Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 69284 times) previous topic - next topic

NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Monday, February 24
Carlton v Adelaide
Etihad Stadium 7:10PM
TV: Fox Footy

Don't have Foxtel but wouldn't mind it for this coming match. I really want to see Dylan Buckley take on Eddie Betts so we can see how far he may have come as a player and also in his new role as a small defender.

Need to bring in a few of the big name players too, Crows will be a far more polished opponent than the Kangaroos were. 

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #1
If Dylan can negate Eddie that will be a huge tick and probably cement him In the squad for future challenges like Cyril. I doubt however yet that he has the arsenal to pick him off for 4 quarters. If he fails early days I'd like to see MM give him Yazz or Walker. Wouldn't complain if Robbo was sent in to give him some physicality.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Greg Swan doesn't think Eddie is going to play. Said on 3AW last night that Eddie told Yarran and others he's not playing.

Reply #3
Greg Swan doesn't think Eddie is going to play. Said on 3AW last night that Eddie told Yarran and others he's not playing.

How convenient for him. ::)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4
Makes sense.
He's shown the Crows a few tricks ...they don't need to see anymore before the season starts
and...

Betts v Carlton for the first time is a game that will draw a bit of interest.
It needs a bigger stage than a pre-season game.

Reply #5
Personally if I were the Crows, I would ensure that Betts plays.  Figure out whether or not if we know how to stop him, AND figure out how to prevent that from happening when it really matters.

At the end of the day though it could be negative for them.  We might show everyone how to beat Eddie and that could be disastrous for the Crows.

I expect him to do well this season and next, and that will be it for Eddie though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Hope Thomas and Kreuz get up for this game.
I ll be wondering down after work for a bit of a look.

Reply #7
Personally if I were the Crows, I would ensure that Betts plays.  Figure out whether or not if we know how to stop him, AND figure out how to prevent that from happening when it really matters.

At the end of the day though it could be negative for them.  We might show everyone how to beat Eddie and that could be disastrous for the Crows.

I expect him to do well this season and next, and that will be it for Eddie though.

Well if anyone knows how to stop Eddie it should be us!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8

But if we do, we'd be silly to show it in a meaningless match.

Reply #9
Hope Eddie Plays as it will show us where we are at.

He only performs against lesser teams does Eddie :o
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #10

But if we do, we'd be silly to show it in a meaningless match.

Probably won't even need to worry about him as apparently he's unlikely to be playing this game anyway, from previous posts.

Reply #11
Malthouse in his radio interview initially said that Buckley would take Betts.  He then went on to clarify that Buckley would be one of several defenders who would play on Betts.

Malthouse also said that with the revised NAB format, it is more important that players get as much game time as possible (2 to 3 games) and he doubted whether coaches would rest players.  In that context, it will be interesting to see whether Betts was pulling his former teammates' legs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
@DJC
If he plays great, I'd like to see how a few of our guys go on him tbh.  8)

Reply #13
I hope Eddie plays. I would love to see how our small defenders handle him, especially when they should know how to handle him. I would love t see Buckley get the job.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Eddie will beat up  on Buckley and if I was the Crows I would be hoping that matchup happens.....Eddie is very strong in the body and a good contested mark for his lack of inches and I would be going for a taller mobile defender