Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 12980 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
Whatever we did last week in the form of training and prep work for WC, we need to up it again this week to break the duck against WB. BB needs to do this in order for the boys to not think they are good enough to win this week because of a good, or better, effort last week. In the end, we lost so we have to work harder week to week to be any chance of winning week to week. The WBs have been horrible, well below their best. I do not want this Carlton team to be the Carlton of the past that runs teams back into form. No faken way. Anything less than this attitude and an amped up work rate will result in 0-6. That simple IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Step one.  Hard tag on Jason johannison.   Stop his run and you stop the dogs rebound off half back.

Step 2. Tackle hard at every opportunity.   The doggies are workmanlike.  They will out fight you but they won't out class you.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
here's some extra motivation...

i think we have bulldogs 2nd round pick in this years draft (and Adelaide's).  Bullies have 1 win so far.  We need to pump them and keep them down the bottom.  It would also be nice (but unlikely) for the crows to miss the finals.  wouldn't that be sweet.

go Blues !

Reply #18
Very interesting selection decisions coming up this week.

You'd expect that Phillips should have English easily covered, will the Dogs ruck Boyd, Sandilands pwned them!

I won't be at all surprised to find SpecialK and Kennedy having another week off. If Phillips has pulled up OK he must be given opportunity to continue developing good form and play a full game, we were soundly beaten after half-time, but against Naitanui that has to be expected although I thought Lycett was Wet Toasts better ruckmen on the day and was probably close to BoG after half-time! No rucks for either side played a full performance game last weekend.

I reckon they'll back themselves in to rove to our rucks and ignore the risks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19

You'd expect that Phillips should have English easily covered, will the Dogs ruck Boyd, Sandilands pwned them!

I won't be at all surprised to find SpecialK and Kennedy having another week off. If Phillips has pulled up OK he must be given opportunity to continue developing good form and play a full game, we were soundly beaten after half-time, but against Naitanui that has to be expected although I thought Lycett was Wet Toasts better ruckmen on the day and was probably close to BoG after half-time! No rucks for either side played a full performance game last weekend.

They will bring Lachie Hunter straight back in and he usually racks up 30 plus possies vs us and I reckon they might bring in Jackson Trengove who has recovered from injury and can play down back on our talls as well as pinch hit in the ruck...

Reply #20
They will bring Lachie Hunter straight back in and he usually racks up 30 plus possies vs us and I reckon they might bring in Jackson Trengove who has recovered from injury and can play down back on our talls as well as pinch hit in the ruck...

Trengove has never really been a big factor in games against us, he collects some possessions but isn't damaging. Would they match him up with Mckay?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Trengove has never really been a big factor in games against us, he collects some possessions but isn't damaging. Would they match him up with Mckay?

Trengove is aggressive and throws his weight around and will never be anything more than handy but he has a go and I reckon stiffens up the Dogs a bit who look light on down back.
Reckon he might get Levi.....Hunter is the one that worries me more, gets a lot of the footy and can use it well...
Crozier ex Freo might come in for Dickson.....
We are a big chance IMO and I am hanging out for a win to kickstart the season, lose this and its looking like the bad old days.....

Reply #22

Phillips will only play if Kreuzer is still out. Be worth resting Kreuzer a bit longer.

Reply #23
really need to win this game...

I too hope they rest Kreuzer and Kennedy too if any doubt.

Weiters? Play him in the 2s till he rediscovers his mojo...which he will.

Macreadie for O'Shea?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
Radical suggestion...

Give Kreuzer and Kennedy another week of rest.
Out: O’Shea, Lamb
In: Kerr, Cunningham

Cunningham off half back, Charlie into the guts with Cripps and Ed. Kerr as the third tall. Kerr is a genuine forward and Charlie could do anything with his tank and strength.

Reply #25
Lamb did a couple of selfless acts against West coast. I'd be highlighting them to the group, as a reason why not to drop him and not dropping him for the sake of it.

Let's face facts, right now if you want to drop anyone you can find a reason (excluding a select few) and there is not a wealth of players waiting to get in aside from Cunningham who also has his limitations.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Radical suggestion...

Cunningham off half back, Charlie into the guts with Cripps and Ed. Kerr as the third tall. Kerr is a genuine forward and Charlie could do anything with his tank and strength.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #27
Radical suggestion...

Since when has Cuningham been a  HBF?

News to me. He's a mid/high HF....and has a sniff around goals (thugh Lang earmrked for that role presumably).

Would prefer Macreadie in that role till the troops return.

Cuners can more likely play Lamb's role...but the latter does plenty that doesn't garner stats imo.

Of course, rest K and K if still niggles....no brainer.

BB has often touted Charlie would get mid cameo roles - surprised we haven't seen more of it before.

Kerr allegedly more deserving than Big H of a gig and unlikely to lose much swapping him for SOJ.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #28
Since when has Cuningham been a  HBF?

News to me. He's a mid/high HF....and has a sniff around goals (thugh Lang earmrked for that role presumably).

Cuningham played as a defender in his games this season.  His impact diminished when he was switched to the forward line.

BB has often touted Charlie would get mid cameo roles - surprised we haven't seen more of it before.

Bolts has repeatedly stated that Charlie’s first priority is to learn his craft as a key forward.  He is one of our most effective forwards, despite his inexperience.  Our midfield needs bolstering but we would gain little by weakening our forward line ... and we can’t afford to play blokes who don’t get the footy.

Kerr allegedly more deserving than Big H of a gig and unlikely to lose much swapping him for SOJ.

“Allegedly” is the operative word.  From what I have seen/heard, Harry won his spot on merit but Kerr is building up to challenge for a place in the 22.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
“Allegedly” is the operative word.  From what I have seen/heard, Harry won his spot on merit but Kerr is building up to challenge for a place in the 22.

Where have you seen or heard that?

There was a sh1te load of media calling for him to get a game, but not a single VFL review I've read declared he was ready or even deserving of a spot! Basically at VFL we saw the same as we saw in AFL, small forward like opportunistic goals, not 200cm KPF scores. He was basically playing a Betts role at VFL level!

Interesting, did anyone else notice Daniher roving the back of the goal-square marking contests at the weekend. No wonder they are not happy with him, twice I saw him watching on and roving goal-side of a Stringer or other medium forward contested marking attempt.
The Force Awakens!