Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Pre Game Panic (Read 19603 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Pre Game Panic

Reply #45
No opponent for Sam Rowe presuming Jamo gets Pavlich?.....White would probably get Mayne....

Gibbs on Fyfe?.....Bell on Barlow?.....Mundy will be a problem with no Everitt....
You look down back and they have the players to handle Henderson, Waite, Casboult....
Lucas(if he plays), Ellard and young Graham are going to be weak links vs the big bodied Freo players...be a good test for Graham to see if he can lay some tackes, make em stick and win some footy.

To me it just looks like trouble all over the ground and we are a few players short in terms of matchups...

Reply #46
Freo are not fast, if MM has spent all week planning who to tag we will lose!

We need to have them chasing us, we do not want to have blokes like Murphy and Gibbs guarding a bunch of slugs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Freo are not fast, if MM has spent all week planning who to tag we will lose!

We need to have them chasing us, we do not want to have blokes like Murphy and Gibbs guarding a bunch of slugs!

Freo's problem is they dont kick enough goals as they are negative and only have one KP forward of any note....with regards pace I agree they are not quick but have players who are hard to tackle and bring down and that is an achillies heel for us vs the Swans, Hawks etc...we may catch them but they break our tackles and tire our smaller bodies out..
I can see a player like Mundy just bursting through our players and driving it long especially in the last part of the game when we are tired....and a pest like Ballantyne kicking a lot of cheap goals on someone like Touhy..

Reply #48
...and a pest like Ballantyne kicking a lot of cheap goals on someone like Touhy..

True and last time we played Tuohy played on Balantyne who in fact kicked 3, but Tuohy kicked three as well!

Last time we played Freo our mids were smashed, Sandilands marked uncontested in our back line as well as pushing forward. He won't get that sort of space this time and with Clark he will need to be motoring to cover Wood, Rowe, Casboult and Henderson! I expect heavy forward rotations from our talls keeping the opposition in motion.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
In: McLean, Blaine & Carrazzo.

Out: Robinson (susp), Everitt (inj), Menzel (inj).

With the inclusions of Slow Joe Mc, Slow Joe Caz and Blaine we is farked..
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #50
In: McLean, Blaine & Carrazzo.

Out: Robinson (susp), Everitt (inj), Menzel (inj).

With the inclusions of Slow Joe Mc, Slow Joe Caz and Blaine we is farked..

embarassing list we have....

Freo by plenty even under the Saints Footy Guru Lyon himself...

Reply #51
FREMANTLE v CARLTON
Patersons Stadium, Thursday 31 July, 8.10pm (AEST)

FREMANTLE
B: Lee Spurr, Zac Dawson, Tendai Mzungu
HB: Cameron Sutcliffe, Luke McPharlin, Michael Johnson
C: David Mundy, Ryan Crowley, Danyle Pearce
HF: Stephen Hill, Chris Mayne, Nat Fyfe
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Pavlich, Lachie Neale
Fol: Aaron Sandilands, Michael Barlow, Nick Suban
I/C: Zac Clarke, Matt de Boer, Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Duffield
Emg: Tommy Sheridan, Hayden Crozier, Matt Taberner
In: Stephen Hill, Hayden Ballantyne, Aaron Sandilands, Garrick Ibbotson
Out: Matt Taberner (omitted), Jonathon Griffin (omitted), Colin Sylvia (omitted), Anthony Morabito (omitted)

CARLTON
B: Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe, Zach Tuohy
HB: Bryce Gibbs, Simon White, Kade Simpson
C: Sam Docherty, Nick Graham, Chris Yarran
HF: Marc Murphy, Jarrad Waite, Brock McLean
F: Dale Thomas, Lachie Henderson, Blaine Johnson
Fol: Cameron Wood, Tom Bell, Chris Judd
I/C: Andrew Carrazzo, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow, David Ellard
Emg: Dennis Armfield, Kane Lucas, Matthew Watson
In: Brock McLean, Blaine Johnson, Andrew Carrazzo
Out: Mitch Robinson (suspension), Andrejs Everitt (knee), Troy Menzel (knee).

I scratch my head and wonder just what Malthouse is trying to do.

I think he is trying to reinforce cultural selection.  You do the right things, you get a game.  You don't, you wont.  Its why I don't support playing the kids just to give them a game.  If you don't put your hand up you wont get selected, unless its by default, and you can bet that if you don't do the right things, then even after a default selection odds are your straight back out again.  Whats the point in playing a kid to see what he can do, when he wont do what you ask of him to earn a game in the first place?

That's the cultural issue at our club.  I think its being sorted, but it takes time.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #52
When you've got robbo suspended, kreuz injured, everitt injured, menzel injured, buckley injured, cripps lacking match fitness, walker injured etc etc - it's no surprise those are our Ins and emergencies.

Jeffy isn't playing for off field reasons. If we took him to Perth we might as well leave him there.

Reply #53
Any money on Graham being the sub.... Again! :P
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #55
When you've got robbo suspended, kreuz injured, everitt injured, menzel injured, buckley injured, cripps lacking match fitness, walker injured etc etc - it's no surprise those are our Ins and emergencies.

Jeffy isn't playing for off field reasons. If we took him to Perth we might as well leave him there.

He's still playing for the Northern Blues isn't he??

Any money on Graham being the sub.... Again! :P

Perish the thought! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
So reading between the lines in our team selection, Johnson should start the sub. 

I would be fairly comfortable putting a bet on a late change, and one of Armfield or Lucas being the starting sub for this match.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #57
We are undermanned a little tonight, perhaps I need to curb my optimism. Let's just hope for a strong display.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58
All I want is a 4 qtr effort or as close to it as they can give. It's a good test against a high pressure side. It's a good chance to see who can handle the pressure !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #59
I am sick of mediocrity if I wanted that I would barrack for Collingwood.  I want success a win tonight would be appreciated after what  we have had to endure week after week with only the occasional respite from a year of hell.!