Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Read 68812 times) previous topic - next topic

2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

OK, changes for Rnd 2.

In;
Whiley, Armfield and one of Graham / Ellard.

Wood probably did enough to stay in, although he may not travel to WA and if so Warnock comes in.

Outs Daisy obviously, Tuohy might struggle, Smith isn't fit enough yet.
The Force Awakens!

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #1
OK, changes for Rnd 2.

In;
Whiley, Armfield and one of Graham / Ellard.

Wood probably did enough to stay in, although he may not travel to WA and if so Warnock comes in.

Outs Daisy obviously, Tuohy might struggle, Smith isn't fit enough yet.

Who screwing knows.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2
In: Whiley, Tutt, Casboult.

Out: Jones, Curnow, Thomas (Injured)

I would strong suggest they consider Armfield if he is fit enough to play. I would keep Wood or shove a rocket up the arse of Warnock if he gets to play. Consider Graham as the sub.

We need better run and carry. If Docherty keeps playing the way he has started, he could be our most improved. I liked what I saw from him, and how White kept his opponent from dominating. The rest I really don't care what Mick and the MC decide for round 2. Its a game we can't win. Not the way we have started. Could be an ugly game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Seriously, Casboult? ???

He was stitched up by a grand total of zero AFL listed players today! :o

I recall MM talking about having to pick players on form, just last night in the post match, we will see!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Seriously, Casboult????

He was stitched up by a grand total of zero AFL listed players today!

I recall MM talking about having to pick players on form, we will see!

You are correct. He did sweet bugger all, but played mainly in the ruck. Mick did state he will only pick players on form. However, can we really afford to use Jones and Everitt up forward. They were not game winners last night at all. Sure they did something in the first quarter and a half. However they were missing in action from half way through the 2nd quarter until the end of the match. Either that or bring Watson in to be a tall forward.

Reply #5
You are correct. He did sweet bugger all, but played mainly in the ruck. Mick did state he will only pick players on form. However, can we really afford to use Jones and Everitt up forward. They were not game winners last night at all. Sure they did something in the first quarter and a half. However they were missing in action from half way through the 2nd quarter until the end of the match. Either that or bring Watson in to be a tall forward.

You cannot reward poor form, it becomes habit forming.

Everitt spent a lot of time down back, I see that as a coaching problem not a player problem. Losing Daisy early did not help, but injuries are no excuse. ;)

PS: Even in the ruck he should be tearing VFL top up players a new one! This is a bloke the club described as flying, going to a new level!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
I agree that you cannot favour a player with poor form. However I also believe Levi plays best when he has AFL games. He hasn't had too many games in the seconds that were blinders. When he plays for the blues and the ball is moving his way, I am confident he is at least a 50/50 chance one on one with an opponent.

We don't have players in the forward 50m that have enough body strength to beat their opponents in one on one contests. Henderson is a great player on the lead, but even he hasn't got the strength to be our 1st forward. He is also good at hitting a pack for a mark, leaving other forwards to lead into free space. Put him in the goal square and cement his feet to the ground if need be.

I only pray he or Watson play a blinder in the seconds soon. Jones and Everitt haven't convinced me they can kick multiple goals in matches, often enough for us to win. That leaves a huge burden on Henderson, as our mids kick too few goals in matches. Something other clubs do very well.

Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps, Carrazzo, Yarran, Simpson, Whiley, Tutt, White, Tuohy, Bell, Wood etc should be kicking a goal each and every game. That then takes all the pressure off the tall forwards. A combination of these type of mids HBF/HFF types. Otherwise Jones and Everitt need to lift. No question asked. IMO. We Can't blame the coach for all our mistakes. Not for the weak effort to stop the Tigers first up. Even without daisy we should have won.

Reply #7
We Can't blame the coach for all our mistakes. Not for the weak effort to stop the Tigers first up. Even without daisy we should have won.

True, but MM is closer to the end than the beginning, and our list is full of beginners!

BTW, our forwards play like backmen, they take their opponents to the contest! We have zero natural KPP forwards. Fev nearly killed O'hAilpin for doing the same!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Hopefully we get Walker back this week as we need his much needed run and carry.

I'd like to see Whiley in if deemed fit enough.

I think for team balance we need Casboult in the side...even if it potentially makes us top heavy.

Outs...Thomas obviously.
I reckon Curnow should go. His opponent got the better of him and wasn't doing the team things.
Lastly....don't know. Someone who isn't fit.

Reply #9
True, but MM is closer to the end than the beginning, and our list is full of beginners!

BTW, our forwards play like backmen, they take their opponents to the contest! We have zero natural KPP forwards.

True. Hey you make a very valid point there and I think I have an answer for you. Our forwards do play like backmen because that is what they are. We should consider trading defenders for true forwards. Rowe, Everitt, Henderson, Jaksch all play like defenders. Loosing Betts and Waite has really cost us big time. In fact if we had Waite, Betts and Fev (with a bran that functions normally), we would have a forward 50m that would work with Henderson helping them. Hang on we wouldn't pay one enough, let one just walk and sacked one. How clever are we. ;D

Reply #10
I'm not convinced that Rob Wiley brings much to the coaching group but at least he is honest and admitted that we have lost our three best forwards in Waite, Betts and Garlett.  Expecting that they can be replaced by fringe players is wishful thinking.

It's difficult to see how we can kick a winning score without more capable forwards and a structure that gets the best out of them.  Jones seems to be a part time footballer at best and Casboult, Watson and Foster didn't fire up today.  More importantly, I'm not sure that the coaching panel has much idea about how best to set up our forward line.

Casboult has to come in to the side as a back up ruckman first and foremost, and as a forward who can clunk marks and apply defensive pressure inside 50.  That means Jones has to go.

Jaksch and Everitt are similar types; both tall utilities that aren't strong or good enough to hold down key positions.  I'm not sure that there is a place for both of them in the side but that really depends on the potential matchups.

Smith will be a player but I'm not sure that he should really be considered for a full game on a large ground.  I would be tempted to give him another run as the sub - and hope to hell that we don't get another early serious injury.

We need a bit more pace around the ground, a settled defence, more ruck power, greater numbers rotating through the midfield and forwards that can both work to a structure and apply defensive pressure.  Therefore, my outs would be Thomas, Jones, Jaksch and Tuohy and they would be replaced by Buckley, Casboult, Whiley and Armfield. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Dont see MM dropping Liam Jones after just one game, ditto for Jaksch....reckon Smith, Thomas(inj) both out  for Whiley and Tutt...not so sure about Casboult getting a game..

Reply #12
Jones and Jaksch will stay. Tutt may come in for Clem but it won't be a game changer. Levi has failed his test and it would be hypocritical of MM to select him Whiley has performed ok at VFL level so that's no guarantee. I'd bring in Armfield and Buckley for Clem and Daisy ATM.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #13
Dont see MM dropping Liam Jones after just one game, ditto for Jaksch....reckon Smith, Thomas(inj) both out  for Whiley and Tutt...not so sure about Casboult getting a game..

Jones and Jaksch will stay. Tutt may come in for Clem but it won't be a game changer. Levi has failed his test and it would be hypocritical of MM to select him Whiley has performed ok at VFL level so that's no guarantee. I'd bring in Armfield and Buckley for Clem and Daisy ATM.

You're both probably right, so we can expect another loss next week  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Unless there is a massive attitude shift there is little to get excited about for this game, no matter who comes in. Our problems lie with those who are unlikely to be dropped out.
Reality always wins in the end.