Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 72324 times) previous topic - next topic

2014 World Cup.

OK.  Here we go.  Another 4 years has passed.  Another World Cup about to begin.

Looking forward to seeing how  a youthful Socceroos outfit  preforms against some top quality sides in Spain, Holland and Chile.     Most are predicting we will get smashed, but you just never know. 

Key Dates:  

Group B

13 June 2014: Spain v Holland, Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador, 20:00

13 June 2014: Chile v Australia, Arena Pantanal, Cuiabá, 23:00

18 June 2014: Spain v Chile, Estádio do Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro, 20:00

18 June 2014: Australia v Holland, Estádio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre, 17:00

23 June 2014: Australia v Spain, Arena da Baixada, Curitiba, 17:00

23 June 2014: Holland v Chile, Arena de São Paulo, São Paulo, 17:00

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #1
Waiting for someone to do one of these.

Aussies look in dire straights.

Greeks have a decent chance of progressing with Colombia, Japan and Ivory Coast.

Some amazing groups, Italy/England/Uruguay and can't believe Portugal plays Germany in their first game. To top it all off I go on 12 weeks paid paternity leave from June 10! Bring it on baby!! :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Aussies  will most likely struggle,  but think most fans not expecting much seeing as though such a young squad. Should have played the kids 4 years ago.  I like Ange's mantra though, so i twill be interesting to see them play against football powerhouses. 

Reply #3
I wonder if any player can beat rivaldos dive for pretend foul of the century

Reply #4
Was that the one vs Turkey?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Yep, thats the one carrots.

Not feeling great about my teams prospects at this one.

Portugal best chance as always (the wife is portugese).  Aussies will be surprisingly better than expected but wont do much, and im anticipating a Greek default...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Haha funny I'm a big Ronaldo fan so I too will be following Portugal once the Greeks get knocked out!

I'm trying to stay positive about Greece, the beauty about Greek football is we will know after 10 minutes how we will fare in the tournament. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Pity Malta did not qualify.  ;D 

Reply #8

Greeks have a decent chance of progressing with Colombia, Japan and Ivory Coast.

Some amazing groups, Italy/England/Uruguay and can't believe Portugal plays Germany in their first game. To top it all off I go on 12 weeks paid paternity leave from June 10! Bring it on baby!! :D

You've mentioned that before Carrots... how the hell did you get 12 weeks of paternity leave?

Reply #9
Well I work at GE. They offer it provided I become the primary carer of my youngest prior to him turning one year old. So since my wife is going back to work on June 10 I'm a collecting baby! Yeah! Giddyup! Not going to be easy  with two kids but far from the daily pain in the ass that is work.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
I'm impressed PI2C... got two little ones myself. After a couple of days looking after them i look forward to work!

Reply #11
I'm impressed PI2C... got two little ones myself. After a couple of days looking after them i look forward to work!

You must have a better job than me!

TBH it's a great chance to bond with my youngest who I haven't spent too much time with so with the World Cup it's good times for 12 weeks. ;)

Still can't get over some of these first up games. England vs Italy. Portugal vs Germany. Spain vs Netherlands. FFS. This is like some epic dream.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12

Now there is some really good forward planning!! :P

The Aussies chances don't look great, a surprise or 2 would be nice !!!

Portugal would be my next team of choice, I may have some better luck with them...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #13
Probably one of the most wide open world cups I can remember even though ive only been alive for 6 or 7 and thus should be very entertaining. For mine there is no clear cut favourite this time despite what anyone says.

There is nothing like the World Cup frenzy every 4 years cant wait!

Reply #14
Nothing like a bit of World Cup drama. Pure theatre.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!