Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Doggies - R4 (Read 12252 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Doggies - R4

Reply #15
A bit childish for me.  Reminds me of Go Jetters or Paw Patrol...

Reply #16
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the alternate strips, but if we are going to have one make it completely different like the one the girls launched earlier in the season.

I don't want us(The Club) playing around with the traditional jumper and logo. We've waited long enough for the traditional embossed design to return after a couple of decades stuffing around with modernisation themes.

How good did it look when the more traditional logo was re-launched?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Hmmm, it's OK but I'm not a big fan of changing the jumper.

Not because I don't like the design but because for me the traditional jumper and logo should be sacrosanct. If you get to wear it you should get to wear "it!" It's like getting your "Men in Black" suit, it should be the one and only. When you put that jumper on, you should be nervous about wearing it and living up to the reputation and expectations. You should be putting on a mindset!

Plus I want the opposition to know it, I want that navy blue to be intimidating, awe inspiring, elite. It should be like getting your Baggy Green cap.

I think the club could have done something with the shorts/socks and retained the jumper as is.

Otherwise it's a good job, a blend of old and new.

Yep. 

Navy blue and white are our colours.

If you like the other flashy crap, go and follow the crows.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #18
you love to butt heads Kruddler....  ::) ::)

There are usually a couple of 'ladies' threads each week. Every thread without fail someone comes on and spouts a 'who cares' post. If you don't care, don't read.

Reply #19
There are usually a couple of 'ladies' threads each week. Every thread without fail someone comes on and spouts a 'who cares' post. If you don't care, don't read.

Agree.

Reply #20

Spot on!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Teams are in....

In: N.Plane, C.Webb, L.Arnell, M.Keryk
Out: L.Brazzale (shoulder), T.Harris (suspension), G.Gee (rested), K.Grieve

I actually liked KJG's game, i thought she had plenty of fight and tenacity. Its a shame about the other 3, all would be picked if they were 100%.

Good to see Arnell back. Very good to see Keryk in for her first game for the year. Not so fussed on the other 2, but we'll see.

As for the dogs...
In: K.McLeod, K.Rennie, L.Bailey
Out: K.Brennan (ankle), J.Anderson, D.Berry

We've been handed a huge win with KB not playing. That makes it 2 years in a row she's missed against us.

This round will have a big bearing on the ladder.
Currently 5 teams share 1st spot with a 2-1 record with us 1 spot behind the dogs (3rd and 4th).
Lions (1st) vs Freo (5th) will ensure its a 3-way tie for 1st after this week.

Reply #24
The only thing i don't love is her age. I'd love for her to be a 10 year player for us, but thats not going to happen. :-\

Yes, 32 means another few years only, if she's lucky.

Reply #25
Yes, 32 means another few years only, if she's lucky.

In a fledgling competition with such a short season like this one, its conceivable that the older ladies will play well into their 30's.

Think about it this way.

These girls are playing their second season, and most of them are doing a lot of work doing other things in between.  In a couple of years time, the only thing the older ladies will want/need to do to play a summer ladies series, is maintain fitness and possibly just kick the footy around.

Sure, the youngsters will have speed to burn, but if history has shown us anything, thats the less you train as you get older the longer your career can last provided you dont have to rely too heavily on athleticism and agility (which the ladies are naturally better at anyway).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Katie Loynes a late out.

Ouch.

Reply #28
Wow. This reminds me of watching our mens team. Lots of effort and desire, but outgunned in terms of skill and class, and I have no idea where our next goal is coming from

Reply #29
Totally out gunned. :(
...and with the outs, not much we can do about it.

Too much gap between our top players and the rest.