Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Round 14: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 9221 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting: Round 14: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #15
Team - B

5 - Murphy
4 - Bell
3 - Carrazzo
2 - Tuohy
1 - Wood

Reply #16
Team:   B+
I know I’ve rated this win below last week’s, but I think the opposition wasn’t quite as fierce this time around. Still, it was an excellent effort and one I am happy with. It is also the first time all year we have totally dominated the ruck.

Votes:
My usual caveat for a good win: these votes are severely deflated. Every single mention deserves about double what they are going to get. But 15 votes are all that is available.
[2.5]   Bell
[2]   Murphy
[1.5]   Tuohy
[1.5]   Kreuzer
[1.5]   Wood
[1]   Graham
[1]   Docherty
[1]   Cripps
[1]   Armfield
[0.5]   Curnow
[0.5]   Buckley
[0.5]   Carrazzo
[0.5]   Everitt

Explanations:
[2.5]   Bell:   Tom had a great game, all except his kicking at goal. lLove his strength and attack on the ball.
[2]   Murphy:   Another excellent game.
[1.5]   Tuohy:   His best game for some time. He ran down field excellently and was really dangerous.
[1.5]   Kreuzer:   His best game in years. Dominated in the ruck and got possessions around the ground.
[1.5]   Wood:   Like Kreuzer, he really did well in the ruck and managed clearances as well.
[1]   Graham:   With Cripps being quieter this week, Graham stepped up and did a fine job.
[1]   Docherty:   Very solid in defence.
[1]   Cripps:   A solid tag with some questionable tactics, but Cripps still got it 20 times. Would have been even better if his kicking for goal was on target.
[1]   Armfield:   Dynamic!
[0.5]   Curnow:   Very solid in the midfield.
[0.5]   Buckley:   Kept his man quiet and provided some nice dash from defence.
[0.5]   Carrazzo:   Very solid in the middle.
[0.5]   Everitt:   Playing more consistently at the moment. Could have been much better if he had kicked straight.

Honourable Mentions:
Simpson:   Had Simmo not kicked so poorly, he would have had votes. Unfortunately his disposal was way off the mark this week.
White:   Very solid in defence, especially considering the difference in size between his and his opponents.
Yarran:   Definitely vote worthy. How did he miss out?
Ellard: His best senior game for ages, because he spent time on the ball. He managed to do a good negative job and still get in the action.
Henderson:   Worked very hard.
Casboult:   Looked like having the game of his life for a while, but fell out of the game at times. His marking was excellent.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
Team B-

3: Bell
3: Docherty
2: Murphy
2: Kruezer
1: Carazzo
1: Wood
1: Tuohy
1: Graham
1: Armfield

Reply #18
5 Bell
4 Murphy
3 Docherty
2 Carrazzo
1 Armfield

Reply #19
Team: B

5 - Murphy
4 - Bell
3 - Casboult
2 - Everitt
1 - Simpson
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball