little shimmies out of the packs are sublime

Reply #2
Levi's second quarter.

His marking and goal kicking turned the game but not quite as much as his willingness to cause carnage.  The Swans defenders were looking over their shoulders and that really had a big influence on the result.  If Levi continues to attack the ball/man with the same intent, our forward line will be so much more competitive.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
That mark and quick handball of Curnow's

Reply #4
Tough to pick just one this week. But I'll go with Tom Williamson's composure, work rate and kicking. There's a lot to like about that lad.

Reply #5
Tom Williamson for me too, cool and composed, works hard both ways and rarely misses a target by foot

Reply #6
Good call barbs, sps was good. Willo was better! So aware of his man and when to peel off, very impressive

Reply #7
Williamson has improved each week. If he keeps it up he'll be judd mk2 by the end of the year.

Reply #8
Williamson is a bull. Magnificent kick who will become a big name. A massive upgrade on Tuohy.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
Willo for me. Ive said it from the start, this kid will be the best of the lot, there is just something special about him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
Alex Silvagni.

Perhaps not as young or green, but I was expecting absolutely nothing from this pick-up and am pleased to have been proven wrong.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Have not seen the game yet but interested to hear BB stressing the importance of the Gibbs/Murphy contributions especially their leadership! Good to hear, let's hope they can keep it going.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Have not seen the game yet but interested to hear BB stressing the importance of the Gibbs/Murphy contributions especially their leadership! Good to hear, let's hope they can keep it going.

What would Bolton know Cookie?  They are just parasites sucking the life out of the club  ::)

I guess supporters will always form opinions based on observations from afar and without the benefit of inside knowledge ... I do it all the time  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
What would Bolton know Cookie?  They are just parasites sucking the life out of the club  ::)

I guess supporters will always form opinions based on observations from afar and without the benefit of inside knowledge ... I do it all the time  :)

Yes mate, I guess we are all prisoners of our own perceptions.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Jump onto the AFL website Cookie and listen to Bolts's presser at around the 1:39 mark. When asked about the boys coming out hard in the 3rd qrt, he said he didnt need to make a point about it to the players, he said Bryce Gibbs did, Murph did, Doc did, Crippa did, Ed did. All the leaders took charge and he didnt have to say a thing.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-29/full-postmatch-blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time