Skip to main content
Topic: Phil Hughes (Read 26197 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Phil Hughes

Reply #45
RIP Phil Hughes. Very sad day.

Reply #47
In a time of such sadness, it was nice of Dr Bruckner to acknowledge what a tremendous support Michael Clarke has been to the Hughes family.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #48
Wow, a life can be taken away just like that....RIP young man...my deepest condolences to the Hughes family and all his cricketing brothers :(

Reply #49
Terrible news.

Reply #50
Something I always worried about as an umpire and I can only imagine what must be going through Sean Abbott's mind right now. I am sure like the rest of the world we're lost for words. Still hasn't sunk in - stunned really. The draft has started and I don't even care who we get right now.

Reply #51
The news of him passing away today was terrible. There will be many sad people after this today. RIP and best wishes for all his family and friends.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #52
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/phillip-hughes-dead-head-injury-claims-australian-cricketers-life-after-tragic-scg-playing-accident/story-fni2usfi-1227137086558

If I ever hear anyone criticise M Clarke ever again I will spew up. Class Act.

RIP Young Man.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
Gotta get around Sean Abbott now...that poor bloke .... I don't know how I could come back from that if it were me who bowled that delivery...saw a photo of him at the Hospital I think...and he is gutted...

Reply #54
Gotta get around Sean Abbott now...that poor bloke .... I don't know how I could come back from that if it were me who bowled that delivery...saw a photo of him at the Hospital I think...and he is gutted...

Agree...I couldnt play cricket again after this terrible event if I was Abbott and I reckon even the likes of Mitchell Johnson will be thinking every short ball through before he bowls it for a while...
I dont even feel like watching cricket and feel flat about the game.....dont know how the players will get themselves up for the 1st test?

Reply #55
This is a shocker. Just a terrible day for Australian sport. Just 25 years old.
To Phil Hughes' family. . . . Bloody Hell. What can you say??
To all his very close cricket mates . . . . .what again can you say??
And then there's Sean Abbott, a Young bloke out there playing the game he loves, and now this. He will never completely get over it.

A long, long time since I have felt this bad.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #56
Say what you well about our players or drafting. I just hope and pray the 4 young men drafted today will never die doing something they love.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #57
I can't believe how sad this has made me feel

Best wishes to his family - he was a cricketer, but foremost a son and a brother.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #58

Agree...I couldnt play cricket again after this terrible event if I was Abbott and I reckon even the likes of Mitchell Johnson will be thinking every short ball through before he bowls it for a while...
I dont even feel like watching cricket and feel flat about the game.....dont know how the players will get themselves up for the 1st test?

Mate we all love the game and the players need to be free to do what they do. The Indians need to demand Mitch bowls plenty of bouncers.
We all mourn Hughesy but we have to move on and let the game be. I'm sure he would feel the same way.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #59

Mate we all love the game and the players need to be free to do what they do. The Indians need to demand Mitch bowls plenty of bouncers.
We all mourn Hughesy but we have to move on and let the game be. I'm sure he would feel the same way.
Hear hear
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time