Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 25743 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #30
From Bolton's presser: "Our readiness when playing interstate is something we need to attain. It's a learned skill."

Hey Brendon, try this ...

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #31
From Bolton's  presser: "Our readiness when playing interstate is something we need to attain. It's a learned skill."

Hey Brendon, try this ...

He must be referring to his work in the coaches box....for a teacher.. he needs more learning....

Reply #32
I'm more upset that I tipped us haha. I had a chance to get two games clear in my family footy tipping. Is till hate losing though. And for some reason I've got an extremely step by dislike for Brisbane.

Bring on 2018 I think it's going to a much more fruitful year in the victory department.

Reply #33
One more year bringing in another haul of talented youngsters then we need to plug gaps with A graders.

Reply #34
Took the words right out of my mouth ... so I'll just keep quiet  ;)

I was pleased with Harry's debut, Bolton's decision to play Silvagni in defence and Fisher and Samo's development.

What was pleasing about that?

I think there are 2 players on our list that average more goals a game than Jack who averages (0.96 goals a game)

1. Levi Casboult (1.08 goals a game)
2. Matthew Wright (1.18 goals a game)

Jack is about as pure of a forward as we have on our list. Let him learn his craft there. He kicked 3 goals only 2 weeks ago.

Reply #36
Disappointing in the lack of backbone shown by our leaders. Did anyone try to take out Rockcliff? Did anyone put Zorko into the dirt? Mathieson has a head that is just asking to be ripped off, if he wants to duck then get him in a headlock and plow his head into the ground. Soft Soft Soft, how do you play Carlton, you pick on their leaders and no one will stand up.

It took Samo to stand up to Zorko and when Samo didn't flinch when the knob jockey came at him we started to walk that bit taller. We missed White, Alex Silvagni and Ed Curnow who wouldn't stand for that bullsh1t.

Why is Jack down back? We don't have enough good players forward who are smart to throw him back for education sake.

I hope what the jungle drums are saying about Casboult are right 4 years at 700K from Richmond which should net us a 2nd round compensation pick.

Why give a 50 against our player running around the back but laugh at our players when a Brisbane guy did the same thing. The umpiring was atrocious all game long, allowing Rockcliff to turn his back on the bounce and grab Gibbs at every ball up, do that to Dangerfield and there would be an outrage, saying how such a tactic is ruining the ball winners, yet Rockcliff is being lauded for sacrificing his game while giving away multiple unpaid frees. All you need is a drive by with an elbow to his ribs to free Gibbs up, Kerridge I'm looking at you.

If Zorko doesn't get reported for the punch on Plowman then pack up and give the game away. It shows the umpire looking directly at the punch and he didn't pay the free, Plowman wasn't acting, he couldn't breathe and his eyes were watering minutes after the punch.

Cunningham is going to be a player he's tough around the contest and hands are getting much better, if anyone thinks he's not doing well have a good look at yourself.

Harry showed that a key forward is only as good as his supply, how could the kid expect to do well in the VFL when hes getting zero quality ball. I hope he's played for the rest of the year, he definitely showed enough before running out of puff. He looks like a true CHF as he hits the wings and works his way back.

Samo, pure class and showed the "senior" players how to stand up to a sniper. This is a man who rode bulls, as if a little piss ant like Zorko would intimidate him.

Fisher, great pressure but he needs to do more with the ball.

Charlie, he gets it now. A gun in the making.

Weitering, put him at CHB and develop him  with the back line. I'm afraid we killed his second season playing him forward and chipping the ball around so he was starved of opportunity.

I thought that going after a Kelly would be the right thing to do this year but looking that I don't know. We need more grunt around the ball, cause without Cripps we're soft. However Kellys pace would be nice too.

A very poor effort in the first half which was the most disapointed I've been all year. I just pray that we practise forward craft this off season cause we have no real way of getting the ball in apart from the long bomb and when a team like Brisbane who has some good bigs down there tears us a new one we need a better thought out way forward.

Reply #37
Just finished watching recorded game, that was a joke surely, they were taking the pi55 in the first half, seriously disappointed with that lack of effort, we are still miles off...oh and if I get a chance, I'd luv to belt Rhys Mathieson, he is a germ of the highest order, and the men in green continue to reward him for his parasitic diving...not someone I'd like in my team????????

I'd say hipwood is his protégé. He probably says????????, happy to have you.

On the bright side. We won in the personal grooming stakes. Lions seriously bad haircuts, or lack of... See matheison and hipwood for example.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
You would guess right ;) :D
Game high 15 ...next best for us was 4 :(

Got to love his efforts don't you. Even with such a poor team performance, he busts his gut to make the play. Him and Kruezer both. Very similar in their unfailing commitment to the jumper. Clone him ...
Henry Ford.

Reply #39
Great post Raydan

Reply #40
Disappointing in the lack of backbone shown by our leaders. Did anyone try to take out Rockcliff? Did anyone put Zorko into the dirt? Mathieson has a head that is just asking to be ripped off, if he wants to duck then get him in a headlock and plow his head into the ground. Soft Soft Soft, how do you play Carlton, you pick on their leaders and no one will stand up.

Hardly a new thing. Judd then later Crippa masked over a lot of softness for many a year.

I'd trade Murphy in a heartbeat and I'm very much hoping my Gibbs intel is rock solid.

Our midfield is not only soft, it is very shallow and one dimensional.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
I thought that going after a Kelly would be the right thing to do this year but looking that I don't know. We need more grunt around the ball, cause without Cripps we're soft. However Kellys pace would be nice too.

Been saying it for ages...we failed to recruit another couple of big bodied mids to help Cripps, as soon as he has gone down we are exposed and soft.
Ed Curnow being out doesnt help either as at least he knows how to mind an opponent...
Bolton had a shocker in the coaches box as well...

Reply #42
Pains me when it's not the kids that are the problem.  Until recently I was pleased with the greatly improved and more consistent on field effort.... But today the club's so-called leaders like Gibbs and Thomas...FMD...that was unacceptable.

The overall softness was galling.  I'm over our blokes letting themselves get owned physically by muppets week in week out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
Great post Raydan
x2

Why was JSOS in defence?

Why did Gibbs not get a touch in the first half?

Where was Murphy in first half.

Is Daisy done? Did sweet FA imo except for constant snaps close to goals that missed!

The umpiring was absolutely atrocious - I get they can't help but play to what the crowd demands but seriously? Holding the ball against Brisbane just never paid. How Tf can an umpire stand there and watch when one of ours goes down, and does nothing about it? Think all those umpires need to go back to junior level.

Gosh that was depressing to watch, the first half. Simmo -dunno - is that it for him? He and Murph have played a month of crap games.

Thought Mackay was great for first game, that was the only thing to like - I guess Charlie, Fisher and Samo showed a bit too. Otherwise, blah.

Reply #44
What was pleasing about that?

I think there are 2 players on our list that average more goals a game than Jack who averages (0.96 goals a game)

1. Levi Casboult (1.08 goals a game)
2. Matthew Wright (1.18 goals a game)

Jack is about as pure of a forward as we have on our list. Let him learn his craft there. He kicked 3 goals only 2 weeks ago.

I think I've found a little positive.
According to those figures we have a new leader.
Big H has an average of 1.2  ^-^

Fwiw I thought young Jack managed the adjustment in position well. That's got me thinking... Jonesy went forward for a bit, and Simo  floated forward too. Is this part of the hawks flexibility philosophy creeping in? I know we've got an injury toll, but maybe this allows opportunity to throw the boys around a little. Particularly while the stakes are low (pride aside).
Henry Ford.