2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Jumper Numbers

Reply #3
Jordan Russell 116 games.............that surprises me.

Reply #5
Jordan Russell 116 games.............that surprises me.

It shouldn't he was a pretty key member of our team from the mid noughties until we got Nick Duigan onboard.

In fact, he is one player who made me convinced that under our previous coaching team our players were not learning enough to do the job.

Russell had AFL level qualities, and when he was on song played really good standard footy and I feel as though his issues surrounded a lack of instruction on what the expectations of him were and no real defined role in the team.

As a result, his failings were highlighted far too often (decision making ability) which often resulted in a lack of faith in his ability to play his role for the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhtCicx1S_A

He runs down quite a few good players in this clip as well as getting forward to kick goals.  Good size, good ability to read the play.  Won the Western Bulldogs VFL B+F in their premiership year as well, which highlights just how good he could be.  You have to ask how on earth he ended up the way he did with the lack of guidance provided to him, and his demise coincided with Ratten's sacking in a way that is not lost on me.  Particularly the fact that he went from really good to completely out of favour in a 12 week period which intrigued me and I never really understood.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Russell had AFL level qualities, and when he was on song played really good standard footy and I feel as though his issues surrounded a lack of instruction on what the expectations of him were and no real defined role in the team.

At his best, Russell was a damn good footballer.  He was runner up to Juddy for the John Nicholls Medal in 2010.

He had hip problems in 2011 and, if I remember correctly, there were other issues.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
From memory he just didn't get as much of the ball when we threw Yarran back there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8

Will be great to see the #7 on Kennedy's back - if he's half as good as Ratten or Johnston, we've done well.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #10
You reckon Kreuzer only has 1 season left in him?

If he can maintain the form and fitness of 2017, Kreuzer could have several seasons of damn good footy to come.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I remember seeing Russell play for us against Port one night at Etihad quite a few years ago now and early in his career. He was magnificent, probably the best game he ever played.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
I remember seeing Russell play for us against Port one night at Etihad quite a few years ago now and early in his career. He was magnificent, probably the best game he ever played.
Noof was a very handy footballer, had some confidence issues early got over those and developed into a solid contributor. Seemed to be the whipping boy for a long time and was blamed for everything including the troubles in the middle east. The Club should have held onto him IMO, he was extremely upset when they let him go, loved the club and his team mates. A nicer more polite bloke you will not meet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
Noof was a very handy footballer, had some confidence issues early got over those and developed into a solid contributor. Seemed to be the whipping boy for a long time and was blamed for everything including the troubles in the middle east. The Club should have held onto him IMO, he was extremely upset when they let him go, loved the club and his team mates. A nicer more polite bloke you will not meet.

Yes, got a raw deal, no question.
Finals, then 4 in a row!