Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 16: Northern Blues vs Werribee at Werribee (Read 8706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 16: Northern Blues vs Werribee at Werribee

Reply #15
What a result!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
DISPOSALS: Wilson 35, Fisher 27, Schumacher 23, Penrith 20, O'Shea 19, Palmer 19, Hill 19.

Only 2 Blues named in the top possession getters.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
DISPOSALS: Wilson 35, Fisher 27, Schumacher 23, Penrith 20, O'Shea 19, Palmer 19, Hill 19.

Only 2 Blues named in the top possession getters.
Might explain the result

Reply #18
How's Penrith  coming along Crash,  is he draft able or another bust?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
How's Penrith  coming along Crash,  is he draft able or another bust?
At this point I would inviting Penrith down to senior training with an aim of rookying him in 2019. He has some way to go, but his attack on the ball and his pace does appeal to me. He still needs some work on his disposal and decision making, but he has improved a hell of a lot since last year and is worth looking at.
For that matter, I would be looking at Fisher and Palmer as well. Both are not as consistent as I would like, but their efforts and their work ethic is very impressive.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
Byrne got through OK, surely next week.
Schumaker was very good I'm told and surely we have to look at Fisher for 2019.
Anyway, good to have a win.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
Penrith is similar to SPS and Fisher reminds me of Obrien.....just two more light bodies that will be fodder at senior level...too many boys..
We need bigger, stronger, nastier.....

Reply #22
Penrith is similar to SPS and Fisher reminds me of Obrien.....just two more light bodies that will be fodder at senior level...too many boys..
We need bigger, stronger, nastier.....

We need players who can execute basic skills if you ask me.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
We need players who can execute basic skills if you ask me.

Agree....but we cant add anymore Auskick kids to what we already have....
Players like Dow need mature support themselves not more little bodies they will have to look after....
Hawks brought a newbie called James Worpel into the team and he kicked our ArSe to the tune of 32 possies..now Worpel is 185cm and 85kg and clearly
has a headstart on a kid like OBrien or Polson, its not rocket science we need bigger bodies and no more Auskickers...

Reply #24
In other news, Le Bois lasted 5 minutes and has broken down again with what looked like a hamstring.

Reply #25
How unexpected.   Thanks for your service, good bye.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #26
Some don't rate him but Kerridge adds a fair bit to our team's output - and he always runs out games well....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
Some don't rate him but Kerridge adds a fair bit to our team's output - and he always runs out games well....

Agree on the fitness side and prefer him to Mullet, Polson, Shaw.......

Reply #28
Kerridge is no doubt a competitor and one of our better lesser lights but we need better in order to progress, He would be a handy foot soldier in a much more talented/experienced team than us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
Dont agree with needing Kerridge back. He is exactly the player we need to replace if we want to improve not one to bring into a team like ours.

Yes he has the fitness, yes he is a bigger body but he is as unreliable a kick as anyone and this wont improve - he turns its over in the worst spots and hence why crows let him go.  We cant keep going down the same track and expecting a different outcome.

Above everything else our number one area needing major improvement is getting blokes in who are smart footballers and with at least average - good ball when in possession. We have way too many sub standard users.

Need another clean out - Oshea, Kerridge, Graham, Mullet, Shaw, Casboult, Lamb, Garlett and Rowe are all sub standard and im sure I missed some. 

And once the above are added to players that we are unlikely to cut such as Ed Curnow, Jones, Polson, Marchbank, Kennedy etc, it doesn't leave many we have that are AFL standard with ball in hand.