Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC (Read 38756 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

Reply #195
It seems to me in some way as though we've gone from one extreme to the other - I never liked it in the past when it seemed as though the local U7's girls team could bully us, and I don't like what's happening now.

My personal preference is that we develop a "don't poke the bear" reputation. That we will never instigate this behavior, but we will give it back tenfold if the opposition tries it on us. Once established, any team with even half a brain will realize it's better not to start anything, because in the finish they will come off second best.

Reply #196
J Brown said the other day he called Adrian Anderson himself and told him if if they didn't crack down on defenders hitting him in the back he would take matters into his own hands.

Apparently they counted 132 times he was hit in the back off the ball in one game and he felt like he had whiplash.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #197
Pffft, CONTACT, your free WING DEFENCE  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #198
The aspect thats change is that it used to be one player doing the niggle ie Ryan Crowley was the high prince of close tagging but now are seeing half  the team trying to bang into players like Ablett.....one on one its ok IMO but on mass its probably not a great look for the game.

Isn't that partly due to the lack of response by a team-mate?

So far in 2017 we haven't seen a lot of this happening against us, but we now have quite a few blokes who openly fly the flag instead of running away!

I'll never forgive Tuohy and Everitt for just jogging past Murphy the day the was put down in the center of the field, that was as piss-weak as it comes from Carlton players!

Its going to end in a massive brawl one day when the tagged one decides to belt the would be aggressors.....when that happens the AFL might look at it more closely...

No doubt that will be the case, the thing missing now is the spontaneous retaliation and nobody wants to see that.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
They say that for all the crap Steve Baker gave out to his targets, we would come off the ground 'blue' after playing some teams because HE got smashed so much!!

Reply #200
They say that for all the crap Steve Baker gave out to his targets, we would come off the ground 'blue' after playing some teams because HE got smashed so much!!

That prick used to sharpen his studs.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!