Skip to main content
Topic: Respect (Read 5712 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Respect

Reply #15
Strangely enough, probably on Robbo and Caro from the lot. Robbo is a total dill, he knows we are coming and has started to write positive stuff about us.

He's only doing that so he can kick harder and hurt us more when we stumble!

It's the shiv you are not expecting, it comes with betrayal and shock!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I'm not sure i'd call it respect.

We are where the Bulldogs were before they won the flag.

I call it the pity phase.

People are starting to feel sorry for us because we pose no real threat and haven't done for a long long time now.

Reply #17
Yes but I think we are in a "harmless" phase. By that, I mean we play good footy and are competitive but we aren't a threat...yet. When we are, lets see if the opo teams fans are as nice towards us.

Spot on GIC.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #18
I'll be happy when we get respect from the media and AFL.
I know that is sooooo far off but it would be nice.  :)

I think that we are being shown a lot of respect by the more knowledgeable, balanced media commentators.  Respect, and not a little surprise, for the way SOS has built the list and Bolts has built the capacity of the players.  I think there's also just a little concern that the juggernaut is building  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
I think that we are being shown a lot of respect by the more knowledgeable, balanced media commentators.  Respect, and not a little surprise, for the way SOS has built the list and Bolts has built the capacity of the players.  I think there's also just a little concern that the juggernaut is building  :)
I like that word, JUGGERNAUT  ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #20
They all change their tune like flicking a fecking switch moments after since Leon Cameron stated we are not a 17th position team but a team on the rise!

Posters give them too much credit, even Ralph is writing positive stuff today. FFS, these are the same people the undermine the club with comments deliberately designed to cause dissension for their own sensationalistic purposes!

There is no fecking way you can just be their buddy now, because the moment you relax they will take the opportunity to tear you down or stab you in the back!

I'll give you a prime example of how fat these heads can get!

McAvaney is crook, like him or not he deserves respect, but the Bozzo Bristle has sensed blood in the water and cannot help but take cheap shots at McAvaney every opportunity. Ling and Carey put Bristle back in his seat twice last night on the broadcast, in the subtlest and only way possible on a live telecast. I'd would have told the prick to pack his bags and not come back if he treated someone like that, let alone a career veteran like McAvaney whether you like him or not!

Bristle has treated Leigh Matthews the same way in recent weeks, the fat mooching prick should be walking behind Leigh Matthews sweeping up his turds in thanks for Leigh being a true legend of the game!

But Bristle is a legend in his own lunch box, and his lunch box is a 40ft shipping container with armed guards defending the contents from thieves! Ch.7 should be worried if McAvaney gets too frail the Bristle might eat him by mistake!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Not sure the arrogant, smart arse Carlton is what Bolts is looking for. I think he's more for the humble, no dickhead, play your role approach. Dislike us because we're good not because we strut like Toby Green!!  I'm very comfortable with that.

Reply #22
Not sure the arrogant, smart arse Carlton is what Bolts is looking for. I think he's more for the humble, no dickhead, play your role approach. Dislike us because we're good not because we strut like Toby Green!!  I'm very comfortable with that.

Spot on TC. He's very much the iron fist in the velvet glove.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
Respect is relayed when everyone starts hating us because we win flags. We are very much a liked club because of our win-loss record past few years :(