Skip to main content
Topic: Round 13 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 5672 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 13 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
SOJ for me, two important goals and great workrate, but his best moment for me was when Boekhurst missed the goal in the last with a dribble kick and was lying on the ground feeling sorry for himself, SOJ went and gave him a pat on the head, helped him up and the started directing him to where he needed to go and set up for the kick out. No hanging your head for SOJ just get on and do what has to be done for the team.
We are getting some good young leaders coming through the club.
Go Blues.

Reply #16
 :)
SOJ for me, two important goals and great workrate, but his best moment for me was when Boekhurst missed the goal in the last with a dribble kick and was lying on the ground feeling sorry for himself, SOJ went and gave him a pat on the head, helped him up and the started directing him to where he needed to go and set up for the kick out. No hanging your head for SOJ just get on and do what has to be done for the team.
Go Blues.

Reply #17
I  felt for Boekhurst, I dont think he saw Sun player because of all the orange in the background ie seats etc  My Green shoot was the composure of Docherty on the wing in the  one on one battle  with the Sun player  who escapes me , first he beat him for the ball and then picked up the ball  and cooly  kicked the ball in attack ,what a star  

Reply #18
Go Blues.

I loved that moment as well. That is exactly what Bolton is trying to preach to them. You can't get too low, you can't feel sorry for yourself, you need to get into position and do your job. Watching a young kid of 19 out there directing another player to do just that was great.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #19
Go Blues.

Well said

Reply #20
SOJ for mine too.

Having the kids nail the shots when the pressure was on if the type of player we need.
He's had some issues with his kicking, but when it counts, he's usually pretty good.

A bit of a contrast to the big lump of a lad who wears #41.

Reply #21
SOJ for mine too.

Having the kids nail the shots when the pressure was on if the type of player we need.
He's had some issues with his kicking, but when it counts, he's usually pretty good.

A bit of a contrast to the big lump of a lad who wears #41.

Jack just got the nod for rising star.

Another reason to smile.

Charlie and Willo next  ??? 

Reply #22
Jack just got the nod for raising star.

Another reason to smile.

Charlie and Willo next  ???
FMD thats awesome, has a team ever had 4 in a year?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
Fremantle had 5 one year.
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #24
FMD thats awesome, has a team ever had 4 in a year?

GWS had 8 one year.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
Yeah you are right, what a ridiculous gift they were given.

Of those 8, 2 are now at Melbourne and 1 at Collingwood.
Now that we have taken some fringe and 1-2 good players, we need to be now starting to pick their best players off.
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #26
GWS had 8 one year.
Party pooper ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
No other team has had 4 nominations in the first 13 rounds before.