Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle (Read 53652 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

I'll fix up the name of the thread when the game is done is dusted. I'm hoping for a party.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party/Pulmonary: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #1
Yes, the sort of party favoured by Stalinists and hard core Communists following the fall of the Berlin wall. 

Reply #2
You got your wish crash.

Reply #3
How screwing good was that :))

Reply #5
More to come, but Byrne is a keeper, Wright was tough, Jones did his bit and the captain wasn't bad with 12 staples in his head!!!

Reply #6
Always take the 4 points, but that was bloody awful. It's like they'd never played football in their lives.

Reply #7
Always take the 4 points, but that was bloody awful. It's like they'd never played football in their lives.
Skills may be ordinary (to be generous), but to get over the line against a team like Freo in Perth! Wunderbar!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
How stupid would Taverner feel right now?  Trying to mark a ball that was within a cm of being a Freo goal ended up being the difference.  According to the commentators, he lost Freo a final by doing the same.

Reply #9
Skills may be ordinary (to be generous), but to get over the line against a team like Freo in Perth! Wunderbar!

Really ? There were skills ? Where ?

Reply #10
That's possibly the worst game of football I've ever seen, we have played horribly, and somehow won!

Amazing stuff.

You would have sworn the game was played in a monsoon.

Plenty of heart and guts in the performance, not a lot of skill.

Stand out for me was Byrne... made one howler, but he can play.

Re: Rd 5: Post Game Party!: Carlton vs. Fremantle

Reply #11
In a battle of losers we just lost by less. But for now we're not bottom of the ladder and talk of a winless season is gone.

I will never knock Liam Jones again..... for the next week or so.

Reply #12
Have there ever been that many players in the middle for a Gatorade shower ;D

Reply #13
That'll keep the wolves from the door for a while.  If we were winless going into the Rd 6 match against the drug cheats, the pressure and doubts would have been at a dangerous level.

Reply #14
Really ? There were skills ? Where ?

It's one of the worst games of football I've ever seen.  Frankly thought that's an indictment on Freo who have completely collapsed. Fyfe goes off and their done.

To the boys credit they put in for four quarters. They were intense and never, ever put their heads down.  Skills aside that's what I've been looking for!