Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 22583 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

We get a 6 day break, while Adelaide get 9 days. Even their 2nds had an extra day.
They were embarrassed last week and will be looking to bounce back.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game gentlemanly discussion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
out - Pickett Boakhorst Smedts Graham SPS

IN -  Help me out please :D
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #2
out - Pickett Boakhorst Smedts Graham SPS

IN -  Help me out please :D

I guess Fisher, Cunningham and Williamson if fit would be straight back in.....White and Palmer might be in the mix, Byrne needs another couple of games....

They may not drop all five of those players you suggested, a couple might get another chance.....eg Graham and SPS...

Reply #3
I guess Fisher, Cunningham and Williamson if fit would be straight back in.....White and Palmer might be in the mix, Byrne needs another couple of games....

They may not drop all five of those players you suggested, a couple might get another chance.....eg Graham and SPS...

I think Samo needs a kick up the bum... he hasn't done anything since the Collingwood game.... send him back to the twos and sharpen him up a bit
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #4

If they had put White in, we might have been able to release Jones up the field and then we would have had some chance of a few run-down tackles.

I think the hit on Lamb put the wind up some of our smaller/younger blokes and they basically stopped tackling with full intent!

I think Samo needs a kick up the bum... he hasn't done anything since the Collingwood game.... send him back to the twos and sharpen him up a bit

100% Agree, if SPS and Pickett aren't chasing down opponents they are next to worthless!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Yep, Samo has gone MIA.

Time for a run in the 2s....

Will Fisher, Willo and Cunners be back this week?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Time to bring in the fringe players to see if they are up to it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
Time to bring in the fringe players to see if they are up to it.

Smedts, Boekhorst, Graham, Pickett are the fringe... I guess Buckley, White and Palmer are the next inline fringe....Buckley may have been useful vs the Tigers small forwards, not sure Bolton thought their forward line through too much, we probably had 1-2 too many tall backs...

Reply #9
Palmer should be playing. useful mid and can kick goals.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
If Pickett deserved a game surely Buckley did as well. Could have been handy as that small half forward/wing/small defender. He is a versatile player I would play him in front of Boekhorst/Pickett/Smedts by a mile.

Reply #11
Smedts, Boekhorst, Graham, Pickett are the fringe... I guess Buckley, White and Palmer are the next inline fringe....Buckley may have been useful vs the Tigers small forwards, not sure Bolton thought their forward line through too much, we probably had 1-2 too many tall backs...

I think Jones, once he has gained enough experience, is agile enough to play tall or small, as is Marchbank.

Jones has incredible closing speed, and looks to have a greatly improved tank.

But I agree, assuming Buckley actually got into position he wouldn't have shrugged that marking attempt in the last. Would he have kicked the goal, who knows!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
If Pickett deserved a game surely Buckley did as well. Could have been handy as that small half forward/wing/small defender. He is a versatile player I would play him in front of Boekhorst/Pickett/Smedts by a mile.

Been a bit off Buckley but tend to agree he probably can play a few more positions...small lock down defender has been an issue for a long while..

Reply #13
I wonder if there are some politics going on at PP? Pickett and Smedts getting a gig ahead of Palmer, White and even Kerridge is perplexing. As is persisting with Samo who seems to have let all the publicity go to his head.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
I wonder if there are some politics going on at PP? Pickett and Smedts getting a gig ahead of Palmer, White and even Kerridge is perplexing. As is persisting with Samo who seems to have let all the publicity go to his head.
[/quote