Skip to main content
Topic: blues played better footy under ratts (Read 16766 times) previous topic - next topic

blues played better footy under ratts

Dunno about u guys but this boundary footy is crap. We looked much better under ratts taking the game on. Now our brand of footy is crap

Re: blues played better footy under ratts

Reply #1
We need kouta

Reply #2
Considering the list we had under Ratten, it now looks that he did brilliantly. Doesn't mean he was going to get us a flag, as we couldn't recruit for crap then. But it does show just how good the guy was.
Hopefully he will get even better.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Hard to say if Ratts was good, but it's pretty clear MM is over-rated!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
2010 and 2011 is a long time ago now, Saints played in grand final in 2010 and at this very minute there 117 points down at 3 quarter time.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5

Didn't do a bad job. We were in a bottomless pit of sh1t when he took over, had to put up with sh1t recruiting, crap assistant coaches that couldn't develop anyone, and still just miss a PF very unluckily by 3 pts.

Reply #6

Too many factors make it hard to determine who is the best coach with this list which was never going to win a flag with its deficiencies. Ratts probably got the team to perform to its optimum while MM is trying to create a team that can play the type of footy that you need for sustained success. Unfortunately we need some new blood before that can happen.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Didn't do a bad job. We were in a bottomless pit of sh1t when he took over, had to put up with sh1t recruiting, crap assistant coaches that couldn't develop anyone, and still just miss a PF very unluckily by 3 pts.

Perhaps all that tells us is by how far the game had past Pagan by, and old man appointed by old men!

I think Ratt's did OK, not as bad as many make out.

But for me it's clear given his reputation MM has underperformed, I reckon the game has passed him by as well, another old man appointed by old billionaires!

I suspect the Pies knew this, and our club may have been living in the past!

I'm an old man, but I am not so arrogant as to think I can turn the clock back, no amount of money in the world can!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Dunno about u guys but this boundary footy is crap. We looked much better under ratts taking the game on. Now our brand of footy is crap
You know this amazes me. When MM was a the Filth, we marvelled at what he was able to get out of a bunch of spastics to win a flag. He managed to get a very average list to adhere to instructions and give there all. All of a sudden, the game plan is crap, he can't coach, etc etc. I put the blame square on the useless bunch of soft corks that pull the jumper on every week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
You know this amazes me. When MM was a the Filth, we marvelled at what he was able to get out of a bunch of spastics to win a flag. He managed to get a very average list to adhere to instructions and give there all. All of a sudden, the game plan is crap, he can't coach, etc etc. I put the blame square on the useless bunch of soft corks that pull the jumper on every week.

But you don't blame him for not being able to "get a very average list to adhere to instructions and give there all"  ::)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #10

But you don't blame him for not being able to "get a very average list to adhere to instructions and give there all"  ::)
No
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11

Well Roos is doing well with arguably a squad worse than ours. Difference is the players are prepared to work hard and as a unit.

Reply #12

Well Roos is doing well with arguably a squad worse than ours. Difference is the players are prepared to work hard and as a unit.
BANG!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13

Is it? Or is Roos just a better coach with more innovation and not past his use by date. None of us know.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14

Is it? Or is Roos just a better coach with more innovation and not past his use by date. None of us know.
BANG! and able to get the players "to work hard and as a unit".
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........