Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 14: Northern Blues vs North Ballarat at Ballarat (Read 6519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 14: Northern Blues vs North Ballarat at Ballarat

Reply #15
 :-\
Really disappointing result. Looking forward to hearing whether we were in the game at any stage. Or is it 'just' inaccurate kicking for goals. We started so well. I guess the injury toll is costing us across the divisions.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
NB's feeling the injuries.

Reply #17
NB's feeling the injuries.
Very much so. Unfortunately the Carlton listed players we have left are not the ones that win games. If we lost LeBois and the like, we'd still be winning. :( We just don't have the depth as yet. I can recognize it, but I don't have to like it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
17 listed players and couldn't beat a winless VFL unit.  Unacceptable.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
17 listed players and couldn't beat a winless VFL unit.  Unacceptable.
Only 12 were there. They included Glass-McCasker, Sumner, LeBois and Korchek who struggle to average 10 possessions per game. Jaksch kicked 1 goal. Pickett kicked none and also struggles for consistent possessions.

All the same, being beaten by North Ballarat is unacceptable. Some of these guys, like Palmer, for example, need a start earning their money.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
Thats some epic cliff jumping by the NB

Reply #22
Don't forget we had ASOS and Jones which is a top line AFL backline spine for the first few rounds. Take that out and the entire midfield and you're not looking at many wins.

Good effort to get that close.

Reply #23

1 possession to Korchek. :(
4 to Gallucci: if this doesn't cook his goose, nothing will.
5 to Glass - McCasker - a real come down after a couple of good performances. I'd still like to try this guy forward, but it looks like he is toast.
6 to Gussy Sheehan - probably his worst ever numbers.
6 also to Penrith - you can't blame the kid for that.
I could go on, but this is hard enough to comprehend, let alone appreciate.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24

1 possession to Korchek. :(
4 to Gallucci: if this doesn't cook his goose, nothing will.
5 to Glass - McCasker - a real come down after a couple of good performances. I'd still like to try this guy forward, but it looks like he is toast.
6 to Gussy Sheehan - probably his worst ever numbers.
6 also to Penrith - you can't blame the kid for that.

Cam OShea is clearly the best NB's player...better than Sheehan IMO.....

Reply #25
At the moment, he is the most effective player going around for us. Win, lose or draw, he has contributed every week and gets a LOT of ball against a lot of different opponents. I'd sign him in a heart-beat.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
At the moment, he is the most effective player going around for us. Win, lose or draw, he has contributed every week and gets a LOT of ball against a lot of different opponents. I'd sign him in a heart-beat.

Be a rookie pick for me...ACOS to the senior list and OShea to take his place as my backup rookie experienced backman...

Reply #27

We have an ultra weak team in the VFL. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Reply #28
Be a rookie pick for me...ACOS to the senior list and OShea to take his place as my backup rookie experienced backman...

I agree. The Swans and Dogs will be into O'Shea IMO.

I think we add him as a rookie, as you said probably to take the spot of a potential upgrade to Alex Silvagni, who would/should take the senior spot of Simon White IMO.

I'm still not sure on Korcheck. I'd probably prefer to use his rookie spot as a backup developing ruckman on a state leaguer, or go after Darcy Cameron from the Swans, who is behind Naismith and Sinclair, probably Tippett also.

Therefore, my rookie list might look like:

Upgrade - A.Silvagni
Delist - A.Gallucci, M.Korcheck

1. K.Lebois
2. J.Glass-McCasker (???)
3. C.Sheehan (???)
4. C.O'Shea
5. ruck - eg. state leaguer
6. mid - eg. Mitch Grigg

Reply #29

I won't be surprised to find O'Shea getting a full draft spot, an associate of mine claims one of the Scott brothers is very interested. I'd think it would be Geelong who are draft pick limited and probably after insurance, cannot see O'Shea going main draft to a rebuild club like Norp.

Looking at back-lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Collingwood pick him up either!
The Force Awakens!