Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs GWS (Read 8181 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 12: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs GWS

Time to conisder this week's game: we are 2nd bottom and GWS are on top for the first time, but we are a LONG way from being out of the contest. GWS have not been winning by much and appear ripe for a loss. We, on the other hand, are ripe for a win! :) :)

Seriously, we should be flogged. GWS have the skills we lack and deserve to be on top at the moment. But I am not sure we are going to be flogged. But we DO have to put in 4 quarters.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 12: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
10 goal loss minimum.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Our boys crack in all game - get tired in last quarter regularly unfortunately

Our defence is super good - our dysfunctional forward line is a problem and hope Harry makes an introduction here as I don't rate GWS tall defenders.

Cripps, Gibbs, Curnow, Graham get good contested numbers and tackles.. just when we move it forward is the problem and hopefully Harry can make an intro to the AFL world.

Reply #3
GWS have struggled at Etihad this year ;D

Reply #4
Could easily be a blow out... hopefully GWS are thinking about their week off and going on a massive bender in Melbourne post match.

And can we at least try and tag Josh Kelly.

Reply #5
Bring our very very best as well as plenty of G and D and we could get close, but..........?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
A week or 2 ago they were forced to play a half-injured stevie j because they couldn't find a half-fit body to replace him.
Not sure how many blokes they've got back since, but i can guarantee that their injury list is a lot larger than ours.

Who knows. This week might be the best week of the year to face them.

Reply #7
GWS play pretty footy and we have to make it tough hard and be physical.....dump Mummy on his fat ar$e too and dont get intimidated by him. The player who is their real leader is Callum Ward IMO, without him Kelly, Scully, Shiel and co will have to get their hands dirtier and I reckon nullifying Ward is a key factor.
They will start odds on favs but I reckon we can take it up to them...maybe a player like Armfield could be a suitable in this week, pacy, good tackler and can kick a goal if
a smart ar$e big headed GWS backman like Heath Shaw doesnt man up and kick chases instead..

Reply #8
I agree with playing this game tough.
There should be a number on the board at Carlton, 120 tackles.

If 120 tackles are not laid then the footy gets put away this week and all of their work is high intensity drills such as suicides etc that leave them needing to throw up, to remind them how to push our boundaries.

We don't have to win this game, but we must make them hurt, we must put a body on them and we must frustrate the crap out of them. It doesn't have to be dirty, but when you run past a player, put a body on them, when you are a stoppage .. put a body on them.

GWS has more skill and they have more speed, but there is no reason why our club can't have more guts and determination.

If Carlton walk off the ground beaten against GWS but you can see just how hard each player went, then as a supporter that is going to be enough to please me, that is going to show me that they know how to work when the chips our down, they know how to never, ever give up.

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #9
You've nailed it MIO, i agree 120%!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #10
I agree with playing this game tough.
There should be a number on the board at Carlton, 120 tackles.

If 120 tackles are not laid then the footy gets put away this week and all of their work is high intensity drills such as suicides etc that leave them needing to throw up, to remind them how to push our boundaries.

We don't have to win this game, but we must make them hurt, we must put a body on them and we must frustrate the crap out of them. It doesn't have to be dirty, but when you run past a player, put a body on them, when you are a stoppage .. put a body on them.

GWS has more skill and they have more speed, but there is no reason why our club can't have more guts and determination.

If Carlton walk off the ground beaten against GWS but you can see just how hard each player went, then as a supporter that is going to be enough to please me, that is going to show me that they know how to work when the chips our down, they know how to never, ever give up.

hear hear!  I totally agree.  Actually I think we could even give these clowns a run for their money if we attack the contest like there is no tomorrow.  If we don't then we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Reply #11
GWS play pretty footy and we have to make it tough hard and be physical.....dump Mummy on his fat ar$e too and dont get intimidated by him. The player who is their real leader is Callum Ward IMO, without him Kelly, Scully, Shiel and co will have to get their hands dirtier and I reckon nullifying Ward is a key factor.
They will start odds on favs but I reckon we can take it up to them...maybe a player like Armfield could be a suitable in this week, pacy, good tackler and can kick a goal if
a smart ar$e big headed GWS backman like Heath Shaw doesnt man up and kick chases instead..

Wright, Palmer and SPS to running backs in Heaf Shaw, Nafe Wilson and Zac Williams
Ed Curnow to tag Josh Kelly
Gibbs to Callum Ward
Docherty to a wing v Tom Scully - make Scull accountable

Reply #12
Some talent (and pace) missing from the park.....even if Lobb, for example, gets up he'd surely be well underdone...?

Brett Deledio   Calf   TBC
Steve Johnson   Knee   Test
Rory Lobb   Groin   Test
Jacob Hopper   Finger   2-3 weeks
Will Setterfield   Ankle   2-3 weeks
Nick Haynes   Hamstring   2-3 weeks
Devon Smith   Knee   4 weeks
Stephen Coniglio   Ankle   8 weeks
Ryan Griffen   Ankle   12 weeks
Matt Buntine   Knee   Season
Adam Kennedy   Knee   Season
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Down back on their tall forwards-

A.Silvagni to Cameron
Jones to Patton
Marchbank to Lobb

Plowman to Greene
Williamson to Taranto

Reply #14
hear hear!  I totally agree.  Actually I think we could even give these clowns a run for their money if we attack the contest like there is no tomorrow.  If we don't then we should be ashamed of ourselves.
What chance our ex-GWS boys will want to prove a point?