Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 18959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #120
Cripps must have support soon or we will break him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #122
Just watched BBs media conference, I know some might not agree but I reckon the bloke is a class act considering where we find ourselves... loved his gags about cliches, and why we relented and are playing H.

What else can he say other than what he said??!! The bloke is having to be the face for mass list turnover, unreasonable numbers of injured blokes, too many inexperienced blokes taking the field through necessity, flop recruits from other clubs and a marketing dept. Phew.

I think I feel better about the whole shemozzle we presently find ourselves in because I've dropped all expectation for 2018. Now all I want to see is effort. Fair dinkum pressure. Blooding, gradually, kids. Further improvement in recruits of the previous 2 years. And some anti-social ruthlessness which we showed in BBs first 2 years.

And Judge, McKay, SOS... about time you blokes took some of the heat as well rather than leaving it all to the coach and Juddy. How about you 3 showing some ticker and start speaking up (with conviction) re our situation and demonstrating some ridgy didge support for the senior coach/players. No time for wimps skulking around in the shadows... never was a strong, united and forceful message more needed than right fkn now from you three. So get off your flabby @rses and let the football world know how 'Bound By Blue' the club is, DEMONSTRATE it by confronting the media yourselves ...at least we'll then know that 'BBB' is more than a glib marketing slogan.

You’re right about it being time for the club heavyweights to step up.  Juddy did his bit but it would be good to get some reinforcement from the Judge and co.

David Teague’s performance while miked up at training was interesting.  It gave me the impression that everything is proceeding as expected.  I particularly liked his banter with Harry about the contest with brother Ben.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #123
Where has Liddle been the past month?   The previous incumbent would have been on SEN spruiking etc.  Needs to be front and square during these hard times,  deflecting media heat etc
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #124
Where has Liddle been the past month?   The previous incumbent would have been on SEN spruiking etc.  Needs to be front and square during these hard times,  deflecting media heat etc
In his box fixing crap hopefully.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
Just watched BBs media conference, I know some might not agree but I reckon the bloke is a class act considering where we find ourselves... loved his gags about cliches, and why we relented and are playing H.

What else can he say other than what he said??!! The bloke is having to be the face for mass list turnover, unreasonable numbers of injured blokes, too many inexperienced blokes taking the field through necessity, flop recruits from other clubs and a marketing dept. Phew.

I think I feel better about the whole shemozzle we presently find ourselves in because I've dropped all expectation for 2018. Now all I want to see is effort. Fair dinkum pressure. Blooding, gradually, kids. Further improvement in recruits of the previous 2 years. And some anti-social ruthlessness which we showed in BBs first 2 years.

And Judge, McKay, SOS... about time you blokes took some of the heat as well rather than leaving it all to the coach and Juddy. How about you 3 showing some ticker and start speaking up (with conviction) re our situation and demonstrating some ridgy didge support for the senior coach/players. No time for wimps skulking around in the shadows... never was a strong, united and forceful message more needed than right fkn now from you three. So get off your flabby @rses and let the football world know how 'Bound By Blue' the club is, DEMONSTRATE it by confronting the media yourselves ...at least we'll then know that 'BBB' is more than a glib marketing slogan.
yep
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #126
A simple question then if its not media pressure and not due to any great form in the NB's given our NB's watchers didn rate his game then why is he in the team??
Its a question Bolton gets asked about Harry every week after a loss, hows Harry Mckay going?...BB..he will play when he is ready
explained in his presser, don’t know what else people expect. The cynics and negative nellies will say it’s a media pressure based selection which I think is a load of cods wallop. Trust the process.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #127
All i want for Harry is for him to hold his head up high all game.

I don't give a stuff if he gets donuts, as long as he doesn't drop his head and sook, he'll be better for it.
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #128
Personally I don't want to listen to any more words, platitudes, cliches, management speak, excuses, pat phrases etc etc. I'm not interested in what Macca, The Judge, Liddle or anyone in the media have to SAY. I'm tired of WORDS. I am happy now to watch how the boys GO and hopefully witness some positive development and improvement over the rest ofthe year and even snag a few wins.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
This was copied from a Carlton supporter.....

Clarkos first 44 games as coach... 14 wins
Bolts first 44 games as coach... 13 wins.
GWS first 66 games.. 9 wins

*48 games into our 66 game rebuild and we are already 4 wins ahead of the Giants with 18 games to come.
We need to be patient guys!????
I know most 'BlueBaggers' can see the overall picture but a small minority are struggling to keep the faith and threatening to derail things we the call for Bolts sacking .
His intellectual property far outweighs any of you who are calling for his head. I trust him over you any day...

GO BLUES!

#BELIEVE
#BoundByBlue
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #130

GWS first 66 games.. 9 wins

*48 games into our 66 game rebuild and we are already 4 wins ahead of the Giants with 18 games to come.
We need to be patient guys!????
I know most 'BlueBaggers' can see the overall picture but a small minority are struggling to keep the faith and threatening to derail things we the call for Bolts sacking .
His intellectual property far outweighs any of you who are calling for his head. I trust him over you any day...

GO BLUES!

#BELIEVE
#BoundByBlue
Couldnt have said that any better myself :D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #131
We have won zero games this year, we need to break the duck otherwise the pressure will keep building.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #132

There will be very little criticism if Bolton wins 30/44 as Clarkson did in his next two years. ;)
...plus the 4/5 finals and the flag :D

Reply #133
We have won zero games this year, we need to break the duck otherwise the pressure will keep building.

A good time to do that - Today!  :D
Reality always wins in the end.