Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC (Read 38756 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

Reply #135
This was one of Bryce Gibbs' best ever games. He worked excellently in the middle, ensuring we got clearances. He had serious leather poisoning and appeared to challenge himself to get more than Ablett did. One of the great games.
Gibbs certainly looks like he is committed to the Navy Blue cause......
One thing for sure, if Adelaide does come knocking in October after another failed September, they might be a bit more willing to pay overs if he keeps playing like this.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #136
we've had 2 back man come out of nowhere to stiffen the backline
ASOS and jones
The other around them have lifted because of it
Docherty is AA lock in. Would love to see him run through the middle more. Reads the play effortlessly
Gibbs - Best game for us (since i can remember) added some cnt to his game.
C. Curnow is improving with confidence. I was a little concerned earlier, the speed of the game was too much for him
Thomas is improving, Good move blues, getting the distraction of contracts away from cobblers
When we were challenged and we held, i thought the frenetic pace of the week before and the wasted chances earlier , we would capitulate
Thats what we're used to as supporters. But we held, resisted, regrouped and found a way to win. This is the coach, this is the belief he has instilled into this group.
We are no longer a club, no players would want to come to

Reply #137
I thought he was one of the keys to our win. I'm not potting our players after a brilliant win - that's your thing.

Beating gc at home is a great effort let alone with half our team under 21. Awesome.

Totally agree.
Without efforts of the much maligned Levi and Daisy, the benchmark could have been much lower. Love em or hate em, they set the tone for a fabulous standard.

Excellent effort from the stars to the boot lacers. Like with GWS, we witnessed our boys pull off a 8-10 goal turnaround from out last outing. Progress even to our stiffest critic - surely.

Go new Blues
Enjoy your celebration bluebaggers
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #138
Gibbs certainly looks like he is committed to the Navy Blue cause......
One thing for sure, if Adelaide does come knocking in October after another failed September, they might be a bit more willing to pay overs if he keeps playing like this.

Yes, after that performance it's hard to imagine Gibbs still has a mind to leave now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #139
Maybe that or...It could be that despite some opinions to the contrary before the season started that he's displaying a great deal of professionalism and may still seek a move at the end of the year.
If so it's a credit to him and in stark contrast to some who have left us in recent times.

Reply #140
Agree Lods, I remember some talking that we messed up by keeping him, because he would sulk and you don't want a player who doesn't want to be there etc.
Gibbs has shut every one of them up, because good or bad in patches, he cannot be accused of not trying. He has been absolutely professional and even if he does seek a trade at the end of the year, he is an example to be used whenever someone says "oh you don't want to keep a player once he requests a trade".

I think on current form he has to be in our top 4 in our B&F if it is announced today.
With Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer & Docherty the clear standouts this year to date
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #141
Gibbs is getting better and better.
His form this year has been phenomenal has not scored under 90 in Fantasy points as a case in point he has already kicked 11 goals. He likes playing on big stage and against Richmond as well so expect another big one from Bryce.

Reply #142
Agree Lods, I remember some talking that we messed up by keeping him, because he would sulk and you don't want a player who doesn't want to be there etc.
Gibbs has shut every one of them up, because good or bad in patches, he cannot be accused of not trying. He has been absolutely professional and even if he does seek a trade at the end of the year, he is an example to be used whenever someone says "oh you don't want to keep a player once he requests a trade".

I think on current form he has to be in our top 4 in our B&F if it is announced today.
With Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer & Docherty the clear standouts this year to date

I still say he is goneski comes year's end but credit to him for 'putting in'.

It was a stellar effort Saturday night, from Gibbs and his team mates, no question.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #143
Yes, after that performance it's hard to imagine Gibbs still has a mind to leave now.

He was equally as good against Geelong last year  I reckon. The fact the he has been so professional means it's hard for us to know his intentions for sure. I still think he will go, particularly if Adelaide don't win the flag. Use those picks to secure hopper and god willing Kelly. (Along with some other picks/ players  no doubt)

Reply #144
He was equally as good against Geelong last year  I reckon. The fact the he has been so professional means it's hard for us to know his intentions for sure. I still think he will go, particularly if Adelaide don't win the flag. Use those picks to secure hopper and god willing Kelly. (Along with some other picks/ players  no doubt)

Ah well, if he does want to go at least we can ask top price for him. I would like him to play out his career with us though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #145
Wow. What a game from Gibbs. Best game I've seen him play...from memory anyway. Really influential. This has been a criticism at times I, and others, have had of Gibbs - he doesn't influence games enough. Well, he certainly did on the weekend. If either SA Clubs want him, it's gonna cost...big time! His trade price just keeps going up. I wonder if he still really wants out?

If he does go, and I reckon there's a very goof chance he still does, we'll need to replace him with proven player(s). Can't replace a 28 year old in form midfielder with U18 kids. It will need to again be a mix.

I'm loving that we don't want to, or need to, play the likes of Kerridge, Palmer, Armfield, White, Graham and the like. It's a good sign! The kids, and senior players, are holding their own...and some!!!

Reply #146
Re Casboult, most of us can see his strengths and weaknesses.
For mine the acid is right on young Harry to replace him.

Not after Saturdays goal kicking performance. Just as bad as cas in front of goal. Kicked 1.3 I think on Saturday from some very gettable set shots in front.

Reply #147
Not after Saturdays goal kicking performance. Just as bad as cas in front of goal. Kicked 1.3 I think on Saturday from some very gettable set shots in front.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #148
His form this year has been phenomenal has not scored under 90 in Fantasy points as a case in point he has already kicked 11 goals. He likes playing on big stage and against Richmond as well so expect another big one from Bryce.

I hope you're right but I suspect Richmond will wear him closer than a 'legitimate' suburban massage girls stocking.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #149
I hope you're right but I suspect Richmond will wear him closer than a 'legitimate' suburban massage girls stocking.

Yes, Gibbs is sure to get a lot of attention.  However, that should mean free rein for Murphy and Cripps.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball