Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 32871 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #210
Phillips is only a first ruck as he can't doing anything forward. Means he's a back-up hence will find it tough to get back in bar injury.
Pretty sure he won us a game against the bombers a couple years ago by taking a big mark inside 50 and converting late in the last quarter.

He also took mark of the week against Melbourne after a big pack mark over Levi and Jones (and Dees).

He is underrated.

Reply #211
Don't worry ...it wont last long ;D

Probably not.

But people will try and 'prove me wrong' next time Weitering plays and does well. At the same time missing the point of the initial comments.  ::)

Reply #212
Lets not get two separate issues confused here;

We know where that CheatsFC got it's sick culture!

Sheedy was/is a hypocrite, didnt mind his own players taking out opposition players and actively played certain players for that reason only...

Reply #213
Probably not.

But people will try and 'prove me wrong' next time Weitering plays and does well. At the same time missing the point of the initial comments.  ::)

At the moment Jones and Rowe are working very well together and in fact complementing one another
It's a good balance
Your point is valid while that combination continues to perform well and Weitering must give way to team balance on occasions.
...until he becomes a better option.

I guess some of us came unstuck earlier in the year because we saw Weitering appearing to overcome his second year blues late last year and return to some form.
I was certainly looking forward to him having a good season, but for the first couple of games of the year he was back in the doldrums.

But...and here is the important point...If he stays a Blue, we have to hope and expect that as the years go by Weitering will develop into the dominant player we hoped he would be.
At that point it wont be about team balance...his name will be permanently penciled in.

Reply #214
At the moment Jones and Rowe are working very well together and in fact complementing one another
It's a good balance
Your point is valid while that combination continues to perform well and Weitering must give way to team balance on occasions.
...until he becomes a better option.

I guess some of us came unstuck earlier in the year because we saw Weitering appearing to overcome his second year blues late last year and return to some form.
I was certainly looking forward to him having a good season, but for the first couple of games of the year he was back in the doldrums.

But...and here is the important point...If he stays a Blue, we have to hope and expect that as the years go by Weitering will develop into the dominant player we hoped he would be.
At that point it wont be about team balance...his name will be permanently penciled in.

I expect him to get games this year....and for that to continue in the following years. I have no issue with that.

Jones and Rowe, will not be able to play up to the high standard they are setting now forever. Sooner or later they will start to falter. Be that age, injury or simply confidence.

All i ask is that we pick a side that gives us the best chance of winning, or perhaps better stated alternatively as, a side that doesn't guarantee we will lose.
I'm open to perhaps not picking the BEST side if it means some kids get some games, but not at the expense of wins. Wins = confidence, and we need that more than simply games into kids.

Its not a difficult concept to comprehend, yet i'm gobsmacked at how many are struggling with it.

Rowe (when injured with his knee) was obviously not going to be played ahead of Weitering. - You pick Weitering
Weitering (when completed devoid of all confidence) was not going to outperform Rowe when fit. - You pick Rowe
Rowe (when down on confidence) vs Weitering (with confidence) is where things start to get difficult. - ? ? ?

Reply #216
Why would Lamb make that up and report it to club officials? Baguley is lying

Reply #217

By now the other 17 clubs know that if Lamb is selected, he's there to antagonise someone. A cursory internet search will reveal what happened to his dad - it's even made it onto Wikipedia. It they wanted some ammo to unsettle his niggling tactics, they didn't have far to look.

With all the time clubs supposedly put into researching the opposition, I'm also a little sceptical.

Reply #218
And out of the family members to sledge, it seems a little coincidental that Baguley selected his dad. From my knowledge of this sort of nonsense, they usually target female members.

Reply #219

Yep, definitely not something someone makes up!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #220
Yep, definitely not something someone makes up!

Let's be clear

Did Baguley say something about Lamb's father and the nature of his death or was he just doing a general family sledge?

What I get is that Lamb told Baguley his father had died and to lay off.
Was there anything more.
Was there a direct reference to the way his father had died... if so it was a low blow.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/baguley-sledge-directed-at-lamb-20180515-p4zff3.html

Baguley is understood to have made multiple inappropriate references to Lamb's family but in a manner that would suggest the Essendon defender was ignorant of the fact Lamb's father had been murdered. Lamb's father was killed in an axe attack by a family friend when the player was only six years old.

Baguley was accused of making crude and inappropriate comments about Lamb's family, but it's understood the comments indicated he had no idea Lamb's father had died.

Lamb immediately told Baguley his father had died when he was young and told Baguley to stop or there would be ramifications.

Reply #221
I expect him to get games this year....and for that to continue in the following years. I have no issue with that.

Jones and Rowe, will not be able to play up to the high standard they are setting now forever. Sooner or later they will start to falter. Be that age, injury or simply confidence.

All i ask is that we pick a side that gives us the best chance of winning, or perhaps better stated alternatively as, a side that doesn't guarantee we will lose.
I'm open to perhaps not picking the BEST side if it means some kids get some games, but not at the expense of wins. Wins = confidence, and we need that more than simply games into kids.

Its not a difficult concept to comprehend, yet i'm gobsmacked at how many are struggling with it.

Rowe (when injured with his knee) was obviously not going to be played ahead of Weitering. - You pick Weitering
Weitering (when completed devoid of all confidence) was not going to outperform Rowe when fit. - You pick Rowe
Rowe (when down on confidence) vs Weitering (with confidence) is where things start to get difficult. - ? ? ?

Yep fair is fair.

Where things start to get difficult you look at a few factors.   How everyone's travelling in other key roles (no Casboult or McKay as an example gives Rowe a leg up as a back-up ruckman)  and what match ups are palatable.

We might run into a side which actually asks us to play taller.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #223
And out of the family members to sledge, it seems a little coincidental that Baguley selected his dad. From my knowledge of this sort of nonsense, they usually target female members.

Agreed, Baguley knew exactly what happened to his father.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #224
Agreed, Baguley knew exactly what happened to his father.

Baguley has changed his excuse two or three times already, he's a bullcrap artist!
The Force Awakens!