Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 32865 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #195
  Essendon’s Mark Baguley sledged Carlton’s Jed Lamb on Saturday about his father, who was murdered when Lamb was six years of age.

That sledge ignited the melee between the two at three-quarter-time, which saw Lamb receive a $1500 fine from the MRO for striking his Essendon opponent.

The Herald Sun believe Lamb notified Carlton officials about Baguley’s insensitive sledge, and told the club he repeatedly told Baguley not to speak about his father.

Baguley has reported told Essendon club officials he wasn’t aware of Lamb’s father’s passing, and tried to apologise at three quarter time.

“I’m aware of an issue from Saturday’s game,” Carlton CEO Cain Little told the Herald Sun on Tuesday.

Lamb is one of eight children, and spoke to the Herald Sun about his father’s passing at length at the impact it had on his life when he was first drafted
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #196
Which yet again proves my point that players are either unable or unwilling to follow the supposed gentlemen's agreements in place.

Reply #197
Lets not get two separate issues confused here;

We know where that CheatsFC got it's sick culture!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #198
It is covered in the rules the game.
(b)pushes an opposition Player in the back, unless such contact
is incidental to a Marking contest and the Player is legitimately
Marking, attempting to Mark or spoil the football;

Geez this stuff has come back into the game a lot.
In general play, and not in a marking contest it seem's like you can push anyone under the ball or past the ball these days

Reply #199
The Sheedy virus... making death threats to WCE players when the bumber's player was taken out in the marking contest by a team mate.

Look up  flog in the Dictionary and there's a picture of hum.  Ignore him, he's irrelevant.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #200
Went to a sportsman's night a few years back now where a very famous CFC personality - club legend in fact - was speaking. Not all present were Blues supporters. Someone asked him about Sheedy and his response was somewhat colourful - no love lost there at all. In fact one of his favourite memories of his time in the game was dumping Sheedy on his a-rse.  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #201
And people wonder why I hate them so much! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #202
Went to a sportsman's night a few years back now where a very famous CFC personality - club legend in fact - was speaking. Not all present were Blues supporters. Someone asked him about Sheedy and his response was somewhat colourful - no love lost there at all. In fact one of his favourite memories of his time in the game was dumping Sheedy on his a-rse.  :))

Sounds like Robert Walls. Those two have never got on.

Reply #203
Sounds like Robert Walls. Those two have never got on.

:)
It was a very good night.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #205
IMO Mark Harvey is disabling things behind the scenes at the Scum..

Wants to be the next coach.
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #206
The Sheedy virus... making death threats to WCE players when the bumber's player was taken out in the marking contest by a team mate.

Look up  flog in the Dictionary and there's a picture of hum.  Ignore him, he's irrelevant.

I thought it was a picture of Goddard? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #207
Apparently it was during the same incident that Charlie made the umpire contact, so umpires must have overheard Baguley, the umpires were right on the spot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #208
Kruddler was on about this earlier in the season and I've come around to agreeing with him.

Jones and Rowe were the right combination for Essendon.
Weitering only plays in the backline if the match-up is a better option.

The problem is Weitering is too good a player to be playing VFL.
He doesn't play the Rowe role...it has to be the Jones one.
While Jones performs we have to find another role for Weitering...rotation off the bench for Jones, wing....or as Barbs suggests maybe the Plowman one.

Eventually both Jones and Rowe will be gone and that's when Weitering steps in... but it might be a few years down the track.
The other option is Weitering becomes a "gold plated" trade option

Let's not forget Weitering has struggled at senior level this year.

Was on about it before Round 1. Its taken until Round 8 for people to start to agree with me.

I've stated repeatedly that i have nothing against Weitering, although some seem to not believe that, and it is simply about what is best for the team on any given day.

I've also said Weitering can and will dominate at VFL level.

For the record, i don't want to trade Weitering. If he is nothing but #1 backup, he is still the best #1 backup in the league. You will always need depth.
If he can somehow fix his weaknesses, or have a different role created for him, then so be it.

But simply playing him because he is a former #1 pick with talent CAN actually hurt your chances of winning, and i think we've seen that a few times this year.

People need to check their emotions at the door when evaluating this type of thing, which i know is easier for some.