Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 23641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #136
A couple of weeks back I thought I'd checked the broadcast guide and our game tomorrow was live to air, now Ch.7 are broadcast GWS vs CheatsFC.

I was up the bush at the time, maybe the broadcast schedule is different up there?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
I'm down with that brother.

My whole family on dad's side barracked for Carlton, the most heated arguments at family get togethers were about this or that Carlton footballer.
Was SOS better than Serge, was Jezza a better full forward than a centreman, was anyone as good as Nicholls.
It's still going on today, a couple of my cousins think that Levi  is a gun.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #138
My whole family on dad's side barracked for Carlton, the most heated arguments at family get togethers were about this or that Carlton footballer.
Was SOS better than Serge, was Jezza a better full forward than a centreman, was anyone as good as Nicholls.

Love and hate are flip sides of the same coin. The people you love are usually also the ones that enrage you the most. There's a reason why seven out of ten murders are committed by someone known to the victim. Strangers are not likely to p1ss you off.

Reply #139
A couple of weeks back I thought I'd checked the broadcast guide and our game tomorrow was live to air, now Ch.7 are broadcast GWS vs CheatsFC.

I was up the bush at the time, maybe the broadcast schedule is different up there?

The afl broadcast schedule offers:
Vic- Geelong, Giants v Scum 7, 7pm,
Vic-Melbourne, Giants v Scum 7, 7pm,
Vic-Regional, Giants v Scum Prime7, 7pm,
Vic-Remote, Giants v Scum Southern Cross, 7pm.

Looks like the same game as everyone else gets, seems like it’s only the network and local time that changes...

NT Darwin, Giants v Scum Southern Cross, 6:30,
NT Remote and Regional, Giants v Scum, Southern Cross, 6:30
WA Perth, Giants v Scum, 7, 5pm,
WA Regional, Giants v Scum, 7mate, 5:20pm.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #140
I will be watching in miniature for this one, AFL Live on my tablet. Better than nothing I guess.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #141

It's funny how these discussions change with the times.
I note with interest how your family discussions were over the greats and what made one better than the other... Like it mattered... They were all magnificent b4st4rds with a place in history.
These days we argue over who is worse... Lucas Bootsma or Graham. None of them would get a game at a top 8 side, but it's what we are left with discussing.

Reply #142
I note with interest how your family discussions were over the greats and what made one better than the other... Like it mattered... They were all magnificent b4st4rds with a place in history.
These days we argue over who is worse... Lucas Bootsma or Graham. None of them would get a game at a top 8 side, but it's what we are left with discussing.

Quite sad really but a reflection of our current predicament and lowly status. I find the regular raking up of our past failures to be quite depressing actually and I will be more than relieved when we can start to look forward again with a measure of confidence and expectation.

Reply #143
Mullet designated emergency.

Reply #144
The afl broadcast schedule offers:
Vic- Geelong, Giants v Scum 7, 7pm,
Vic-Melbourne, Giants v Scum 7, 7pm,
Vic-Regional, Giants v Scum Prime7, 7pm,
Vic-Remote, Giants v Scum Southern Cross, 7pm.

Looks like the same game as everyone else gets, seems like it’s only the network and local time that changes...

NT Darwin, Giants v Scum Southern Cross, 6:30,
NT Remote and Regional, Giants v Scum, Southern Cross, 6:30
WA Perth, Giants v Scum, 7, 5pm,
WA Regional, Giants v Scum, 7mate, 5:20pm.

My wife confirmed, when she was watching the Cats / GWS a few rounds back on Friday night they ran through the up and coming Geelong games and stated they would be back in GMHBA for the Carlton game Free to Air, and they ranted about how long it had been since Carlton played in Geelong. So either that was a mistake or they must have changed the broadcast schedule. She remembers it well because she was choosing a date for us to go out for dinner and avoided organising tonight.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
I'll be happy not to see Carlton until we start being competitive again.

Reply #146
Maybe a late change Harry Taylor might be in doubt , would be good for us

Reply #147

Like will we ruck Liam Jones or should we have played Andrew Phillips.
As if it makes any difference.  :-[
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #148
Like will we ruck Liam Jones or should we have played Andrew Phillips.
As if it makes any difference.  :-[

:)) Is that called "shuffling deckchairs etc. etc."?

Reply #149
:)) Is that called "shuffling deckchairs etc. etc."?

I was talking to a life long Carlton supporter about this today, he reckons that with Docherty injured and Gibbs gone there only about three players in our team who would get a regular game at any AFL club.
We agreed that we have quite a few young players with potential but most if not all of them would be learning their craft in the VFL at a top side and be playing the odd senior game, at Carlton we simply have to fast track them.
Long term it might not be to their benefit as we've seen with Weitering's form this season, and to a lesser extent Petrevski-Seton, time will tell I guess.