Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 13176 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 18: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Next Saturday night on the Gold Coast we play the Suns, the worst two teams in the competition. Unfortunately, we appear to be worse than the Suns, who had their best ever win yesterday against Sydney. :(
I can't see us win, but who knows? If we had some players available, we might make it close. But with 2 more definitely out, I don't like our chances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Next Saturday night on the Gold Coast we play the Suns, the worst two teams in the competition. Unfortunately, we appear to be worse than the Suns, who had their best ever win yesterday against Sydney. :(
I can't see us win, but who knows? If we had some players available, we might make it close. But with 2 more definitely out, I don't like our chances.

Fisher will be a big loss.

Reply #2
We will lose ... nothing more certain IMO

Reply #3
We will lose ... nothing more certain IMO

Just a question of by how many?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Yep it may get nasty , Gold Coast at home won't be east at all.

Reply #6
8-10, with no names tearing us a new one and we won't kick 60 points.

Their tall backs to dominate our limp forwards, Casboult (if he plays)  to be pathetic on May.

Boltons zone defence to once again be utterly useless... Please go one on one Bolts,  go basic.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Gold Coast aren't exactly great, and it's effectively a dead rubber.  Add gc having a win filling them with confidence plus no lynch...

I reckon we'll win next week.  We simply have to.

I reckon we'll knock off the Bulldogs in round 22 too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
I'd like to try SPS in a set role,  as a small defender in the McLeod role.   He looks lost to me.   He could use his disposal and ball finding in the role,  he's a  good tackler but I doubt his tank will ever permit him to be a full time mid.   Quality ball use from defence would really help us.

Reply #9
I'd like to try SPS in a set role,  as a small defender in the McLeod role.   He looks lost to me.   He could use his disposal and ball finding in the role,  he's a  good tackler but I doubt his tank will ever permit him to be a full time mid.   Quality ball use from defence would really help us.

Agreed.

He should be playing Simpson's role and Kade pushed up the ground.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Agreed.

He should be playing Simpson's role and Kade pushed up the ground.

Not having a go at you MBB, are we looking to the future or to the now ?
If we are looking to the future it’s a sound move, but at the same time everyone wants to ditch the zone defense and try to limit the damage... and the coach is a spud because he’s not doing that.
The players are all spuds because we’re not winning...
The recruiter is obviously no good because we’re not winning, and his previous job, they haven’t won a flag...
The president has to go...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #11
Well with one win on the board I would assume we're looking to the future.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
I agree.
So what to do about everything else ?

Hold the line imho.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #13
Looking at the few positives from the Hawthorn game, Kennedy looked to be the player we wanted, playing tough uncompromising football with some skill and Poulson looked significantly better and got involved in the play more, played his heart out. Harry took 8 marks around the ground, just needed to kick at least two goals but still less than 10 games.

Lobbe has to go, Casboult stays as a decoy unfortunately and with Fisher/Jones gone, I would like to see a touch more run off half back, Lang and Lamb in for Fisher & Jones with Kruezer replacing Lobbe, I hope they leave Weitering as the main backman with Marchbank and surround them with runners take the game on, run hard and in waves. If we lose so what at least go out trying to win rather than stopping them. Play the extra back and surge forward.

Reply #14
Play Byrne and Schumacher,  bugger Casboult and Lobbe  off.   Rather play Kerr and Kreuzer,  if fit.