Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 64500 times) previous topic - next topic

Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

St. Kilda slid to an ignominious defeat while we came back hard at the Drug Cheats. Very interesting to see how we go next week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #1
Fairly confident we will win this.

Reply #2
Mick has plenty of experience coaching on Anzac Day, if he can't get the boys up for this one we are in big trouble.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Not feeling confident about this game.  We turnover the ball too frequently currently and often do it in transition from defense to offence so that we become easy to score against on the turnover.

Yarran out, Gibbs possibly missing with a high bump, and it could spell trouble.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
St Kilda move the ball quickly and could run us out of legs in the second half of the game next week. They are not a great side by any measure. However they love to move the ball quickly. If we win it will probably be a very close game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
We need to keep it close in the first half and hopefully the Saints will tire in the second half as they did on Friday. If we don't pay 'em attention they can score quickly.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Not feeling confident about this game.  We turnover the ball too frequently currently and often do it in transition from defense to offence so that we become easy to score against on the turnover.

Yarran out, Gibbs possibly missing with a high bump, and it could spell trouble.

Wow didn't think about that. We need to win this or risk being labeled the basketcase of the AFL.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Bit of a 'danger game' for us this week.

Should win, but a couple of big outs via the tribunal.
Playing in a different country for the first time ever.
Playing on a new ground for the first time ever which brings with it its own challenges, different dimensions, different winds, different turf. Saints will have a distinct home ground advantage.

Could be getting a well rested Nick Riewoldt back as well.

Reply #8
Bit of a 'danger game' for us this week.

Should win, but a couple of big outs via the tribunal.
Playing in a different country for the first time ever.
Playing on a new ground for the first time ever which brings with it its own challenges, different dimensions, different winds, different turf. Saints will have a distinct home ground advantage.

Could be getting a well rested Nick Riewoldt back as well.

Bit of a danger game  ;D. That's funny.

Putting all the spin aside we lose again next week we are not a bottom 4 team but a bottom 2 team. End of story.

Enough of the excuses - 3 weeks ago the majority of us on here thought we would be a mid table team at worse.

Now we are finding reasons why we might lose to the clear favorite to win the spoon this year  :-\

Look what we have become.

Reply #9
St Kilda move the ball quickly and could run us out of legs in the second half of the game next week. They are not a great side by any measure. However they love to move the ball quickly. If we win it will probably be a very close game.

Agree....think the Saints best chance is their pace and quick movement and to catch us on the rebound, I expect us to win the clearances but its all about our ball use into the
forward line..I'll have a punt and say that Jones will kick 4-5  this week and we will win in a close one by about 10 points.
Prefer if Reiwoldt didnt play......but I think with the injection of our own youth in Whiley, Boekhorst, Graham and perhaps Buckley in line for a game coupled with the classy Cripps, promising Byrne
and some steady older players we can get over the line...

Reply #10
Footy NZ must be in a state of breathless anticipation with the thought of these two footballing juggernauts coming to town.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11

Footy NZ must be in a state of breathless anticipation with the thought of these two footballing juggernauts coming to town.

:))

The two ragged asses of the league banished to the outer reaches of the AFL empire.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12

Bit of a danger game  ;D. That's funny.

Putting all the spin aside we lose again next week we are not a bottom 4 team but a bottom 2 team. End of story.

Enough of the excuses - 3 weeks ago the majority of us on here thought we would be a mid table team at worse.

Now we are finding reasons why we might lose to the clear favorite to win the spoon this year  :-\

Look what we have become.
You do have a point, Shawny. I know I thought we were a reasonable chance to be nearer the Eight. But at the moment I fear any team. Even now that we are 'favourites'.
I can only hope that the occasion will bring out our best, instead of our worst.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Yarran and Gibbs will miss a trip across the ditch due to suspension. We don't need to play all of Ellard, Carrazzo, Curnow etc...so we keep Carrazzo. We bring in outside speed, Buckley, Beokhurst as we lack run big time. Hopefully Menzel is fit. If he fit I'd play Menzel, Walker and Cripps, who has marking forward written all over him despite being a mid, all up forward with Hendo, showed some form yesterday, and Casboult, our 2nd ruck. Surely adds something to the forward line. Jones out, prefer the other guys forward, Whiley in doing Cripps' job. Jaksch back in to shore up the defence.

Reckon we have so decent players but we're playing the wrong one's with the wrong structure. If we're going to rebuild do the bloody job properly.

Reply #14
Yarran and Gibbs will miss a trip across the ditch due to suspension. We don't need to play all of Ellard, Carrazzo, Curnow etc...so we keep Carrazzo. We bring in outside speed, Buckley, Beokhurst as we lack run big time. Hopefully Menzel is fit. If he fit I'd play Menzel, Walker and Cripps, who has marking forward written all over him despite being a mid, all up forward with Hendo, showed some form yesterday, and Casboult, our 2nd ruck. Surely adds something to the forward line. Jones out, prefer the other guys forward, Whiley in doing Cripps' job. Jaksch back in to shore up the defence.

Reckon we have so decent players but we're playing the wrong one's with the wrong structure. If we're going to rebuild do the bloody job properly.

I would leave Cripps in the middle were he is doing well extracting the footy...he also isnt a great converter at this stage of his career and his kicking needs work.
Look I know people want to drop Jones and I understand why but this week in the one where he will get a undersized opponent given the Saints really only have two tall defenders
in Delaney and Fisher unless they play Bruce back. I think he can beat up on the likes of Roberton or Shenton etc if we can get the ball to him and this could be his week....