Mundine - Still the Man!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 01, 2018, 01:51:33 pm

Topic: Horn or Mundine (Read 19459 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Horn or Mundine

Reply #45
Horn
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #46
What a fighter he was, they don't make them like him anymore.

Hit Man Hearns v Marvelous Marvin, they were the days.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Absolutely.  Allowing old boxers to fight is inexcusable,

Tell that to George Foreman V2.0.

He won the title 20 years after losing it, at the age of 45.

Reply #48
Tell that to George Foreman V2.0.

He won the title 20 years after losing it, at the age of 45.
For every George Foreman how many banged up old pugs are there with brain damage, dementia etc etc etc or have been counted out permanently?
Another George.... Burns lived to 100 smoking cigars but I wouldnt recommend it as a route to a great old age for the majority of us, think George Foreman is very lucky, maybe those fat free grills he has his name on have helped him health wise..😉 along with the 138 million he made from them plus you need to factor in he found religion, was a ordained minister and had some extra help in his corner perhaps...

Reply #49
The stars aligned for Foreman. He was losing and landed a big shot against a Moorer who was fortunate to beat Holyfield to have the title in the first place.

Heavyweights can generally fight longer as they don't have to cut weight. Mundine dropping weight as he got older made it worse for him but he was too stupid to realize this.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
For every George Foreman how many banged up old pugs are there with brain damage, dementia etc etc etc or have been counted out permanently?
Another George.... Burns lived to 100 smoking cigars but I wouldnt recommend it as a route to a great old age for the majority of us, think George Foreman is very lucky, maybe those fat free grills he has his name on have helped him health wise..😉 along with the 138 million he made from them plus you need to factor in he found religion, was a ordained minister and had some extra help in his corner perhaps...
I'm not saying because he can do it everyone can.....or should.

Just saying, boxers are full of confidence, and there is precedent that it can still be done.
Boxers are full of confidence, but light on for brains generally. So much so that they don't realise its unlikely.

The fact George did it is why others try it.

Reply #51
The stars aligned for Foreman. He was losing and landed a big shot against a Moorer who was fortunate to beat Holyfield to have the title in the first place.

Heavyweights can generally fight longer as they don't have to cut weight. Mundine dropping weight as he got older made it worse for him but he was too stupid to realize this.
I finally got around to watching this.

Mundine had a mouth but in the past he did match it with some toughness in the ring, I do not think Mundine has ever been a great boxer, but he was tough beyond average, to match his big mouth beyond average, and most of his better victories came delivered survivor style, outlast and outwit!

Going against Zerafa was almost suicide, the old Man Mundine is now soft as hot butter and dribbles just as fast, his reputation is all in the past and he could probably be knocked out by a street vagrant Toby Mitchell style.

It just goes to show you how we judge sport relatively. Put a few old pokes in the ring together and you get a half decent spectacle because they are all going at rat-ar5e pace. Put them in against anyone half-decent and still young and the old blokes will get the living suitcase beat out of them.

Zerafa did the right thing and didn't feck around with Mundine, the fat lady sung, she was singing before that fight started.
The Force Awakens!