Skip to main content
Topic: Rising star - Breann Moody (Read 1979 times) previous topic - next topic

Rising star - Breann Moody

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-03-06/moody-earns-rising-star-nomination
CARLTON ruck Breann Moody has been rewarded for her solid performance against Adelaide on Saturday night, receiving the Round 5 AFLW Rising Star nomination.

Moody, who celebrated her 21st birthday on Sunday, racked up 29 hit-outs, 11 disposals and five clearances at Norwood Oval.

Thought she had better games that this, but its probably like the mens in which you get it based on a collection of games, rather than just one.

Congrats in any event.

Re: Rising star - Breann Moody

Reply #1
Yes, congratulations indeed!

I have been impressed with Moody and her nomination is well deserved.

Her ruck work is a little too predictable at this stage but I think she’ll develop into a fine player.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
The lass certainly has a future, but she needs to really work on her ruck technique.
I love the way she attacks the ball at the centre bounce. Her athleticism is also very good. Now we have to train her positive traits so she can be the player we hope she can be. Like Charlie Curnow, she is a work in progress and I want to see that progress as soon as I can!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Congratulations to Breann.
Can't recall if it was R3 or 4. Breann started the game on song. She was BOG for mine. Although that level wasn't sustained, she certainly showed she's got the goods.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
The lass certainly has a future, but she needs to really work on her ruck technique.
I love the way she attacks the ball at the centre bounce. Her athleticism is also very good. Now we have to train her positive traits so she can be the player we hope she can be. Like Charlie Curnow, she is a work in progress and I want to see that progress as soon as I can!

As good as she has been in the ruck, i'd like to see her work on her kicking and then we could move her up forward. Her hands, while not as good as Harris, are pretty good amongst the girls. She has the agression and attack on the pill that you want to see. I'd like to see her coming out from CHF and provide the missing link that we need to get the ball down to Harris.