Skip to main content

Poll

Are Parramatta the Cheats FC of the NRL?

Man double standards, cheats-a-plenty!
[ 4 ] (80%)
MEH, they have been whacked somewhat!
[ 1 ] (20%)
Nup, things are all above board!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Topic: Parramatta, the CheatsFC of the NRL (Read 3696 times) previous topic - next topic

Parramatta, the CheatsFC of the NRL

OK, Carlton gets whacked for TPP, but CheatsFC gets the lettuce leaf for the same.

Then CheatsFC get stung doping, and get another wet lettuce leaf for governance issues!

Melbourne Storm got smashed for TPP violations, effectively removed from the competition.

Parramatta get the wet lettuce leaf for TPP violations and can play on!

Are Parramatta the CheatsFC of the NRL?
The Force Awakens!

Re: Parramatta, the CheatsFC of the NRL

Reply #1
I don't know the details about Parramatta like I know about Essendon: I guess I just don't have the level of interest in rugby to have the facts at my finger tips.
That said, there appears to be more than a little of the 'double standard' involved in what I read today. Not, perhaps, as large a sin as the Storm committed, but not one that should be ignored either. Their contracts are going to need some considerable work to make them viable. The penalties appear underwhelming.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Man I follow Parramatta and Perth Glory... add that to Carlton and i think I could start being these teams accountants.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #3
Man I follow Parramatta and Perth Glory... add that to Carlton and i think I could start being these teams accountants.

I know you don't follow Subiaco in the WAFL Shades, but maybe you should look at supporting them as well. ;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
I'm not sure this one will go smoothly.

Parra officials in line for de-registration have already headed off to court.
No action yet on the other penalties but if there's a challenge to the cap it could have implications for our game.

(and the Parrot is going off ;D)

Reply #5
You could not do worse: you'd be honest. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in the minds of some people. But then I remember that they are human. Well, some of them. :) I wouldn't go as far as claiming that for the B*mbers.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
I haven't been following this all that closely as I have minimal interest in the NRL.  However, it seems to me that the penalties are pretty close to the mark, particularly with the de-registration of the officials involved.

Courts these days seem pretty reluctant to meddle with the way sporting competitions are run.  Perhaps the Parramatta officials are using Hird's lawyers ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Yep, djc, it's unusual to deregister the officials.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #8
I'm really struggling to understand how the NRL could come up with such a limp-wristed penalty.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"