Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond (Read 17372 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond

Reply #75
It might be that over time I am getting to the stage that it is hard to 'believe', but the closer this game comes the more worried I am. I hate the Tigers are much as the next, but my head tells me that are a good side and consistently so. Yes it is great to see them blowing leads, but this they have played a good game in all games except for the Adelaide game.

They are genuine premiership contenders the way the AFL now is. Their smalls worry me up forward, the same goes with Dusty. He is paying 9.00 as the leading goal kicker and it would not surprise me to see him bag 3-4 goals in this game.

I am still hopeful for a win, but like quite a few games this year I am weary. I am hoping Bolton can have the team go into this game with the same level of desperation that we took into the game against GWS and most importantly that we can start with the intensity we had last week (but also make it count on the scoreboard).

HUGE game for our club this week!
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #76
Pop quiz at VAFA today.

Everybody wants Carton to win!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
If Doc doesnt play, that will make it very hard indeed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
Dont see too many volunteers putting their hand up to serve it up to Martin but as I said previously I think Cotchin will get the Ablett treatment..

I think if we are too focussed on Cotchin, it leaves Martin with a get out of jail free card, no pun intended!

I think we have the players to break even with Cotchin and Martin, it's some of the other outside pace that Nthmond have which is more of a worry for me. Especially with a couple of our quicker players out injured.

We might rue those missing pressure acts! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
As silly as it sounds, I think that the performances of Wright, Thomas, Lamb and Smedts will do a fair way to determining the result.   They are all have experience, all mature bodies and can influence if they are on song.

Reply #82
I think if we are too focussed on Cotchin, it leaves Martin with a get out of jail free card, no pun intended!

I think we have the players to break even with Cotchin and Martin, it's some of the other outside pace that Nthmond have which is more of a worry for me. Especially with a couple of our quicker players out injured.

We might rue those missing pressure acts! ;)

Think I would have gone with Kruds man Simon White in this game as an option to play on Dusty....I guess Gibbs will take Cotchin...

Reply #83
Think I would have gone with Kruds man Simon White in this game as an option to play on Dusty....I guess Gibbs will take Cotchin...

Yeah, White is a good option to have on your team, especially when he has towelled up the best the opposition has to offer.

If it doesn't work, you can put him in any part of the ground and know what to expect - effort.

Gibbs on Cotchin?
I reckon Ed on Cotchin.

Reply #84
Yeah, White is a good option to have on your team, especially when he has towelled up the best the opposition has to offer.

If it doesn't work, you can put him in any part of the ground and know what to expect - effort.

Gibbs on Cotchin?
I reckon Ed on Cotchin.

Thought Ed might get Martin....

Reply #86
Get Ed onto him and make sure Charlie comes in and puts a big body on him at every chance.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #87
Looking forward to your comments bluebaggers.
We're overseas at present. At best, may be able to stream the radio broadcast.

Go Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.