Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Werribee on TV (Read 8298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Werribee on TV

Reply #15
What was the Phillips injury?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Following twitter it seemed we had two bad patches in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs where we let Werribee rattle on 4 and 5 goals quickly. Cost us in the end. We we lazy last week and it seemed it carried over this week.

Agreed laj, a few of the lads have gotten a bit far ahead of themselves and should be taught the old adage - you're only as good as your last game. those patches when we got torn  new one we were awful, lazy and disinterested.

We shouldn't forget the impact of not having Jones and to a lesser extent Boekhurst playing either,,,,

Jaksch - rarely have I seen such an apathetic type!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
Macreadie isn't a KP player and found Daw too strong and quick.  NBs missing a lot of key positional players yesterday, surprised they got so close in the end.

Thomas is still a weak hound.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Macreadie isn't a KP player and found Daw too strong and quick.  NBs missing a lot of key positional players yesterday, surprised they got so close in the end.

Thomas is still a weak hound.

I think the majority of the AFL will find Daw too strong and quick too. Nothing to be ashamed about there, especially from a kid in his first season.

Reply #19
Agreed laj, a few of the lads have gotten a bit far ahead of themselves and should be taught the old adage - you're only as good as your last game. those patches when we got torn  new one we were awful, lazy and disinterested.

We shouldn't forget the impact of not having Jones and to a lesser extent Boekhurst playing either,,,,

Jones was missed...Larkey and Daw were all over over backs in the marking duels.......not sure Boekhorst would have made much difference. I thought BLaine showed
he is still a deer in the headlights in the seniors....when he got caught holding he ball and then dribbled that kick from near the goal square it reminded me of Paul Bower for some reason....
Rather play Kerridge or Palmer this week vs the Tigers.....the sight of Dusty Martin will frighten the living daylights out of Boekhorst....

Reply #20
I think the majority of the AFL will find Daw too strong and quick too. Nothing to be ashamed about there, especially from a kid in his first season.

Macreadie was on a kid called Larkey who was a similar tall thin build and who beat him easily.....JGM played on Daw and couldnt handle him for the reasons you said...Daw is intimidating at VFLlevel....
Wouldnt mind recruiting Daw and getting Bolton/Fraser and crew to re-program him like they have with Jones.....Brad Scott hasnt done much with Daw and how a banana like Hansen gets a game ahead of Daw is beyond me ...Daw could be a weapon in the right coaching environment.

Reply #21
Macreadie was on a kid called Larkey who was a similar tall thin build and who beat him easily.....JGM played on Daw and couldnt handle him for the reasons you said...Daw is intimidating at VFLlevel....
Wouldnt mind recruiting Daw and getting Bolton/Fraser and crew to re-program him like they have with Jones.....Brad Scott hasnt done much with Daw and how a banana like Hansen gets a game ahead of Daw is beyond me ...Daw could be a weapon in the right coaching environment.

Daw has all the physical and athletic attributes EB but just seems to have very little clue of where to run and get where the ball is, from what I've seen of him at AFL level. He just looks like he's wandering around without any real purpose, an onlooker, unless the ball happens to come directly his way. Maybe Bolts/Fraser could fix that? I don't know, but if we could get him for a low cost he maybe would be worth the punt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Daw has all the physical and athletic attributes EB but just seems to have very little clue of where to run and get where the ball is, from what I've seen of him at AFL level. He just looks like he's wandering around without any real purpose, an onlooker, unless the ball happens to come directly his way. Maybe Bolts/Fraser could fix that? I don't know, but if we could get him for a low cost he maybe would be worth the punt.

Agree...although rumour is Goldstein will be offered up to help pay for Kelly and Martin so I guess Nth might want to hang onto Daw...

Reply #23
Agree...although rumour is Goldstein will be offered up to help for Kelly and Martin so I guess Nth might want to hang onto Daw...

Mmm, interesting. From what I've seen of Goldstein this year I think he may be a bit down on previous year's performances so Nth may well be more inclined to trade him?

Reply #24

Jaksch plays good footy, wish he would be more intense. It's probably what's keeping him out of the side that lack of intensity as he plays well most weeks. If he worked hard he'd be a good player. In the end it's up to him to make that penny drop.

Reply #25
Jaksch plays good footy, wish he would be more intense. It's probably what's keeping him out of the side that lack of intensity as he plays well most weeks. If he worked hard he'd be a good player. In the end it's up to him to make that penny drop.

no doubt you watched or went yesterday?

His first few goals were simply because he was the last man (alone) at the end of the chain....i would have kicked them!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
I was disappointed with Big Harry's conversion yesterday.  He made good potion, clunked a few but couldn't finish off, especially early in the final quarter.

Reply #27

It was informative to watch Jaksch in a one on one situation.  Jaksch was goal side and should have had his opponent cold but the defender simply made body contact and Jaksch was out of the contest.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
It was informative to watch Jaksch in a one on one situation.  Jaksch was goal side and should have had his opponent cold but the defender simply made body contact and Jaksch was out of the contest.

As far as most of our tall forwards are concerned, he's not on his Pat Malone in this regard!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
So, does Levi keep his spot or does someone else get a go?

Harry?
Kerr?
Jaksch?

From reports, none of these seems to have made a strong enough statement so Levi plays v. the Tiggers I guess?