Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 25668 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Do your worst! :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #2
Couple of comments...

I'll preface my first comment by saying based on the first half performance, we should never have been in the game, and should have lost by well over a hundred points...
BUT, they only won because of the umpires killing us in the second half. That was almost an almost as disgraceful effort by those maggot kents as it was by Carlton in the first half.

Nick Graham should never play firsts again. I don't care if we can't get 22 fit blokes out there, at least we will know there is a gap.

Weitering should not play firsts again this year. If he is injured then get him right, if he is just playing crape, then let him get confidence back in the 2s.

That's not me  blaming only those 2 players, that was abysmal by the whole team. And that wasn't a loss to be blamed on inexperience. It was lazy, bruise free (except Gibbs in the 3rd quarter), and just disgusting skill level football.

Reply #3
We will have very good key talls in 2019.

Missing Cripps and Curnow

Cunningham needs to do more. He can't afford to let these games go past him.

Reply #4
Seriously out-coached. Fancy being outdone by a younger, less experienced group.

Out 'mongrelled'... our boys were seriously spooked by intimidating and brutal (legal) tactics.

The only reason we got a few cheapies was due to their inexperience in relaxing and letting us back in... but when it mattered, when we got close, they brushed us aside... and we're talking about the bottom side here  :o

Oh well, SOS will be happy.

Dare we mention the 't' word...??? :-[
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
Pumped by the bottom side. Pathetic. When are the excuses going to stop?
Bolton needs to be put on notice.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6
Pumped by the bottom side. Pathetic. When are the excuses going to stop?
Bolton needs to be put on notice.

In the pre-game that talked to Chris Fagan about Bolton/Carltons style.

He said they play a keepings off, go long down the line style.

Lucky we don't play that outdated Mick Malthouse gameplan anymore.  :-[

Reply #7
Well $hit!

Every year we tend to give away the season early. This year it would ruin a good rebuilding year where we were highly competitive against some good sides.

Wouldn't be Carlton if we didn't beat the top side then lose to the bottom side.

Reply #8
In the pre-game that talked to Chris Fagan about Bolton/Carltons style.

He said they play a keepings off, go long down the line style.

Lucky we don't play that outdated Mick Malthouse gameplan anymore.  :-[

Helps when Bolton allows the oppositions best players to run around unmanned.....game plan wasnt the issue it was the basic fundamentals that were missing in our game.
The game plan has been unmasked for a while...and there is no plan B...

Reply #9
Only think i got out of that is that Harry can play.

Some good players up forward but they'd freeze to death waiting for us to get it there.

Reply #10
Thought our kids did as well or better then expected.

BUT apart from Kruezer who tries his ar5e off for 120 mins, Gibbs, Simmo, Daisy, and even Murphy had little to no effect when the game was on the line in the first half.  Murphy and Simmo got going after the half time and tried to lift us but the damage was done by then.

Gibbs 8 touches  ::) along with Thomas gave our kids nothing for 4 quarters. Been good this year but today was terrible. On the flip side there leaders in Zorko and Beams were match winners.  

Put simply, our current list we will only win games of footy when our senior players impact the game. Its as simply as that.

Geez we miss Crippa.

Reply #11
So, so reminiscent of previous outings at the Gabba - what's with that?
We simply do not appear to be in the zone in first halves ???

Except for the following green shoots (and I have searched high & low).

Harry - well done son. Clunked some lovely marks and got a few shots in.
Williamson - sensational return from injury.
Charlie - blinder. RS stocks just went up.
SOJ - well done under the varied structure. Some nice SOS defensive marks.
Zac  - terrier like again.
Cunningham- great in patches, need to work on consistency.
Samo - good effort against seasoned snipper opponents.
McCreadie, Docherty, and Plowman - solid but suffered the lack of organization. Weiters 2nd yr blues?
Jonesy - my guess, game high 1%ers again. Wright - solid, but missed a sitter. Daisy a pass, just.
And folks, there lies our future. IMO The rest were passengers relative to their experience and $.

If Zorko doesn't get rubbed out, this gig is a comedy show.
If we don't get a pp, see above.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
Any style will get flogged when there is a lack of hard work to lead combined with truly awful kicking. We had shockers, but kerridge, Graeme, fisher are just poor kicks.  Terrible leadership. Our back line fell apart with docherty in the middle.  Without Rowe or silvagni in defence we are a rabble that don't know what to do or can only hold a basic function like Jones.

Troubling that our end of year sort out has kicked in so soon. A deplorable performance against the bottom side.

Concerned about curnows set shots. He hooks it savagely and is going to miss a lot if he keeps it up.

On the positive side, McKay did some good things. And I do always like the Gabba's multi coloured seats. Offers a pleasing range of hues in the evening and makes the crowd look larger than it mostly is.

Reply #13
Alastair Clarkson won 14 games in his first two years

Bolton so far has won 12 may end up with 14 wins with a worse list.

I expect 10-12 wins next year.. this was always a development year and have a chance of getting 1-2 more rising star nominations.

But we need depth when we lose players like Curnow and Cripps...

Reply #14
Helps when Bolton allows the oppositions best players to run around unmanned.....game plan wasnt the issue it was the basic fundamentals that were missing in our game.
The game plan has been unmasked for a while...and there is no plan B...

While I agree leaving Zorko do what he pleased was madness having your best player this year gets his first kick half way thru the 3rd quarter (Gibbs) and your other so called leaders in Murphy, Simmo and Thomas do SFA until the game was shot was IMO more the reason we lost then one dimensional game plan.