Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 34026 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide

We play Adelaide in Adelaide next Saturday night. Things do not bode well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
Get the record books out. well, leave them out anyway.

Reply #2
Out of the country for this one and the next several all the way through to the bye - and I can only see Essendon as beatable in that run and that will depend on which Essendon turns up.  This week could turn very ugly.

Reply #3
Out of the country for this one and the next several all the way through to the bye - and I can only see Essendon as beatable in that run and that will depend on which Essendon turns up.  This week could turn very ugly.

I'll call it now, if we get pumped next week and have a bad loss to the Essendon Bolton is finished.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4
Disagree, Bolton will be coaching Round 23 this year

Reply #5
The major problem afaic is that we don't seem to be able to execute the basic skills of the game to the necessary levels for AFL footy. Couple that with a propensity for taking poor options at critical times and where does that leave us? If you look at it from a 'teacher's' perspecfive, are we trying to teach Shakespeare to people with Grade Prep reading skills? I firmly believe that this is at the root of our problems. Not sure of how to address it, over to the coaching staff I guess.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Good analogy. As Clint Eastwood said, "a man's got to know his limitations". Some of our players don't

Reply #7
I'll call it now, if we get pumped next week and have a bad loss to the Essendon Bolton is finished.

So you reckon after R8 he could be sacked ?

Reply #8
Bolton's here for the year and probably the start of next year.
In many respects his fortunes are tied to those that put him in charge and if he goes he won't be Robinson Crusoe.

The next few weeks could be very difficult but as often happens in these situations don't be surprised by the unexpected result.

Not sure it will be this week :(

Reply #9
As frustrated an p155ed off as I am, we need to keep the course.
We need to have faith i the talent of these kids we have coming through, and believe that with 50 games, they will start shining. Just need to also have faith our coaches aren't fekking them up because the skill level at our club at present is atrocious.

Reply #10
This will certainly be a step into the cauldron and only the brave need to turn up!

However, based on last night I think we need to give Jack and O'Shea at least spells in the NBs. Others here will name more I guess. I don't think Kennedy is fully match fit to say the least - I have been very underwhelmed by him so far and there may be a case for him also to play NBs for a week or two. There are probably a number of other candidates I could name but I would be very concerned about who we have to bring in as replacements.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
This will certainly be a step into the cauldron and only the brave need to turn up!

However, based on last night I think we need to give Jack and O'Shea at least spells in the NBs. Others here will name more I guess. I don't think Kennedy is fully match fit to say the least - I have been very underwhelmed by him so far and there may be a case for him also to play NBs for a week or two. There are probably a number of other candidates I could name but I would be very concerned about who we have to bring in as replacements.

Long term I agree they need a spell, but I think they have to play next week, it'll be a defining moment for them and a tell for our club! They need a game that is clearly their last chance moment, to see if they have anything to offer, anything they can step up to! If they drop SoJ, O'Shea, SPS, Kennedy, Dow, McKay etc., etc., this week they are basically hiding them from scrutiny.

I'd bring Weitering in and drop Simmo, Plowman or Rowe, there is no point subjecting the old heads to scrutiny they have no further improvement to offer, they are known knowns. But we need to see what these "talented kids" can do against the best in a do or die moment! When the team was crap late last season we saw Weitering step up to be one of our better players.

Win or lose, if the kids look like they do not want to be out there, if they fail to lift or shrink under the pressure, it may be time to make a call!

I want to see the kids with a bit of Fisher type spirit!

btw., That "Other" option on the Next Captain thread, for me it's Fisher, if only he was a year or more further progressed! But Cripps and Docherty look like place-holders for Fisher long term!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Yes.

That's a big call mbb. And the coincidental fact that Micky Blue Eyes was also sacked after R8 isn't lost on me.

If that scenario does transpire (I seriously doubt it), then our next coach can plan a long vacation with atomic clock precision - R8, 2021.

Reply #14
re: Simpson... was tagged by Caleb Daniel, and has been tagged the previous two weeks, No Docherty means Simpson is under the pump from other teams each week.
Coach seems oblivious to what other team are doing, we are losing to copycat tactics each week......Bontempelli should have been tagged heavily and wasnt, when he rested forward he needed a direct designated opponent like Marchbank not just left to the closest man..I saw the Bont just push Plowman out of the road like was a bit of paper and outmark him easily.....

I understand what MBB is saying about Bolton but I think we will see him survive this season...there is little in the coaching ranks to replace him and sacking him would also put SOS under pressure being the next head on the block and I dont see the prez doing that to his mate.
I think the assistants might get chopped first and we might get my pet hate the " Director of Coaching" position reinstated first before we get to Bolton....