Skip to main content
Topic: Round 13 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 5680 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 13 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face.

Jack Silvagni consistently made good position and it was honoured.  Looking forward to when we 'turn the offensive key' which will help Silvagni even more

Re: Round 13 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
That Jones fella.

He looks like and plays like he belongs......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
Fishers nack of getting involved when the real heat is on.

Doesn't touch it as often as some but gets important touches when game is on the line. Did it last week as well.

Reply #3
There were several but I'll go with Jones and the touch up he gave Lynch - really enjoyed that.

I feel very embarrassed about some of the stick I gave Liam in the past but he has dealt with all of that in the best possible way - great effort!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
My green shoot would be the team taking it up to one of the greats.
Running into him, elbowing him, making Gazza's night an irritable one.
Cant remember the last time we did that.
Now onto Martin then that guy Hodge.  >:D
Confidence is an amazing thing, I don't think we a bigger bodied this year but we seem stronger and teams are unable to push us off the ball as easy as they did in years gone by.

When is a statue of Bolts going up at Ikon? ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Fisher and his diving spoil.
Just shows such positive intent and speed.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #6
SOJ. If not his best game for us, certainly damn close. Worked his @rse off again and contributed 2 important goals.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
SOJ. If not his best game for us, certainly damn close. Worked his @rse off again and contributed 2 important goals.

Yes, SOJ showed a glimpse of the player he will become but I can't really go past young Tom Williamson getting physical with Gary Ablett.  He has a steely manner and clearly wasn't over-awed by one of the best contemporary players and was happy to get stuck into him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Gibbs the enforcer!!

Loved quite a few things about the game and about Gibbs game, but not many more than having him constantly getting physical with Gaz.

Would LOVE to see him knock Dusty off his game next week. Give the job to Ed, but have Gibbs just do the same as he did this week to Gaz, was brilliant to watch.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #9
Gibbs the enforcer!!

Loved quite a few things about the game and about Gibbs game, but not many more than having him constantly getting physical with Gaz.

Would LOVE to see him knock Dusty off his game next week. Give the job to Ed, but have Gibbs just do the same as he did this week to Gaz, was brilliant to watch.

I think they should send Gibbs to Martin.
Play him one on one all day and make him accountable

Reply #10
I think they should send Gibbs to Martin.
Play him one on one all day and make him accountable

Agree...like most champs they dont bother picking up opposing players so maybe Gibbs could make Dusty pay for being non defensive....cant see Gibbs, Docherty or Simpson being left alone like they have been.
Hardwick is desperate and I reckon he will man all our behind the ball players up and try and limit our run from half back.....

Reply #11
falling behind in the last quarter and fighting back to win it   ( 2 weeks in a row now )
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #12
Fisher's best game - I thought he was very important in the last quarter. 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #13
There were so many...choosing one is a real challenge but,

Gibbs.
Typified by his super run down tackle on Jack Martin.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
Bryce Gibbs 2 last quarter goals to clinch the win.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.