Skip to main content
Topic: JLT game 3 (Read 58647 times) previous topic - next topic

JLT game 3

The squad for the third JLT game has been named with three players to drop out before the game:

1  – Jack Silvagni
3 – Marc Murphy
4 – Bryce Gibbs
6 – Kade Simpson
8 – Matthew Kreuzer
9 – Patrick Cripps
10 – Harry McKay
11 – Sam Kerridge
13 – Jed Lamb
15 – Sam Docherty
16 – Billie Smedts
17 – Sam Rowe
20 – Lachie Plowman
22 – Caleb Marchbank
23 – Jacob Weitering
24 – Rhys Palmer
26 – Harrison Macreadie
27 – Dennis Armfield
28 – David Cuningham
29 – Cameron Polson
33 – Jarrod Pickett
35 – Edward Curnow
39 – Dale Thomas
41 – Levi Casboult
43 – Simon White
44 – Alex Silvagni
46 – Matthew Wright

Buckley and Charlie Curnow are unavailable because of injury and SPS will return through the NBs.

It seems that Harry McKay, Harrison Macreadie, Cameron Polson, Jarrod Pickett and Alex Silvagni are in contention for round 1 (Marchbank is a lock).  Liam Sumner is on the outer (did he have a full pre-season?) and we're persevering with Daisy  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: JLT game 3

Reply #1
The squad for the third JLT game has been named with three players to drop out before the game:

1  – Jack Silvagni
3 – Marc Murphy
4 – Bryce Gibbs
6 – Kade Simpson
8 – Matthew Kreuzer
9 – Patrick Cripps
10 – Harry McKay
11 – Sam Kerridge
13 – Jed Lamb
15 – Sam Docherty
16 – Billie Smedts
17 – Sam Rowe
20 – Lachie Plowman
22 – Caleb Marchbank
23 – Jacob Weitering
24 – Rhys Palmer
26 – Harrison Macreadie
27 – Dennis Armfield
28 – David Cuningham
29 – Cameron Polson
33 – Jarrod Pickett
35 – Edward Curnow
39 – Dale Thomas
41 – Levi Casboult
43 – Simon White
44 – Alex Silvagni
46 – Matthew Wright

Buckley and Charlie Curnow are unavailable because of injury and SPS will return through the NBs.

It seems that Harry McKay, Harrison Macreadie, Cameron Polson, Jarrod Pickett and Alex Silvagni are in contention for round 1 (Marchbank is a lock).  Liam Sumner is on the outer (did he have a full pre-season?) and we're persevering with Daisy  ::)

Sumner was injured early in the NBs game on Saturday last.

Doesn't look good for Boekhorst or Graham. Hope Alex Silvagni plays.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Hope Alex Silvagni plays.

So do i....partially because i want to see everyone complain when he isn't up to the standard they'd pumped him up to be in their own minds.

People have already jumped off Smedts and Palmer. Might as well add another one to the list.  ::)

Reply #3
Sumner was injured early in the NBs game on Saturday last.

Doesn't look good for Boekhorst or Graham. Hope Alex Silvagni plays.

Bad luck for the lad!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
So do i....partially because i want to see everyone complain when he isn't up to the standard they'd pumped him up to be in their own minds.

People have already jumped off Smedts and Palmer. Might as well add another one to the list.  ::)
Surely he can hold down a spot in the backline to release Jacob Weitering to play more time forward this week :o  :o :o

Reply #5
Surely he can hold down a spot in the backline to release Jacob Weitering to play more time forward this week :o  :o :o

Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank can hold down the backline. Weitering can play forward then.

We don't need A. Silvagni.

Bolton did say that he will play Weitering at both ends

Reply #6

I was never on Smedts and Palmer.....Alex Silvagni will play Round 1 IMO and I reckon Weitering and Rowe might do some interchanging down forward as part of that plan...
I expect the three imports above to deliver reasonable results at times but nothing special....

Reply #7
I was never on Smedts and Palmer.....Alex Silvagni will play Round 1 IMO and I reckon Weitering and Rowe might do some interchanging down forward as part of that plan...
I expect the three imports above to deliver reasonable results at times but nothing special....

I'm not convinced that Alex Silvagni will be upgraded.  He provides insurance against one of our injury prone players going down and, touch wood, they're holding up so far.

Smedts and Palmer aren't champions but they're serviceable.  I'd have both well ahead of Thomas, Boekhorst, Buckley and Graham - unfortunately.

Reply #8
I'm not convinced that Alex Silvagni will be upgraded.  He provides insurance against one of our injury prone players going down and, touch wood, they're holding up so far.

Smedts and Palmer aren't champions but they're serviceable.  I'd have both well ahead of Thomas, Boekhorst, Buckley and Graham - unfortunately.

Yep that quartet are in their last season at Carlton unless there is some divine intervention....

Reply #9
Smedts and Palmer are stop gaps only. They will get games while the youngsters develop and are probably better options than some who went last year and who will go this year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10

I don't get this  :-\

While I may disagree with aspects of the club's list management from time to time, every player on our list has my full support even if their success shows that my football judgement is awry.

Alex Silvagni, Smedts and Palmer were added to our list for a reason and, from what I've seen of the latter two, they've met expectations.  I'd prefer to see Alex play out the season in the NBs but, if needed, he'll do his job.

Reply #11

While I may disagree with aspects of the club's list management from time to time, every player on our list has my full support even if their success shows that my football judgement is awry.

Alex Silvagni, Smedts and Palmer were added to our list for a reason and, from what I've seen of the latter two, they've met expectations.  I'd prefer to see Alex play out the season in the NBs but, if needed, he'll do his job.

Bingo.

Reply #12
Alex Silvagni will be a good inclusion and contribute his part and steady the youngsters, down back.
He'll suprise a few and should play round 1.

Reply #13
Alex Silvagni will be a good inclusion and contribute his part and steady the youngsters, down back.
He'll suprise a few and should play round 1.

Here's hoping  :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #14

Let me elaborate.

Right now, Alex Silvagni is a bright new shiny toy in an unopened box. Our imaginations are running wild with all his tricks of the trade. We've all read about what he CAN do. Since he is still in his box, we are yet to find out what he cannot do.

He will remain as 'the great white hope' (as our other recruits were - in which most automatically made our best 22) and will be called for as an in each and every week we lose as a fix.
Then, finally we take him out of the box and play him. Then we see him for who he is, warts and all. Maybe he does ok, maybe not. But i doubt he'll be able to live up to everyones expectations of him.

The sooner we take him out of the box, the sooner we can see he's just 'malibu stacy with a new hat' and we can move on.

Not following??
See Jaksch in 2016.