Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Doggies - R4 (Read 12341 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Doggies - R4

Reply #30
I think we're desparately short of quality midfielders (same as the mens team). I'd shop Vescio around, see if someone will trade a quality mid for her

Reply #31
44-0 as I type. Flag favourites no more.

Reply #32
Success....we broke the duck.

.....and we kick a goal!  :o

Reply #33
That was much better.

Well done to Lauren Arnell. After a poor first half she's bounced back really well

Reply #34
I think we're desparately short of quality midfielders (same as the mens team). I'd shop Vescio around, see if someone will trade a quality mid for her

Vescio stays.

Better delivery and she will not be beaten.

We are desperately short on depth at the moment.

Davey out - irreplaceable
Harris out - irreplaceable
Brazzale and Gee - Plenty of much needed run and carry missing
Loynes a late out can't be replaced

Thats 5 out of the team who would be picked if fit.

I'm not sure if there are any other players who are injured that i don't know about.

There are only 27 spots on an AFLW list plus an additional 3 rookies.

20 players play each game.
So that means (at best) we have 5 fit players who are not playing....possibly 3 of them rookies!

When 25% of your best team, including your captain, are missing you are going to struggle in this comp.

Reply #35
Disproves the notion that the girls can't kick decent scores. And the Doggies haven't really been all that accurate.

Reply #36
Lochland 7 goals 3. That's Fev-like.

Reply #37
4th q is the first time I think I've seen our girls not go 100%. They look stuffed and dejected.

Reply #38
This is like 2012 in miniature. Start with lots of expectations, high hopes, then injuries, and it's all over Gulshan Grover.

Reply #39
Vescio stays.

I'm not sure if there are any other players who are injured that i don't know about.

So that means (at best) we have 5 fit players who are not playing....possibly 3 of them rookies!

When 25% of your best team, including your captain, are missing you are going to struggle in this comp.

Understand that, but only 1 of those missing plays midfield, and we were horribly outclassed there tonight

Reply #40
Understand that, but only 1 of those missing plays midfield, and we were horribly outclassed there tonight

Loynes and Brazzale both play midfield, Gee will get more time in there in the future.
Davey provides more run through the midfield than most of our mids.

I'm not saying don't get more midfielders, i'm just saying we are low on our depth chart as it is in that area which is making it look worse than it would be if we didn't have those injuries

Reply #41
I thought Brazzale played mostly HBF? Anyway, what we need is a Kearney/Blackburn type. or maybe both of them

Reply #42
Disproves the notion that the girls can't kick decent scores. And the Doggies haven't really been all that accurate.

Evidently without their 2 better forwards  :o
Goes to show how quickly things can change. For the worse in our case. It'll be a long week for our girls. Recover and reload ladies.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #43
Vescio stays.

You're certainly right there. Missing a few hurts the women's team way more as the depth just can't cover their loses.

Reply #44
Even with those playrs in, our midfield was inept nd our forward line woeful.

Is it the coachind strategy, the players or what but we have failed to score so frequently eg no score in 3 quarters today, it really is not a good advertisement for Carlton or the women's league...
Finals, then 4 in a row!