Washington Redskins (NFC East)
[ 0 ] (0%)
None
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Topic: The NFL thread (Read 20536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The NFL thread

Reply #30
Looks like the Pats are about to get back a couple of key player this week or next week. Chris Hogan is not far away and I THINK Malcolm Mitchell could be back soon. If so, the Pats look the goods for the AFC title. IF the Steelers get home ground advantage in the playoffs, they're a chance. The rest don't look like it.

I like the Vikings in the NFC BUT it's very wide open with a month to go before playoffs. Despite their injuries, the Seahawks could make a Western Bulldogs type run and you still can't write off the Eagles or even another 3-4 teams. Very exciting.

Yeah Vikes play the panthers this week and that will have a big say in what happens in the NFC as well.

Unfortunately for the Vikes, GB will be getting Aaron Rodgers back for our xmas showdown, which will turn a gimme game into a 50-50 contest.

If the Vikes can get through those 2 games with 2 wins, then the Bengals and the Bears will be gimme games and see the Vikes with home field advantage all through the playoffs...including the superbowl, which would be unprecedented.

Pats and Steelers seem to be in a 2 horse race for the AFC.
I don't know if its my NFC bias, but i reckon the AFC is a much easier conference to be in.

Reply #31

I don't know if its my NFC bias, but i reckon the AFC is a much easier conference to be in.

I share the same bias, but I reckon you're right...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #32
I share the same bias, but I reckon you're right...

AFC champions tend to win Superbowls in recent times, however. Four out of the last 5. Maybe the NFC has lots mediocre teams rather than a few superior teams in the AFC?

Reply #33
Philly since the Lanky Yank used to have his own footy show on Nine! Looking good too just quietly..... 8)

Been quiet on here haven't you.

Big game this week. Vikes are going in favourites for the only post-season game that is NOT at our home ground.

Vikes looking good, just need Thielen to get up, and it'd help if the concussed Sandejo does too.

If both are fit, i can't see us losing.

Reply #34
I'm happy for the Vikings to do well as the NFC north representative in the play offs!!

Let's see how it all goes!

Reply #35
I'm happy for the Vikings to do well as the NFC north representative in the play offs!!

Let's see how it all goes!

Answer me this...why didn't the packers play Rodgers when he came back? Tanking??

Reply #36
Answer me this...why didn't the packers play Rodgers when he came back? Tanking??

Tanking for pick 15? I doubt it! It our lowest pick in about 10 years though!

I thought I read somewhere he suffered a 2nd injury, not as bad as the 1st but enough to keep him out for the last couple of games. I could be wrong, I lost interest after his 1st injury and didn't keep much of an eye on things after that.

Reply #37
screwing Patriots suck balls.

I hope Philly can somehow scrounge out a win in the SB.

Kruddler, shame the Vikings chose today to put in their worst performance.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #38
Been quiet on here haven't you.

Big game this week. Vikes are going in favourites for the only post-season game that is NOT at our home ground.

Vikes looking good, just need Thielen to get up, and it'd help if the concussed Sandejo does too.

If both are fit, i can't see us losing.
Didn't want to talk it up Krud, lovin' being the under-dawg!!! Dont think those boys you mentioned could've helped. Fly Eagles Fly!!!

No-one will tip us again next week.........
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #39
Didn't want to talk it up Krud, lovin' being the under-dawg!!! Dont think those boys you mentioned could've helped. Fly Eagles Fly!!!

No-one will tip us again next week.........

You're playing the patriots. 31 teams would've been the underdogs against them, don't take it personally.

Both the boys i mentioned played injured, Sandejo actually went off in the 1st quarter not to return. Together with #1 CB Xavier Rhodes who was in and out of the game. End result was our defence wasn't as tight.

Stat of the day was we allowed 3rd down conversions 25.2% of the time before this game. Best in the NFL, and best most years previous.
Last i remember hearing we were 9/10 of 3rd downs and i think you converted a couple more after that. Thats the ball game. If you can't get the opposition offense off the field, you don't win. Of course turnovers don't help either.

Reply #40
screwing Patriots suck balls.

I hope Philly can somehow scrounge out a win in the SB.

Kruddler, shame the Vikings chose today to put in their worst performance.

Worst performance and by a fair margin.

As i just got through saying, 3rd down conversions was pathetic and never gave us a chance.

Still, we ended the season with a QB who was 3rd string at the start of the year, and our running back duo were #2+#3 also. Exceeded expectations, and the fairytale home superbowl was not to be.

Looks like we'll lose our OC to the Giants head coaching position, so good be tough to repeat next year.

Reply #41
Yes it was surprising how many deep plays the Eagles completed, but Rhodes'injury early on didnt help.

Lets hope between Foles and Alshon Jeffrey they can do it for one more game.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #42
To have lost Sproules, Hicks, Peters and Wenz and still make the Super Bowl is remarkable. Still no one rates the Eagles, the "D" will be the difference, the Pats are vulnerable to a four man rush and then throw Fletcher Cox at Brady. Two highly rated offences only scored 17 points against Philly in the two play off games.  Foles just has to repeat his last two performances, run the ball, and let Chris Long and Jenkins monster the Pat's Offence.

Reply #43
To have lost Sproules, Hicks, Peters and Wenz and still make the Super Bowl is remarkable. Still no one rates the Eagles, the "D" will be the difference, the Pats are vulnerable to a four man rush and then throw Fletcher Cox at Brady. Two highly rated offences only scored 17 points against Philly in the two play off games.  Foles just has to repeat his last two performances, run the ball, and let Chris Long and Jenkins monster the Pat's Offence.

See, i saw the big 'poor philly' injuries piece they did during the game...and....well....i know its a philly home game, but it pissed me off.

Oh, so you lost your QB after you are quaranteed playoffs?
We, lost our #1 QB Teddy Bridgewater 2 years ago...still recovering. We lost our #2 QB after week 1 when he was NFC player of the week.
We, lost our best ever RB and future hall of famer Adrian Peterson in the off-season...we started with a rookie RB who was breaking all kinds of records that even AP couldn't get near. Yeah, we lost him to a knee in about week 5. Gone for the year.

Already gone through CB and safety issues going into the game.
Had pro-bowler WR Thielen who hurt his back last week. Then 1st quarter our other WR Diggs hurt his back too.
Former pro-bowl MVP TE Rudolph has been playing injured as well.

We've had 8 different starting setups in our OL due to injuries too.

But yeah, poor Philly.

Every team has injuries, but playing the 'injuries' card coming up against us is a bit much given what we went through this year.

As for coming up against a good offence....vikes don't have a good offence. They have an average one, partly due to all of the above.

Good on Philly for getting there, but the 'underdog' card they keep playing is BS.

Reply #44
Yeah Krudler but the Eagles are in the Super Bowl, they crushed the Vikings.... 8) 8) 8)