Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 24727 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood

The next round has us playing the ancient enemy, the Meat Pies, at the MCG On a Sunday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
So if you're writing the script for this....

We get absolutely panned all week for yesterdays effort.
We go into this game switched on and (only)lose by about four goals.
Folks are content with that and a bit of pressure disappears.

Wouldn't mind seeing De Koning getting a run....maybe in place of Kerr who probably needs to go back and build on what he's picked up in the seniors.

Reply #2
Another pathetic effort like the first half against Freo simply won't fly against the old enemy.

Pressure will reach the highest ever level during Boltons tenure.

We don't like losing against Collingwood.

Reply #3
Kennedy in for Graham/Lamb/Take Your Pick will probably be the only change if the report I got from Punt Road today was accurate.
Some very lucky boys will keep their spots simply because we don't have anyone better.
It's getting hard to see us winning another game, Gold Coast is probably our best shot at it but I can't see it being Collingwood.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #4
Wouldn't mind seeing De Koning getting a run....maybe in place of Kerr who probably needs to go back and build on what he's picked up in the seniors.

Yes I think he’s worth a try but I’d do something unconventional. Drop Graham, play Charlie through the mid field (give him some freedom to get into the game) and play DeKoning up forward. Need to persevere with Kerr. He moves like a forward and only lost confidence when he burnt Kruezer just before half time. Let’s get bold. 

Reply #5
Yes I think he’s worth a try but I’d do something unconventional. Drop Graham, play Charlie through the mid field (give him some freedom to get into the game) and play DeKoning up forward. Need to persevere with Kerr. He moves like a forward and only lost confidence when he burnt Kruezer just before half time. Let’s get bold.

Yep.... the only reason I'd suggest Kerr goes back for a week or two is the confidence factor.
...and if it's explained to him that way I think he'd probably be fine.
I suspect he'd be a lot better at the VFL level after the senior experience and may score a bag or two.

Reply #6
Carlton skipper Marc Murphy says he just met with his manager and wants to stay at the club and lead the Blues out of trouble. @tennewsmelb

We're very lucky to have him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Thus flipping John Walf the bird in the politest manner possible.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
Got the young fella making his debut on the MCG at half time.

Hope we can put in a good/less bad showing for him...but I'm fearful we can't/won't - pies aren't a bad side.

Reply #9
Carlton skipper Marc Murphy says he just met with his manager and wants to stay at the club and lead the Blues out of trouble. @tennewsmelb

Is this confirmed?

Reply #11
Kennedy in for Graham/Lamb/Take Your Pick will probably be the only change if the report I got from Punt Road today was accurate.
Some very lucky boys will keep their spots simply because we don't have anyone better.
It's getting hard to see us winning another game, Gold Coast is probably our best shot at it but I can't see it being Collingwood.
That is disappointing, but the seconds are just not producing. I'm not overly surprised that some of the guys coming back from injury may not have been match fit, but there isn't a lot else at the moment.
It might be different in another couple of weeks: It damned well better!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12

If true:
- never a doubt in my mind confirmed.
- he is true blue and committed to the plan.
- my estimate of him as a man and leader went up another notch.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
Just be careful with this news regarding Murphy...lots of conflicting info floating around at present.

Reply #14
Just be careful with this news regarding Murphy...lots of conflicting info floating around at present.

Gibbs wasn't going until the day he did.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!