Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown at Wili (Read 3069 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown at Wili

Set down for 1400 at Willi, just when the seniors are on at the MCG. Not optimal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown at Wili

Reply #1
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
On paper the team does not look bad. Our rucks stocks for this game have improved with Phillips being available while Kennedy adds depth and strength to the midfield in the mud at Willi.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Give the firsts a run for their money ;)

Reply #4
I do note with disappointment that Marchbank was not selected. That is a disappointment, as it would also give him a chance to find some real form.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Kennedy and SOS had good ones. SOS kicked 3, not bad seeing we kicked all of 5 for the whole game, and was our best player. Midfield might suit him. Not sure what Kennedy ended up with but had 22 touches at 3/4 time then kicked the first goal of the last qtr.

Reply #6
Kennedy and SOS had good ones. SOS kicked 3, not bad seeing we kicked all of 5 for the whole game, and was our best player. Midfield might suit him. Not sure what Kennedy ended up with but had 22 touches at 3/4 time then kicked the first goal of the last qtr.

Kennedy 30, Weitering 22, JSOS 21

Reply #7
I do note with disappointment that Marchbank was not selected. That is a disappointment, as it would also give him a chance to find some real form.

I’m kind of glad they’re giving him plenty of time to get his ankle right. Our second half of the season with a fit Marchbank, Murphy, Williamson and maybe Pickett is going to be a lot better I think.

Reply #8
I’m kind of glad they’re giving him plenty of time to get his ankle right. Our second half of the season with a fit Marchbank, Murphy, Williamson and maybe Pickett is going to be a lot better I think.
Not to mention Weitering who should be back next week.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #9
Will we be better? I think so but, if we were to get a few wins in the mean time with the current group, we will get some continuity. Would that continuity be broken when you start bringing in players? Dunno. Anyway small steps, lets try for a few wins in a row first.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
Better players for NBs were the ones you wanted.... Weeters, Polson, Phillips,  JSOS, Kennedy etc
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
Better players for NBs were the ones you wanted.... Weeters, Polson, Phillips,  JSOS, Kennedy etc
Great news
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
Ben Cavarra of Willy is a small but very smart FP,  staggered he hasnt been rookied by somebody.   Has AFL level nous.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13

Good to hear. Hopefully Weiters will get his mojo back and Jack will emerge as on of those coal face players we need!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Williamstown   6.3-39   8.3-51   12.6-78   12.6-78
Northern Blues   1.1-7   1.1-7   2.1-13   5.4-34

I'm not really happy at the idea of losing, but the improvement in the 2nd half is something to work on.

ORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: J. Silvagni 3, M. Kennedy, A. Phillips
Best Players: J. Silvagni, C. Polson, M. Kennedy, S. Fisher, J. Weitering, J. Palmer

WILLIAMSTOWN
Goal Kickers: S. Dunell 5, J. Thorpe 2, B. Cavarra 2, T. Schnerring, L. Schultz, J. Dorgan
Best Players: B. Jolley, P. Faulks, S. Dunell, B. Bewley, L. Schultz, M. Gibbons

I was hoping, with 3 ruckmen to our name, that we would control the centre. That does not seem to be the case, although the form of Polson, Kennedy and Silvagni suggests we were not dreadful there.

That Dunell kicked 5 goals is very disappointing.
Live Long and Prosper!