Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Purgatory: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 33879 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 12: Post Game Purgatory: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Change computers an try again.
I've tried starting this thread 3 time now, to have the 'net drop out each time. So, here we go again!

I really want to win this. St Kilda's attitude needs adjustment. As I will be there, I am hoping for the correct result.
I'll edit the Title when I get home after the game.

I'm home and I think the title fits well. :(
Not impressed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 12: Post Game ________: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #1
One of those games you have when you're a struggling side trying to improve.
At least the boys kept at it until the bell but it's best to put that one behind us and look forward.
Gorringe might make a forward one day but he won't be a ruckman.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #2
At least the boys kept at it until the bell but it's best to put that one behind us and look forward.

Wouldnt totally blame Gorringe in the ruck...Kruezer wasnt great either and Hickey smashed us...I couldnt understand why Stevens was allowed to run onto Hickey taps with no one in front of him, just a clear path ahead.?

Reply #3

Phillips will be back for the next game. Be interesting to see if Gorringe gets dropped or gets a game up forward. Everitt nor Walker were great today so I guess the question will be asked at MC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Hope we are as aggressive at the trade table as we were last year, that was just poo.

Gibbs back to his old tricks again, 0 tackles
Gorringe was stinky
Cas and 1AW kicked 3 each so they only just get a reprieve, just
Everitt was stinky

Geez we frigg around the pill a lot, 416 touches to 354

they beat us 70 tackles to 43, stinky

i50's 64-48 in their favour

Because we screw around with the ball a $h1tload all the boys stats look good, but i'm really going to struggle handing out votes after that display of insipidness

Reply #5
A real reality check that one.

Wont hurt us I reckon. Got to expect a bit of that in our situation. Half a season into a 4-5 year rebuild.

Wont do any harm at all. It wasn't a real thrashing after all.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #6
The usual melts coming from the usual people.

Sack him, delist him, get the big name, we'll never be anything with .......... in the side.

Phillips plays today instead of yesterday and it's  a different game.

Team looked flat, need more speed around the footy, no ruck.

It's year 1.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7
Phillips will be back for the next game. Be interesting to see if Gorringe gets dropped or gets a game up forward. Everitt nor Walker were great today so I guess the question will be asked at MC.

Next game is GWS...Mumford is the big solid type that Kruezer doesnt like playing on so I reckon you can back it in that Philips will play and Gorringe will be out...
In fact GWS are a more quality skilfull version of Stkilda....pace, precision kicking and will have more firepower down forward.

Reply #8
Gorringe is not a ruckman.  If we keep him in the side, he needs to play forward.

Personally, I'd be dropping White, Everitt and Gorringe.  I'd bring in Phillips, KJ - because if you're going to give him a game it might as well be against his old side - and Murphy.  And if Murphy isn't fit, then I'd play Gorringe but as permanent forward.

The problem though was that we looked exhausted.  Didn't want to run, didn't want to pressure and our tackling was insipid.  Their speed cut us up, Stevens had his own ball.

Krooz looked like a man who needed a rest.

Reply #9
I thought Plowman was fantastic.  Tried all day.

Reply #10
Next game is GWS...Mumford is the big solid type that Kruezer doesnt like playing on so I reckon you can back it in that Philips will play and Gorringe will be out...
In fact GWS are a more quality skilfull version of Stkilda....pace, precision kicking and will have more firepower down forward.

Yes, if we let them run it will be a deeestroyation. 

Reply #11
Kreuzer is no good when he shares the ruck duties, stars when he does it on his own most of the day. Been the same for a long time. Ruck/rover type ruckman that needs to stay on the ball. Hence rather one ruckman so we can bring other type of players in, like Jaksch and Silvagni, who continue to kick lots of goals in the VFL. Be nice to bring Phillips in, given his form, but not sure if it helps us overall if it hurts Krezuer's game.

Reply #12
The usual melts coming from the usual people. Yep

Sack him, delist him, get the big name, we'll never be anything with .......... in the side. Need to go back to basics, like working as a team

Phillips plays today instead of yesterday and it's  a different game. Sorry but cant see how Phillips would've been any better, hickey mashed us, and we werent defensive side of steven, gave them no respect and we was pantsed

Team looked flat, need more speed around the footy, no ruck. team looked $h1t, need more Murphy around the footy, no Gorringe

It's year 1. You're reasoning is unassailable it is year 1, thanks for pointing that out. I feel so much better knowing its year 1

Reply #13

Phillips plays today and we get 4 goals closer, might not have won though. Their ruck knew he only had to put it to the advantage or outside and we couldn't touch them for speed.

Simple as that.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #14
At least the NB's had a big win, maybe some of those boys might come in and play like they actually give a crap