Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond (Read 17364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond

Reply #15
Barring injuries or Daisy copping a week, does anyone see any changes for this week actually happening?

I don't think I would be dropping anyone from the win.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #16
Listening to SEN about an hour ago and they were sh1tcanning the Ch7 commentary team for "glossing over" Daisy's hit on Saad. They reckon he clearly ran past the ball to lay the bump! Never thought I'd see the day when Darc was being criticised for sticking up for us!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
only in slooow motion and only in one angle does it look like he ran over the ball.
They both went in to hit, Daisy kept everything in and I think he turned just to protect himself.
Personally I think Saad was reckless.
It was an accident with no malicious intent.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #18
Rance is there equivalent to our Doc and Simmo. They'll  put Grimmes on Caz and use Rance as spare man to intercept incoming balls. We need someone to mind Rance. Push him off his run.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #19
If Daisy goes, clear evidence that certain clubs get selective treatment.

Buddy had only one intention in my mind and should get a month, but he won't.  Likewise for the Geelong hero and Mitchell, their golden tickets will get them off.

Bugg should get six on principle, weak as dog act... And that umpire should be scrubbed as well.  Failure to pay a free caused the game to spiral out of control.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
start doc in the middle and simmo on the wing media kepy repeating how can these two be left alone mopping up,we need to surprise the coach of the year.

Reply #21
Barring injuries or Daisy copping a week, does anyone see any changes for this week actually happening?

I don't think I would be dropping anyone from the win.

No one in the VFL did anything spectacular and we won on the road, I can't see any changes.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #22
Thomas cleared
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #23
start doc in the middle and simmo on the wing media kepy repeating how can these two be left alone mopping up,we need to surprise the coach of the year.

Yep
They'll likely put a lot of thought put into stopping their influence after "every commentator and their dog" made mention of the perils of leaving them unattended.

Reply #24
Talking to my brother about the game, he commented that Doc started in the middle on many occasions against GC, is this correct. I was paying attention to the TV, I was at a dinner party so was focussing on the red wine more than the game. Will need to watch the replay. As to the second part of your post, I think they are left to mop up because of our structures, they are working very well at the minute.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #25
Talking to my brother about the game, he commented that Doc started in the middle on many occasions against GC, is this correct. I was paying attention to the TV, I was at a dinner party so was focussing on the red wine more than the game. Will need to watch the replay. As to the second part of your post, I think they are left to mop up because of our structures, they are working very well at the minute.

I thought early on that he was playing further up towards the middle....but when you think about it so was everyone.
The ball wasn't in their half.

Reply #26
One of these days our forward line and seeing it edge closer and closer that it will click. If that forward line clicks with the defence and midfield in place it will be pleasing to say the least.

Thats the only jigsaw in the puzzle for mine anyway

Reply #27

Yes, Docherty started in the centre square many times and got a couple of clearances.  I think it's a natural development/progression of his game ... but he still spent a lot of time in defence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Or kick it on his head and let Casboult do the rest, not unlike May early on last week!

That's my tactic.

You got someone who is giving you grief. Kick a high ball directly to him and make sure you can get a good run at him the ball.  >:D

Reply #29
Yep
They'll likely put a lot of thought put into stopping their influence after "every commentator and their dog" made mention of the perils of leaving them unattended.

They will try but Doc and Simmo have been doing this for the last 18 months - Coaches have known about this well before the media spelt it out but not as easy as the media make it out by simply 'manning them up'

Bit like saying why don't clubs tag Dangerfield or why Dusty fends everyone off......cause there bloody good at their craft and that's why Doc is the best running defender in the comp and Simmo is not far behind him.

I watch a lot of games live and Doc in particular is amazingly fast when every one else is spent. Not sure if its his will to push himself or if he just has an enormous tank and has more pace then credited for but I have watched him many times start behind an opponent chasing the pill late in tight games and he always seem to out sprint them. Simmo as well seems to run games out well, they use their superior fitness to find space a lot of the time so you need a very fit forward to be able to go with them and 'man them up'.

If it doesn't work not only do our boys win but the opposition loses output from 2 forwards. The same goes when you try and tag. You can lose both ways.

Bet you Dusty will fend off our mids and Doc and Simmo will play their usual roles successfully.

As long as we win, I'm happy.