Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond (Read 17137 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond

Reply #30
Docherty and Simpson were down vs Richmond last game...they manned up grass and fresh air for most of the game....the Richmond unknown smalls like Butler were left unmarked and hurt us bad, even Lambert when resting down there kicked goals because our smaller defenders wouldnt defend.
We need to play more accountable footy vs the Tigers who I dont rate but who have players who can hurt us if you dont put time into them...sick and tired of seeing a slacker like Grigg left alone and pick up easy kicks or a player like Houli setup play from half back because our forwards wouldnt chase or man him up.
These players are not that good in fact Richmond bar a few A graders are not that good and we shouldnt be allowing unknowns and C graders to win them games....

Reply #32
Given all the small fwds. I wonder if Buckley plays.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #33
Not based on what I saw of him in the 2s.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34

Can't get near it at the Bullants. It appears that Williamson will be out. Maybe Casey Byrne will get a run?

Reply #35
I was enthusiastic about our chances this week against the Tiggers, until I listened to BB warning us that we've still a long way to go, etc... preparing us for a let down? Just like last year? If we keep winning SOS won't be happy, he needs us to finish low so he can negotiate important trades.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
These guys reserve their best efforts for us.

It's no coincidence that we haven't beaten them since "that final".

Casboult likes playing against Richmond usually.   At least I remember him having some of his better games against this mob.

Time for us to knock them off.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
I was enthusiastic about our chances this week against the Tiggers, until I listened to BB warning us that we've still a long way to go, etc... preparing us for a let down? Just like last year? If we keep winning SOS won't be happy, he needs us to finish low so he can negotiate important trades.

SOS should be able to get the draft and trades done no matter where we finish on the ladder.

Two big wins in a row could set complacency within the team- youngsters do need perspective as most are teenagers and feet need to be on ground.

This team needs a hardnosed winning culture and they should be gutted not playing in finals this year. Club needs membership boost in a big way and that is playing finals.

If we finish between 16-12 what I predicted pre season and trade Gibbs (SOS would ask for overs of GTFO) that would net pick 3-6 and pick 18-15 one more pick in top 30 would be nice so I don't think ladder position matters even if we finish 8th.

Reply #38
I think BB will want to keep the boys fired up and win as many of the remaining games as possible, starting with the Tiggers. This most important imo and SOS will have to trade and draft around that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39

He is just towing the party line and trying to keep a lid on it.
That fine line of talking the team up but not and as well not giving the opposition any ammo.

BB is an ambitious man who wants success, so don't be fooled by the mild mannered man with a cheesy grin.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #40
Based on the VFL Coaches reviews over the last few weeks, and bits and pieces I have seen, I'd have to say White is the most likely replacement for Williamson. Deserves a go based on form, can and does play both ends which could be very useful this weekend.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Based on the VFL Coaches reviews over the last few weeks, and bits and pieces I have seen, I'd have to say White is the most likely replacement for Williamson. Deserves a go based on form, can and does play both ends which could be very useful this weekend.

Yep White was the media choice for our best in the NB's(not mine) and as Krud pointed out White has also done the job on Martin before so plenty of good reasons to include him...reckon this game might get a bit willing given the Tigers/Hardwicks position and BB's like of the niggle so White might be handy in that area too...

Reply #42

Will be exposed. We need to go smaller not bigger.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #43
A decent game from Byrne and he'll get a gig.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?