Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26448 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmPo_quXvU

Harry looks like he can play IMO, can take a mark, good kicking style......ditto Kerr......given we kicked 4 goals vs Nth and have not kicked 100 points since Noah built the Ark tell me what harm does it do in playing them both?

Reply #166
I must pay more attention to our forwards but would not any forward get tired of working their butts off making leads if hardly any of them get honoured? Maybe our problem is six of one and a half-dozen of the other?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #167
Lance Whitnall...fat and slow and no knees but he could teach our forwards a thing or two about finding space.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #168
And God forbid someone might actually hit a leading forward on the chest.

If they don't hit you then you go again though, not sulk!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #169
Lance Whitnall...fat and slow and no knees but he could teach our forwards a thing or two about finding space.
Absolutely. And how to attack the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #171
If they don't hit you then you go again though, not sulk!

On Saturday night you just stood the mark because your team mate had kicked it straight down your opponent's throat.
I think that it all started when we rookied Carrazzo, he normalised turnovers at the CFC and by the time he retired we'd grown to accept them as standard procedure.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #173
Currently travelling the UK didn't see the Collingwood or North games, sounding like it was pretty orinary. And NBs as well. Team line up wil be intersting this week.

Reply #174
On Saturday night you just stood the mark because your team mate had kicked it straight down your opponent's throat.
I think that it all started when we rookied Carrazzo, he normalised turnovers at the CFC and by the time he retired we'd grown to accept them as standard procedure.

????????????????

Carrazzo is Italian for turnover! Perhaps a little unfair, I think the rot started with blokes like Scott freeborn and Darren HULME

Reply #175
????????????????

Carrazzo is Italian for turnover!

If only he had given away kicking on his natural right foot, his left side was quite good!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
????????????????

Carrazzo is Italian for turnover! Perhaps a little unfair, I think the rot started with blokes like Scott freeborn and Darren HULME

Someone at the club who shall remain nameless but who was in a position of responsibility at the time once told me that we were getting a gun across from South Australia by the name of Scott Freeborn.
Hulme and Franchina both played 100+ games, in more recent times Armfield played 140 and Casboult is about to notch up 100.
Good luck to them, but it sums up our plight.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #177
I liked Scott freeborn, but one of the worst kicks I’ve ever seen - and injury prone. Loved hulmey, remember he tried to sell his car on the club website, back in the early days of the internet haha ????

Reply #178
let's not forget Ed Curnover :(

Reply #179
Someone at the club who shall remain nameless but who was in a position of responsibility at the time once told me that we were getting a gun across from South Australia by the name of Scott Freeborn.
Hulme and Franchina both played 100+ games, in more recent times Armfield played 140 and Casboult is about to notch up 100.
Good luck to them, but it sums up our plight.

I was a big fan of Darren Hulme, didnt matter the size of the opponent he would take them on and loved a contest, we could do with a few Hulmes in our lineup...
Scott Freeborn was a handy player much like his brother Glenn who was a premiership hero for North but was a erratic kick...got the pubes from memory and that was the end of him at AFL level...